Suede

bexj

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll get rid of them easily.

I agree about standing at gigs generally, but dog man star I reckon is sit-downable. Plus if I'm sat I'm less likely to get roaring drunk and feel crap at work the next day...

Yeah, I'll whack 'em on Gumtree and sell them at face value. If anyone here is interested though, do PM me.

Christ - what a morning! Spent over 200 quid on bloody Suede tickets... I feel faint.

Good point - another Sunday night gig innit?

Is it time for the "Could Suede Headline The Other Stage?" chat.

Yep, I think they could. Though I'd prefer to see them headline a rammed John Peel tent.

BTW this is my first e-fests post since July! It's taken some good solid Suede chat to draw me back in. I've also picked up tickets for the RAH show.

If they played maybe Suede would be fairly high up on the Pyramid in the same way that Vampire Weekend were last year. Both bands headlined Latitude a few years ago but their stock hasn't really grown (albeit, VW's album was excellent and Suede's is very good).

One of my biggest Glasto disappointments was the last time Suede played (think it was 2004) they were dreadful. It was a early afternoon slot and it sounded like it was being played on an Alba stereo, by your neighbours.

If they played maybe Suede would be fairly high up on the Pyramid in the same way that Vampire Weekend were last year. Both bands headlined Latitude a few years ago but their stock hasn't really grown (albeit, VW's album was excellent and Suede's is very good).

One of my biggest Glasto disappointments was the last time Suede played (think it was 2004) they were dreadful. It was a early afternoon slot and it sounded like it was being played on an Alba stereo, by your neighbours.

2003 that would have been. They're were definitely in decline by that point, and had lost their way a bit live. They split up a few months later. Since they've been back though the live shows have been incredible. And, as you, say the new stuff's actually pretty good.

They've just announced Forestry Commission shows for the 13th and 21st of June. Is activity around the time of Glastonbury enough to justify upgrading them to full-blown rumour status?

2003 that would have been. They're were definitely in decline by that point, and had lost their way a bit live. They split up a few months later. Since they've been back though the live shows have been incredible. And, as you, say the new stuff's actually pretty good.

They've just announced Forestry Commission shows for the 13th and 21st of June. Is activity around the time of Glastonbury enough to justify upgrading them to full-blown rumour status?

Not sure really, Blondie is one which stuck out like a sore thumb last year in terms of being available for Glastonbury due to the Forestry Commission shows. But didn't play.

oh yeah 2003, that sounds right.

Yes, I was trepidatious about seeing them again after that but they were excellent at Latitude and I'd like to see them again playing (a few) off bloodsports.

The Thetford gig is only 45 mins up the road for me but so close to Glasto. I think I'll keep my powder dry. It's quite expensive.

I'm gonna go to the Westenbirt gig. Just up the road from me. Just need them for glasto now. As for the band they are sounding as good as they ever have done. Think the new album ( which was a fine return to form) really got Brett and co back on track.