Word Association Game

The original TV chefs were probably the Craddocks.  Monocled Johnny and his super posh wife FANNY.

My sport is boules (the French game a bit like bowls but played on sand/gravel with steel balls).  In a tournament in France if you are beaten 13-0 you are said to be Fannied and you are passed the Fanny Medal that you have to wear until you manage to fanny someone else.  At the end of the tournament when everyone repairs to the clubhouse for a drink there is usually a poster on the wall where, to great cheering, the person wearing the medal has to go up and kiss the fanny.

mCx1xoq3CUs0invhE_AF_xQ.jpg

Boules%20at%20the%20Lamb.jpg

Thinking cricket I was tempted to go for It's Over but I'll settle for Booker T. They're still touring and I saw them on a great double bill with The Animals a couple of years ago.

So your link word is LIMBO

I'll have to use the Man part of Numan. I'm a stones throw from Dagenham or Daggers or Nam as it's sometimes known. Worked in Fords Dagenham for a bit, got a great education from the diversity of culture contained within there. From the OST of the movie Made in Dagenham, a nice movie. 

World

Thoughts about Roxanne from the album The Turning Point. JM I guess had a hand in sewing the seeds of FM.

When I finally got round to exploring John Mayall, this track stuck way out there. Not  a happy song, pure blues I'd say,  a nice little trip followed exploring JB Lenoir. 

Edited by whisty

John Mayall is rightly called The Father of British Blues as much for the musicians he has helped on their careers as anything else.  Apart from Peter Green and what became Fleetwood Mac, you can add Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce,  Mick Taylor, Aynsley Dunbar, Hughie Flint, Jon Hiseman, Dick Heckstall-Smith, Walter Trout and Buddy Whittington.

Many of those in turn have mentored the next generation - for example Walter Trout encouraging Danny Bryant.

If you really want to try a good Mayall album try Blues from Laurel Canyon.

This is a rather scratchy version of First Time Alone with You from that album.  Beautifully slow and delicate with Peter Green guitar.

And only two years ago with John aged 80

So for a link word let's go with John being a FATHER to the blues.

Edited by grumpyhack

Think you're right oneeye, doesn't 'look like Elkie has ever done Glastonbury,.. so nailed on for the acoustic this year :)

Ford plant in Dagenham,.. or Nam..:lol: ,was quite a place back in the day Whisty.

Maybe the longest song title ever.

"There's No Lights On The Christmas Tree, Mother They're Burning Big Louie Tonight".