Word Association Game

Love the fishermans friends grumps, reminds me of a family holiday in Port Issac a few years ago where they played on the slipway by the pub, before they got there big break; magic times. Good to see them still going after recent tragedy. 

BOY or GIRL, take your pick :)

Just because I've been listening to Patricia Barber lately. Kids make good Company don't they. There's a superb sounding bluray (24/192) of the album Modern Cool that's available around and about.  At some point I think I'll have to own up and say it's Jazz that does it, along with other things of course!

Got caught with the vid  that follows on utbe, a rendition of Bill Withers Use me, great Bass Solo to kick it off.

Edited by whisty

ROBERTSON

I did think about going straight to The Jam but I'll leave that for someone else.

(Connection explained for those who can't remember the non-PC days.  I think as a kid I even collected the tokens for the badges)

4280247567_1da50b54e1_m.jpg

l_prewar_golfer.jpg

Edited by grumpyhack

I loved those Golly pins :)

Robertsons hard to link, so as Ulrich live is rare on vid, another lovely time lapse vid accompanied by Mr Schnauss.  Movement. As an aside, for me, Samsara & Baraka are the masters of all time lapse movies, there are some true masterpieces in those movies. There's also a great doc on the melting of glaciers where a dedicated team spent years positioning & maintaining cameras at remote locations. Scary stuff on more than one level!

A stunning sequence from Samsara

Edited by whisty

One of my favourites, posted a few songs before, another one here. Went to a concert recently, the band have changed quite a bit and musically she seems to be maturing nicely. Got speaking to a German fella at the gig who stumbled on her in the exact same way as me, by hearing her voice on an Eric Truffaz track and having to find out who it was, that was real nice. From comments I heard at the gig, she's a big thing on some  parts of the continent, on that basis it was nice to see her and band in a small venue. Breaking

More recent full set from the Montreux Jazz Festival 2015. I'm sure there's a tune in ths set to suit almost everybody assuming the voice suits you. Maybe she'll make it to Glastonbury, one can live in hope.

Edited by whisty

Hopefully this will keep Whisty happy.

There's a magazine called TAKE a Break.  And this is a bit of classic jazz.

Hopefully if Whisty keeps plugging away we might also see Ms Hunger at Glasto.  She'd go well in the Acoustic.

Couple of classics, Take 5 must be a song to last forever surely. I do not have 1 Clarence song, good that them Northern fellas are still bringing unheard soul to the ears of the uninitiated :)

Can't find Georgie Fame version live so have to make do with the King. Funny.  

GIRLS

Now 62 and still having fun.

Thanks for that Whisty. Good news that Show of Hands are a TBC. Nothing on their website but a Glastonbury-sized gap in their festival schedule. If you get Steve, Phil and Miranda it will be a great show and one to definitely catch.

DAYS

Days of Future Passed was a Moody's classic.  Apologies that this is a full concert vid - but you're not obliged to watch it all (or at all).

Beautiful Days is a festival I've always fancied but it's another one that is a 'no caravans' fest so it's out for me.

HOUSE

Another take on the Animals classic and a great singalong.

(Sorry that I've posted this vid before but if any of you haven't been at an Otway show where he's performed this you've missed some real fun).

Hello again chaps.

Moving house etc, and just back in internet land again.

Still no chance of fibre optic either :(

Seems ages since i last posted, probably only a few weeks though, things move quick.

Not sure if the tickets will be sent to you oneeye, or my postcode as was, so i'll probably need to contact the ticket people with my new postcode.

Our.

And comletely random, yet essential viewing for anyone visiting these parts.

13 hours ago, brandycoke said:

Not sure if the tickets will be sent to you oneeye, or my postcode as was, so i'll probably need to contact the ticket people with my new postcode.

I think all you need to do is logon to your see tickets Glastonbury registration account and change postal details, including postcode.

You will get an email reminder, like the rest of us, for balance payment and your tickets will get dispatched to your new address (and that of the rest of your clan) :)

Glad to see you back in the game, house moved can be stressful.