Word Association Game

https://youtu.be/CKBRc8zNQ30

Cripes, the link won't work!

OK, what about if a mad scientist REANIMATED you? It's the Zombies. The concept freaks me out, which is probably why MrsCJ is making my birthday this month into a zombie party ha ha.

BREATHE

You still get to know the interesting people in 'Smoker's Corner' - the place us nicotine addicts still inhabit thanks to the smoke police.

This is Albert Hammond, who wrote the original song that became a big Hollies hit in the UK.  Still going strong and touring Europe with a Glastonbury hole in his gig dates.  Could make a good legends slot.

And back in 73

These chaps can't breathe the air up there next to Tim Peake in space. ALIEN.

I'm getting my Hammonds mixed up, John and Albert. The album I bought is by John, and it was his dad, also John, who got Bob Dylan started on recording, not Albert as I thought.

Grumpy, your avatar is blank on my phone, apparently it can be fixed if you re upload it

The best known alien was ET who wanted to phone home so probably needed a TELEPHONE Man.

I'd forgotten this Meri Wilson novelty song until your prompt Carlosj.

Now to try to fix my avatar

The LINEMAN will come and fix the phone, singing 'hey lally lally, hey lally lally, hey lally lally, shaky bum shaky bum'. It's embarrassing to admit I didn't have to Google those lyrics from your song grump. Your avatar's back, too.

Lineman leads me to NOSE.  

Twisting the words a bit we get the original Sandy Denny recording of "Who Knows Where the Time Goes?" with The Strawbs in 1967, two years before she recorded it with Fairport Convention.;

Sadly no performance video but Sandy's beautifully pure voice.

Carlosj you and I must be of an age where we recall so many tunes in common.  My vintage shows in that I started festivalling in 1968 with the Bath Blues Fest followed by Shepton Mallett, the two of which inspired Glastonbury.

If you have nothing else by Sandy in your collection it's worth hunting out Fairport's "What We Did On Our Holidays"

Edited by grumpyhack

Nose, via Roman (Jugg), to LATIN.

Mr h, at the end of this month, I'll be a more haggard 48 year old, so I'm catching you up (age that is, not that you're haggard!). We've talked about those family history books of bands before, and I also enjoy working backwards on music, although my contemporary music interest is fed by this forum, clubs in Leeds and the weekend papers. I came to live music late and am trying to make up for it.

ROMAN

A bit of comedy for a change.

I remember learning Latin at school.  I got 8% in my mock 'O' Level so they didn't even bother to enter me for the exam.  As Eddie Izzard says it's a silly language.

You're doing a great job of musical catch up Carlosj but I have to admit I've got 18 years on you.  I might be old but at least I got to see all the good bands first time round.

Fork Handles has to be one of the great sketches of all time.  Ronnie Barker had a great feel for the craziness of the English language.

Was going to go back to music with Candle in the WIND but if I was giving any youngster (and I don't count you as that Carlosj) a tutorial on popular music it would have to feature Hendrix - after which electric guitar was never the same.

I can't keep up with all the highbrow stuff from you oldies, bit of modern ish pop from another band I forgot to see at the festival.

They have an album, Lightbulb about the best live vid I could find.

One for fun on a Sunday.

Edited by whisty