Hot Chip warm up gig Birmingham 20th Feb

hurdy

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1hr 15min.

Three new tracks including huareche lights.

From what I can remember,and in no particular order... Over and over, boy from school, flutes, let me be him, one night stand, i feel better, ready for the floor, look at where we are.

Something like that. You get the flavour. Any errors? I've been listening to them all day and drinking for some of it. So good. Sarah Jones was awesome.

Edited by hurdy

Huarache Lights was ace, track called Futures similar and also good.

Title track Why Make Sense dropped in the middle of the encore, very guitar based and didn't sit that well with the set being finished by Look at Where We Are.

That's the only minor gripe though. So, so good.

1hr 15min.

Three new tracks including huareche lights.

From what I can remember,and in no particular order... Over and over, boy from school, flutes, let me be him, one night stand, i feel better, ready for the floor, look at where we are.

Something like that. You get the flavour. Any errors? I've been listening to them all day and drinking for some of it. So good. Sarah Jones was awesome.

Roll on May, can't wait :-)

Huarache Lights was ace, track called Futures similar and also good.

Title track Why Make Sense dropped in the middle of the encore, very guitar based and didn't sit that well with the set being finished by Look at Where We Are.

That's the only minor gripe though. So, so good.

I really liked why make sense. It was a nice departure from the usual hot chip stuff. Really not bothered by Look at where we are though, it's a bit of a damp squib.

That's what I was getting at in a rather ham-fisted way. Thought Why Make Sense was perfect for the encore, good to have all out guitars. Would have preferred them to end on that cover of Nothing Compares 2 U from way back when.

Edited by hurdy

Oh, and yes, Sarah Jones was bloody brilliant. Live drumming to that type of dancey-pop stuff is not easy. She is tight as a tight thing.

Ben

So Pleased by this news. Bathe in the light. Every Day of My Life.

Does that sound like a Rapper? Amsterdam May 19th

Edited by bamber