Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought with Andy casting doubt over BMTH a few months back that they were probably in Sonisphere's claws but if that's not going ahead then what the piss are they gonna do next summer - first after their biggest album to date - if Download don't have them?

Edited by dentalplan

I thought with Andy casting doubt over BMTH a few months back that they were probably in Sonisphere's claws but if that's not going ahead then what the piss are they gonna do next summer - first after their biggest album to date - if Download don't have them?

If Download do have them it's not as headliners, no chance off the back of Ally Pally and only Cardiff Arena having any size. Surely they needed a mix of NIA, Notts, Manchester, Newcastle and maybe Sheffield to be considered?

They'll add more dates when the album's released.

Why not now?, what's the difference?, it's out in 11 days. They've announced two shows close enough to where they've just played. They've got Donny Dome instead of maybe Sheffield Arena and not not even Wembley Arena for their London date. They may add another Ally Pally date but I'm still not seeing it with that tour. Also, Drown is on the album, was that not supposed to be on it and just separate?

Edited by thewayiam

Thats a really good point. If Download have them booked as anything less than headliners then they are missing a trick imo. BMTH are THE metal band of the moment, and the British metal band of this generation, if they headline Downlod and smash it, which, face it, they almost certainly would after their recent performances, then they get the media attention and praise for giving the biggest 'new' metal band the push up to headline their first major festival. Booking them as headliners is a no-brainer to me, and I'll be disappointed if Downlod don't take the punt.

Edited by Andre91

Why not now?, what's the difference?, it's out in 11 days. They've announced two shows close enough to where they've just played. They've got Donny Dome instead of maybe Sheffield Arena and not not even Wembley Arena for their London date. They may add another Ally Pally date but I'm still not seeing it with that tour. Also, Drown is on the album, was that not supposed to be on it and just separate?

Yeah it's that sort of stuff that makes it look likely that they'll add shows. Or probably more likely that they'll do another tour in the new year or something. There's just no way their album tour is gonna look like that - Edinburgh Corn Exchange as their only Scottish show?

Thats a really good point. If Download have them booked as anything less than headliners then they are missing a trick imo. BMTH are the metal band of the moment, and the British metal band of this generation, if they headline Downlod and smash it, which, face it, they almost certainly would after their recent performances, then they get the media attention and praise for giving the biggest 'new' metal band the push up to headline their forst major festival. Booking them as headliners is a no brainer to me, and I'll be disappointed if Downlod don't take that punt.

Yeah I agree they'd be shooting themselves in the foot to book them lower. I think they will headline when they next play but when that is I couldn't say.

Thats a really good point. If Download have them booked as anything less than headliners then they are missing a trick imo. BMTH are THE metal band of the moment, and the British metal band of this generation, if they headline Downlod and smash it, which, face it, they almost certainly would after their recent performances, then they get the media attention and praise for giving the biggest 'new' metal band the push up to headline their first major festival. Booking them as headliners is a no-brainer to me, and I'll be disappointed if Downlod don't take the punt.

Are you sure they are only THE metal band at the moment because there it literally no other metal band around with anything new of note that aren't just going through the motions? I'm not a fan but looking at the Download lineup which is a metal (rock if you like) festival, where else is the rising metal band?, don't say FFDP, everyone knows they were higher than they should of been on a shoddy day of bookings by some standards.

Yeah it's that sort of stuff that makes it look likely that they'll add shows. Or probably more likely that they'll do another tour in the new year or something. There's just no way their album tour is gonna look like that - Edinburgh Corn Exchange as their only Scottish show?

Yeah I agree they'd be shooting themselves in the foot to book them lower. I think they will headline when they next play but when that is I couldn't say.

So they are going to play a big show at Reading & Leeds, that's a lot of people, a tour in Nov, a bigger tour next year and then go and headline Download as well next year?. They might be a decent sized band but they're not massive. If they announce a bigger tour for next year and you'd think for bigger it needs to be 5 months in advance which is fairly normal, they'll be doing UK dates in April if you include December in that month, even at the start of April that's a month and a half before Download. Slipknot did it but their tour was at least end of January are are far bigger!

Based on what they have so far, they aren't big enough to headline by a long shot and Andy even said that earlier in the year, doing more dates after these next year for me cancels out a Download appearance at headline. I agree that next time they play it'll be a headline show i'd imagine but I can't see next year. They need to see how a bigger tour next year sells 1st maybe.

Edited by thewayiam

That being said, at any point Soni can pull some headliners out the bag, some act can decide they wanna play and it goes ahead, but look at this year, this group owning Soni now, Muse and KISS played their fests rest of Europe but here they played Download. It means nothing what happens abroad. How can you even argue that when that right there is proof. Otherwise KISS and Muse would have played Soni this year and Download wouldn't have had them.

Rammstein is the only coop Soni has ever got. Andy was after them for years and Soni got there first in being the festival to host them, but it was also the year that he had booked TCV, Rage and Aerosmith as headliners and THEN AC/DC become avaliable so he booked them also, THEN Rammstein decided they wanted to play and thus Soni got them.

This could happen again next year, although at this point Rammstein have been asked and they've said no they don't want to come over but it could happen with another band(s), I think whatever will happen it will be a while yet until Soni say this is the cut off point we will stop trying, because thats bad business. But at the moment, there's no plans for Sonisphere to take place next year.

You're just contradicting yourself, you say there's no plans for sonisphere to take place but then say it could, you're just edging your bets.

That statement is also bull, the owners of knebworth house have said at the start of the year that plans are well in place for next year and the lineup on the table looked very exciting. Stuart Galbraith has also said that plans are in place and they are pushing for 2016 to take place, so to say there's no plans is bull.

As far as rammstein are concerned, they were approached ages ago and told everyone that they had no plans to tour as till lindemann is touring solo.

The cut off point for sonisphere is The end of November, it's now September. Last year they didn't cancel until January as they were still chasing leads.

As far as getting it all right, you was completely wrong the other year when you said that sonisphere wouldn't be taken place as the bands they had weren't big enough, I told you that they had all 3 locked in and they were huge, you said 2 headliners were average and theywere waiting on 1 huge band and if they couldn't get them, it wouldn't go ahead, they had maiden, Metallica and the prodigy and it sold very well, Stuart Galbraith even branded it the most successful year they had.

I have heard from a few places about 2016s events, which I wrote on the sonisphere forums and they have apparently booked slipknot, not sure on the others as of yet.

Edited by metalicbear

Bring Me The Horizon are going to add more dates / do another tour. Given that this tour is smaller than Enter Shikaris tour for next year and A Day To Remembers tour last year these are not the only dates theyll be doing

I would say you're probably correct, but another tour plus a Download headline set I see unlikely.

So they can't headline without playing an arena tour but if they do an arena tour then it would be overkill for them to headline a festival too?

It falls at the wrong time I think dental so given that they'd be playing a bigger tour maybe a month and a half before their 'big' moment I'd say so yes. People have already forked out to see them literally not long before and a Download show isn't going to out do their own indoor show.

Similarly to Slipknot, many who went to the indoor show and Download said it was the same but they are a much bigger band and there was 5 months between the two.

Oh and can't and unlikely are separate :P

Edited by thewayiam

Bring Me The Horizon

You Me At Six

Royal Blood

Killswitch Engage

While She Sleeps

Neck Deep

Marmozets

Issues

Alice Cooper

Volbeat

Halestorm

The Used

System Of A Down

Deftones

Disturbed

Alexisonfire

Papa Roach

Bury Tomorrow

Atreyu

Hacktivist

Northlane

All Time Low

Sleeping With Sirens

Asking Alexandria

Mayhem

Iron Maiden

Bullet For My Valentine

Stone Sour

The Darkness

Airbourne

Cancer Bats

Sixx:A.M.

Paradise Lost

Evil Scarecrow

Limp Bizkit

Skindred

Crossfaith

Lower Than Atlantis

Edited by Andre91

You're just contradicting yourself, you say there's no plans for sonisphere to take place but then say it could, you're just edging your bets.

That statement is also bull, the owners of knebworth house have said at the start of the year that plans are well in place for next year and the lineup on the table looked very exciting. Stuart Galbraith has also said that plans are in place and they are pushing for 2016 to take place, so to say there's no plans is bull.

As far as rammstein are concerned, they were approached ages ago and told everyone that they had no plans to tour as till lindemann is touring solo.

The cut off point for sonisphere is The end of November, it's now September. Last year they didn't cancel until January as they were still chasing leads.

As far as getting it all right, you was completely wrong the other year when you said that sonisphere wouldn't be taken place as the bands they had weren't big enough, I told you that they had all 3 locked in and they were huge, you said 2 headliners were average and theywere waiting on 1 huge band and if they couldn't get them, it wouldn't go ahead, they had maiden, Metallica and the prodigy and it sold very well, Stuart Galbraith even branded it the most successful year they had.

I have heard from a few places about 2016s events, which I wrote on the sonisphere forums and they have apparently booked slipknot, not sure on the others as of yet.

The same Soni forums that confirmed that Metallica were exclusives last year?

Anyone got any idea when the ticks will be on sale. Andy was on twitter couple of weeks ago saying DL news coming and it's all gone quiet.

It's very strange as they're presale is normally the following week, it's 2 and a half months later now and if as of latest Soni isn't on and 2 out of 3 headers are booked.

Is there a possible chance they are currently fighting another promoter for a 3rd headliner? I honestly with the obvious two out the equation can't see past SOAD atm, don't think BMTH will quite be enough.

What's your latest predictions gazza?

Same as most others to be honest devilman. 

Maiden Sabbath and I reckon SOAD. I'm less sure on the last one as not much has been heard about them.

Sabbath just announced their 'The End' Tour starting North America end of Jan and are covering by the end of April Australia/New Zealand with a fair big gap between them both and I doubt it'll be too long after those dates that the UK comes in. It states more dates announced in October so I think that's when you're looking at for Download, I can't see a chance Andy won't book them, they pretty much symbolize Download, I'm not the biggest fan of the festival as a whole but this might get me there, purely because how much they'll cost indoors and there is likely to be a couple of bands I'd watch on their day. I'm not a huge fan of the NIA as think they'll probably play that.

Yourself?