Suede

bexj

They absolutely blasted their warm up gig (for AllyPally tomorrow) in Nottingham last night - the band was tight and Brett looked and sounded superb. Shame they aren't in the line up somewhere:-(

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to Brett a couple of weeks ago and asked,he gave a hesitant 'no not this year' booooooooooo. Really hoping for them to play,fantastic new album and their gigs,especially Hop Farm were brilliant.
Edited by milly16

would love to have gone to ally pally but that venue is absolutely horrific. Crap sound, crap views and a hideous journey home.

Suede are a fantastic band, saw them at the O2 a few years back but i have to agree alley pally is such a mission to get back across London on the underground from and catch my local train home in time more then likely I miss it.

If you read some of the reviews published today on various sites (The Quietus especially), thy point out why Ally Pally is the perfect "Suede" venue. I thought it was great as a venue. Polite staff and security, lovely view of London on the way there and back and they even put on an after show party that was halfway decent. No complaints at all.

Seen them at Brixton academy a couple of years back and they were as good as I hoped they would be. Didn't bother travelling down for the Ally Pally gigs as I assumed they would be doing a UK tour for the new album, but as yet no news on that.

Real shame it looks like no chance of seeing them at all at Glastonbury this year, they would have been the perfect alternative to Mumfords as a Sunday night closing act IMO.

Edited by Jie Bie

How popular will these tickets be? I usually avoid pre-sales as they tend to add on more fees but would kick myself if I missed out on tickets in the general sale on Friday.

I have no idea. The Nottingham gig a couple of weeks ago didn't sell out, but that was very short notice and under-publicised. These gigs have been reported by the music press, etc., so demand will naturally be higher. I think you'll be fine with the normal sale, but to avoid fees I think the pre-sale is the better bet. I got my Ally Pally tickets through the Suede store pre-sale and they only added a couple of quid's worth of fees, as opposed to the £6-10 you can expect from major ticket agents

but yeah, doubt it will make a lot of difference either way.