Resale

bennyboi

National Express coaches go from Victoria but the special See Tickets coaches put on by Glastonbury go from O2. Trust me - I did it last year!!

Huge ballache for me as I live in West London but it really is the worst part. Very stress free otherwise and we had a little gin on the way!

How long does it take to get there?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year we got the 8am and were on site about 2 I think? Not long after anyway. Bear in mind the drivers are bound by law to stop for 40 minutes at a service station due to break regulations. Also we went through Bristol which seemed a bit odd to me but I don't drive so what do I know?

6 hours!! From London! Christ that's a long journey time from there.

Yeah I was surprised. Basically subtract an hour for that break though. So five. Also I could be wrong so please someone correct me if so but we were setting up early to mid afternoon. No queue at gate A at all which was lovely.

Just had a look on the national express site and they are listing their coaches from 3 and a half to 4 hours.

We got a National Express coach last year and set off about 10ish and were in well before 2 from London. That was on the Weds and we went the normal way, no detour through Bristol!

That seems more like it. It's quite possible that Zoo took so long due to having to make the detour (accident etc..)

Yeah I could be wrong as I said but I remember it definitely took longer than I expected after looking it up. Could be that we had to take some weird diversion? Anyway it was stress free and fine.

In the resale last year I picked times. But that was London and you could pick times in the main sale. Not sure how it works for other places.

I've got the National Express the past two years in the middle of the night and it does take about 3 1/2 hours, maybe a bit less. No issues with the route, no stops and, like I said, it was the middle of the night. Obviously if you go later, get a dud driver or go from the O2 with See it will take longer.

Last year we got the 8am and were on site about 2 I think? Not long after anyway. Bear in mind the drivers are bound by law to stop for 40 minutes at a service station due to break regulations. Also we went through Bristol which seemed a bit odd to me but I don't drive so what do I know?

One year on the return coach to London the coach went through Bath. Right through the centre. It was bizarre.

And the journey back took about twice as long as the journey there.

Got the national express from Liverpool and it was an absolute breeze, left about 7am and on-site about 12.30pm and walked through gate A with ease.

Would suggest travelling as light as possible if you have friends driving down, get them to take your tent and booze. Just had my backpack stored under the coach.

Advantages...

Not having to drive back, more than there

Party on the bus, full on

Getting straight to gate A without the trek from the car park.

Disadvantages...

Not taking as much gear, but could be an advantage too as you don't have to carry it as far

Not having control over what time you arrive, I luckily had friends to pitch my tent.

Party on the bus!!! I lost 2 hours of my life. Can't remember getting to the camp site, however, even in my inebriated state, I still found it!!

Thanks, your info is very useful, I reckon the worst bit will be not having control over the time you arrive, think I could cope with the other disadvantages!

Thanks, your info is very useful, I reckon the worst bit will be not having control over the time you arrive, think I could cope with the other disadvantages!

Agree. This part was the hardest part for me. I was lucky to have friends pitch my tent. If you don't, makes for hard work!

This was the reason I didn't try for a coach ticket this year and the reason I am ticketless! I got a coach last year and it was fine, but this year I wanted to go by National Express so I could choose my coach time. Turned out to be a terrible idea :( So in the resale I'm definitely going to try for a coach again, I cometh full circle!

This was the reason I didn't try for a coach ticket this year and the reason I am ticketless! I got a coach last year and it was fine, but this year I wanted to go by National Express so I could choose my coach time. Turned out to be a terrible idea :( So in the resale I'm definitely going to try for a coach again, I cometh full circle!

What a pain, yes I think I probably could have got coach tickets in the main sale, as I tested the link and got through straight away. I haven't started to get nervous yet, but I definitely will be by the time the dates are announced!! Think I may need to get a new PC, this one has done me proud ever since the online sales started, but the battery is on it's way out and it has a few other issues, so need to pull my finger out and make a decision about which make/model to buy. All the best for the resale :bye:

I'm wondering whether to go for it in the coach sale as well, as much as it wouldn't be ideal I'd much rather know I have a ticket than waiting for the main resale a few days later and it all hinging on that.

First time since I've started going I've not got them in the first sale. Bricking it. :(

we had 4 to get last year... We got them may the odds be in your favour...