kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, justanothername said:

@dentalplan

You've hacked my phone because whenever I press backspace this happens

@dentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentalplandentdentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentaldentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentalplandentdentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladendentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentalplandentdentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentaldentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentalplandentdentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentalplandentdentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentaldentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentalplandentdentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladendentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentalplandentdentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentaldentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalpladentalplandentdentalplandentalpladentalplandentalpdentalplandentalp

It just keeps adding more! What did you do to me!!!!!!

Really?

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

like everybody else, certainly wasn't expecting Muse. i'm sure they'll go down a storm and it did seem weird that they totally missed out R/L this time 'round, but with no new album or anniversary of an album it's a bit of a peculiar booking

when was the last time there wasn't a new headliner? must've been a while back. i suspect one of that current trio is wrong (although if not it'll probably sell better than it has for years if they've done well with the undercard)

They even said three weeks ago that 2017 was a few US fests that they missed out on and then just work on their Pokemon hip hop album. So yeah we were all within our rights to not expect them.

I kinda think that's opened a door back up to Royal Blood and alt-J sharing a night alongside the two TBC headliners - and that'd be my prediction now - but as you say, it'd sell incredibly so maybe they've just foregone their self imposed (2005 aside) tradition for a year.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They even said three weeks ago that 2017 was a few US fests that they missed out on and then just work on their Pokemon hip hop album. So yeah we were all within our rights to not expect them.

I kinda think that's opened a door back up to Royal Blood and alt-J sharing a night alongside the two TBC headliners - and that'd be my prediction now - but as you say, it'd sell incredibly so maybe they've just foregone their self imposed (2005 aside) tradition for a year.

yep Muse, Kasabian, Royal Blood/Alt-J looks about as Reading/Leeds a set of headliners as you could get in 2017, but if they've got Eminem and Royal Blood as a sub or something then it's mega strong

17 minutes ago, Webby424 said:

Might be nothing but somebody shared this on Twitter they said it was on guns and roses Facebook page... I've asked for a link but nothing yet 

Screenshot_20161128-120547.png

This has done the rounds on the Internet for weeks, it's almost certainly fake, especially as R&L are over a month after their last date before that.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

yep Muse, Kasabian, Royal Blood/Alt-J looks about as Reading/Leeds a set of headliners as you could get in 2017, but if they've got Eminem and Royal Blood as a sub or something then it's mega strong

It's not mega strong lol. RB are a sub, nothing less and nothing more. Getting Eminem given his price would be impressive but it will work out fine for them on weekend sellout.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's not mega strong lol. RB are a sub, nothing less and nothing more. Getting Eminem given his price would be impressive but it will work out fine for them on weekend sellout.

It is mega strong. Royal Blood are going to be your obsession this coming year aren't they, just like Foals were for this year's festival. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah that was my first thought. Eminem seems like he'd make more sense at V next year if he were to do either.

36 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It is mega strong. Royal Blood are going to be your obsession this coming year aren't they, just like Foals were for this year's festival. 

No they aren't, because I don't dislike RB :p. Both are in the position of not being big enough though and a subbing position at another English festival proved that.

You love RB which is why you think it's mega strong but realistically it's a band that did very well on debut that are yet to bring out either a newer album or show signs of heavily upgraded dates. I'm not saying that won't but you you are basing it on what might happen, just like everyone on here expected another bands album to crazy and it went the opposite. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No they aren't, because I don't dislike RB :p. Both are in the position of not being big enough though and a subbing position at another English festival proved that.

You love RB which is why you think it's mega strong but realistically it's a band that did very well on debut that are yet to bring out either a newer album or show signs of heavily upgraded dates. I'm not saying that won't but you you are basing it on what might happen, just like everyone on here expected another bands album to crazy and it went the opposite. 

I don't love Royal Blood in the slightest :lol: 

Not a great headline trio for me personally if it is Muse, Eminem and Kasabian but very strong nonetheless. 

Would be odd though as it's not since 2009 (I believe anyway) that a new headliner hasn't been brought through and can't remember/work out if there has been a time when there's been three headliners who have all headlined the festival before.

16 minutes ago, DMCJ2 said:

Not a great headline trio for me personally if it is Muse, Eminem and Kasabian but very strong nonetheless. 

Would be odd though as it's not since 2009 (I believe anyway) that a new headliner hasn't been brought through and can't remember/work out if there has been a time when there's been three headliners who have all headlined the festival before.

2009 had three headliners new to R+L but not new to headlining major festivals. That's what they're concerned with as there have been many years where it's been like that eg. 2011, 2012, 2015.

Think the only one where all acts had headlined before was 2005, and that time two of the headliners hadn't done so since the 80's.

I'm not naive enough to think they'd be flat out rejecting mega headliners to secure new acts in headline spots but I still have a feeling new ones will be involved next year.

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'd question RATM selling stadiums out, their Finsbury Park gig was free.

Didn't Rage Against The Machine give away free ticks to this as a thanks to the fans for getting them to Christmas No.1? I don't think it should be used to indicate their size. 

16 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Didn't Rage Against The Machine give away free ticks to this as a thanks to the fans for getting them to Christmas No.1? I don't think it should be used to indicate their size. 

Yes and know it should.

13 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

RATM are headliners.

I agree, I'm not disputing that. The debate was 2008 in the strongest headliners year.