WWE

lharris92

Went to my first Rev Pro show on Friday night.

It was in Portsmouth which I was there for Victorious Festival

£13.20.

Aimed at Families. It reminded me of one of these shows from when I was a kid that pretended it was WWF.

They were selling WWE figures on the merch, and all other WWE merch. had a couple of REV PRO t shirts which looked so cheap and nasty it was unreal, they also had AJ Styles t shirts which were £30!!! and they looked CRAP.

First off, what do they use as ropes? they were the loosest ropes ive ever seen it was insane, if some jumped on the ropes they went all the way down to the third rope, seemed so dangerous!

So. 5 matches.

A tag match with their talent, one of which was Johnny Storm who is still knocking around. Was pure pantomime. AWFUL match.

I honestly forget who was second match on.

Third match was Morgan Flash Webster v PJ Black.

Webster i've seen lots of times and he's a great talent, they had him play the heel, why he didn't have his scooter helmet and use it as a cheap shot as usual I don't know. 

Black they had come out as Justin Gabriel and were selling his WWE figures, they had an old Smackdown Titan Tron video playing of him as well. 

Match was decent, if nothing amazing.

Then we had a massive break of 30 mins where you could go in the ring for £10 and 'meet' PJ Black they took a photo and it was uploaded on their facebook, no actual photo, and no-one could use their phones. 

I say 'meet' you were allowed to walk in stand beside him and leave immediately after the photo was taken, you might be able to say hello, it was Nazi like. 

After the break was The Wolves v The revolutionists. Pretty good match, Wolves never have a bad match. I don't think they enjoyed working on those ropes though! This was probably match of the night, crowd was really into it.

Main Event was AJ Styles v Mark Haskins. 

This is why I bought my ticket, Ive seen Haskins live loads of times, he is IMO THE best heel on the UK indie scene, not that you would know it here. He wasn't allowed to play the heel whatsoever, he was more like a face, two faces against each other, Haskins barely got any offence in, there were lots and lots of rest holds, it put the crowd to sleep. Seriously during the middle of the match I hardly heard a thing for 10 minutes. 

Flush of moves at the end and one Styles clash later and it was over.

Styles took the mic thanked everyone for coming and said support Indie don't go to WWE shows to see good wrestling you can come to shows like these.

Haskins sat on the mat the entire time, got up shook AJ's hand then sat on the mat some more and slinked off to the back. 

I don't think I'll go to another Rev Pro show. The set up was poor, the matches were poor, for the kids im sure its fine, but after going to FCP shows this couldn't get ANYWHERE near the quality, I sat there wishing I wish this Haskins v AJ match was on a FCP card cus it would be far superior, its just a shame Haskins has fell out with FCP and doesn't perform there anymore. 

Couple of Months ago I finally got to go to a This is Progress show and they didn't disappoint one bit. 

Shame I couldn't say the same about Rev Pro. 

I went to the progress shows at download only two of them though and thought it was great too! Seeing Mikey Whiplash, Noam Dar and Kenny Williams outside ICW was great with the best match coming from Noam Dad vs Kenny Williams. Jimmy Havocs matches were great too.

The big Rev Pro shows are terrific and well worth going to see. Usually some ROH and NJPW names in there. Nakamura vs. Damo later in the year, with guys like Nakamura, Okada and Liger making the trip over. The smaller shows... well, you seen that for yourself. Standout matches and then the undercard can be hit and miss. The bigger shows tend to be absolutely stacked though, and with a better crowd.

So Angle has confirmed he's leaving TNA at the end of the year.

Says he is taking a year off to think about his next step and isn't not signing with TNA to go sign with WWE.

Bullshit, ur jumping off the sinking ship Kurt and nobody can blame you, you have done so much for that company, but the past couple of years you've taken the money and not wrestled much.

Angle in TNA has become stale though. I think the time is right to heal up and go do Wrestle Mania. I'd LOVE to see Angle v Taker at Mania next year, I don't think an Angle v Lesnar match would live up to their previous classics so they can go at it at Summerslam or whatever.

Angle says he is wrestling at Bound For Glory next month for TNA, I wonder who he will face? 

EC3 is facing Drew Galloway.

Maybe Roode for the KOTM title. But if I had my way, Id get Jarrett in to face Angle, their matches in TNA were outstanding.

Angle vs Bryan if he does sign. WWE didn't want him last time so maybe stil not interested.

Seeing The Dudleys return has got me thinking about The Hardy's eventually returning. Jeff Hardy was always very popular and moved a lot of merch in his last run, they have both managed to get clean after a rough couple of years. Oh and they are both still top level performers.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

I have never seen TNA, so dont know how he has changed during that time. I am currently working through old PPVs and he has just won his first world title, I personally loved that dorky character. Kurt Angle was very good, but Im not particuarly deperate to see him back.

Wow, thats a shame that you have never watched TNA, among the crap, there has been some incredible stuff during its history.

I'd also argue that Angle has had his best matches in TNA, the matches with Joe and Jarrett both being excellent. I also loved the Main Event Mafia angle they did. Past couple years though he's just existed. Although everyone has, they don't build a good fued anymore in TNA. Its a shame basically Hogan and Bischoff came in, changed its identity, at first it was fine but they got rid of all their stars and have never really gotten back on track.

Now Daniels, Kaz, AJ, Joe, Low Ki, Morgan, Storm, Team 3D, Sting, MCMG, even Magnus have all gone. 

They really only have EY, Abyss and Roode left. EC3 they've built up, Bram they were trying to but he has personal issues, the Hardys are there, they now have Drew which they seem to be high on and Spud it seems will win the World Title in Jan next year on the tour. 

Their roster has gone from being one of the best and having much better workers than WWE to a piece of crap.

Roode is the best all round wrestler they have and he's being wasted. EY however is doing his best stuff since World Elite angle.

They could turn this around, but in the way that WWE lost all its talent in 94-96 its this period in TNA, WWE nearly went under in that period, I can see TNA going. It seems they just have no wrestling brain at the top. 

I also see Dixie has confirmed they only have a US TV deal until the end of the year and they are in talks about 2016.

Fuck my life, she is so bad in regards to US TV, alllllllll that hoopla about signing with Discovery and it was only a yr long deal???

She says TNA will continue to exist [even if they lose a US TV slot] as they are shown in 120 countries around the world [so that will keep them going] 

They should do what JB suggested long ago. Move to UK for more tapings, would create a better atmosphere, bigger crowds, I don't see how their US shows get worse each time? Theres absolutely NO atmosphere at all on their TV anymore.