Queen announce Euro and UK tour...

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm. I recently watched (on that there You Tube) their performance on Live Aid. Now, I'm not a Queen fan, I don't own a single album, but I think that twenty odd minutes is the finest live performance of all time. Unparalleled.

That said, no Fred.

Is it still Paul Rogers?

Don't get me wrong, I think with their back catalogue they would be immense but are we really still watching Queen or just a tribute band?

They are live on Radio Two now, just unofficially announced it..

Hmmmm personally I think they could do a much bigger slot than a legends slot Sunday afternoon for sure. Cmon Arcade fire last year, U2, even Rolling Stones Saturday, Metallica etc... Queen would pull more of them than the lot.

It's still Bryan May and Roger Taylor..supposedly the lead singer on tour was fantastic.

Rumblestripe...I think that's one of my favourite moments in live arena band footage ever.

The guy they have at the minute seems to be making a reasonable fist of it, but - from what I've seen - it's very much the Brian & Roger show. If you want to see the Brighton Rock guitar solo played on the Red Special then buy a ticket - if not, go for the drunken singalong factor or not at all as depends on your point of view.

One song!!

Nah, Dolly was boring as asshole but pulled the biggest crowd all weekend. Think you underestimate Queens legacy and popularity in the 20th Century.

I am not a queen fan atall, own none of there tunes but I know they would pull it off just like Metallica did.

I would like to be proven wrong :)

Queen were the first band I liked. Saw them at Cardiff Castle in the pouring rain in 1976 and it changed my life entirely. I couldn't see enough live music after that.

Freddie Mercury was a fantastic front man and held the audience unlike any other artist I've seen since.

I went on to see Queen many times after that, including at Live Aid and their final concert at Knebworth. Having seen hundreds of bands over the years since then, they are still the greatest live act ever for me. Of course, that may be something to do with the fact that you never forget your first love.

It was never going to be the same without Freddie. Saw them with Paul Rodgers and it was still very good, but just not the same.

Having said that, Queen at Glastonbury (even in the reduced format) would be a sensation. The bands most well received on the Pyramid are ones that play songs that the majority of the audience know. Queen may well have more well known songs that a broad audience would know than any other band ever to play the Pyramid and I include The Rolling Stones in that. The only exception might be Macca.

Still, can't see it happening.

No way. If their tours indicate they're not treated as the same band as Queen then nor should Glastonbury. It'd be a disastrous booking.

I'm not quite sure what you mean? They are NOT the same Queen. How can they be? And why would it be disastrous?

The last time they were booked to headline a festival it was cancelled due to poor sales:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/sonisphere-cancellation-nixes-adam-lambert-and-queen-gig-20120329

Ah, I see. You're saying it would be a poor booking from a financial perspective because Sonisphere was cancelled? And therefore the demand from the public is not great enough?

I'm not quite sure what you mean? They are NOT the same Queen. How can they be? And why would it be disastrous?

Yeah pretty much as CG posted, their last festival here they were booked for thought it'd sell on the Queen name but was eventually cancelled. They haven't got anything like the same demand so I don't reckon they would be a headliner.

Yeah pretty much as CG posted, their last festival here they were booked for thought it'd sell on the Queen name but was eventually cancelled. They haven't got anything like the same demand so I don't reckon they would be a headliner.

That's a fair point, although current commercial success has never been a good indicator of who the festival picks as headliners.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that they will not be headliners, but I think it would go down a storm if they did.