Word Association Game

Good luck Carlos.

That Lionel one gave me goosebumps seeing such a happy crowd & memories. Another one I listened to from tent and sound wasn't great. Trying to get somewhere when it finished was a test for sure :)

Look, can't find a live Doris Troy version, have to make do with LR singing this classic. 

And because I like Mr Schnauss and this vid is so nice if you've 4 mins or so to waste.

If you want a lively animal look no further than a RABBIT

In memory of Paul Kantner, who is sadly no more.  Touring right up to last year.

I find sometimes it's good to remember people at the height of their career so this is Paul with Grace at Woodstock.

I saw Paul a couple of years ago with Jefferson Starship and he chain smoked through the whole set, holding his cigarette with the little finger of his right hand even during lead breaks.

Perhaps more amazing is that Grace Slick wrote this song when she was only 15.  Quite a life she must have been having.

What sort of projects will you be managing Carlos with your APMP?

I sort of hung up my boots for six months but have been dragged back into training and am running a Communications Skills for Managers course at a big cake factory in Cardiff at the moment plus a Creative Writing course for a community project in the South Wales Valleys.  But soon it will be back to a sensible life of holidays and festivals.

Edited by grumpyhack

ROSE. Another rabbit, and Caitlin wrote this when she was 16. For some reason, I now have the image of you as a miner with a hairnet on... The course has been good and taught me some stuff, work won't really change at all because of it, but it's all moving in the right direction. I'm in IT currently, work wise. (The trainer wants to go to Glastonbury next year too, now).

TIM Rose

Another Grumpy Gonner and, depending on which account you choose to believe, either a bullshitter who tried to nick royalties from other people's songs, or as I prefer to think, one of the key link figures in pop music,

He originally performed with Mama Cass as part of the Big Three and introduced her to what became the Mamas and Papas.  He also was part of the conduit to Hey Joe becoming the first hit for Jimi Hendrix.

My memory is sitting drinking with him after a very intimate gig in Cardiff which was so full of emotion that half the audience was in tears with the power of his performance.  It was one of his last ever gigs and three weeks later he'd gone.

THANK

Just noticed the crowd in this vid is smaller than that for Shirl. Those who weren't there missed a great set. I even bought the Choral Kinks CD on the strength of it.

Edited by grumpyhack

This is Bat POEM by the Liverpool Scene, a band formed by Liverpool Poet Adrian Henry.  The band also included Paul McCartney's brother who used the name Mike McGear, so as not to seem to cash in on his bruv.

I remember seeing then at the Bath Blues Fest in 1969

2 hours ago, carlosj said:

Poems in NAKED wonder - from Bob's Chimes of Freedom.  However, whisty, for you, I've added this version from the Byrds, even though the link is squiffy.

https://youtu.be/F2nKFmXlY38

Cheers Carlos but it's still got that twang thang. I'm not sure I like music anyway :)

If Carlos can get away with a non moving image, well I have to post this one because there's no live one & it's a cracker. Stripped.

Thanks Carlos and Whisty.  A quick blast from the past with The STREAK.

All the rage in the 80s.

Roger McGuinn from The Byrds is still touring.  I saw him do a great slot at Glastonbury a couple of years ago when he explained how The Byrds sound had come about and the origins of their first hit Mr Tambourine Man.

He's told the story many times but it's still a fascinating account.

Edited by grumpyhack

Well if you're streaking the thing you don't want is to be brought Down. 1st official big name announcement, wasn't fussed but started looking at the songs, so so many from my youth, might even partake as part of the crowd :)  Erika caused quite a fuss bobbing up and down as I remember it :wink:

Can't resist sorry

Edited by whisty

If you're down, you may be FALLING, produced by Jeff, too, I believe.

Ah, whisty, I don't mind that twang thang, but I'm glad we're all different, as I'd never get to hear these different singers and groups.

If you keep falling you'll reach the END of the Line.

Jeff and Tom in this along with Bob and George and a lovely nod with the empty chair to Roy.

I'd love a bit of Wilburyness to be included in between the ELO stuff.