• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

I still think that if the organisers wanted SOAD to headline, they would have gone for them last year because of the reunion. But Download we're always going to be favourites to have them. I'd love to see them headline Reading and Leeds, but like people have been saying. they're just not that popular anymore, yet I don't think they would choose to sub at R&L when they could headline Soni or DL.

I don't see Pearl Jam headlining, they're got no big name songs that will mean the kiddies will have heard of them, The Cure and Pulp both have big hits that are relevant to today's indie scene which is what R&L is aimed at. The reaction on the R&L facebook page would be along the lines of "hu da fuk r pearl jam?" etc. That being said, I'd love Melvin to prove me wrong and book them, I suppose if PJ were are possibility then this lineup wouldn't be too implausible;

Pearl Jam

Bloc Party

Biffy Clyro

Dizzee Rascal

Bon Iver

Belle & Sebastian

I threw Belle & Sebastian in there as a little piece of bait to swing it from a lineup that would make me buy a ticket for the PJ day to a lineup that would make me buy a weekend ticket, you're all going to tell me they wont be booked, but stranger things have happened... occasionally.

I don't see Pearl Jam headlining, they're got no big name songs that will mean the kiddies will have heard of them, The Cure and Pulp both have big hits that are relevant to today's indie scene which is what R&L is aimed at. The reaction on the R&L facebook page would be along the lines of "hu da fuk r pearl jam?" etc. That being said, I'd love Melvin to prove me wrong and book them, I suppose if PJ were are possibility then this lineup wouldn't be too implausible;

Pearl Jam

Bloc Party

Biffy Clyro

Dizzee Rascal

Bon Iver

Belle & Sebastian

I threw Belle & Sebastian in there as a little piece of bait to swing it from a lineup that would make me buy a ticket for the PJ day to a lineup that would make me buy a weekend ticket, you're all going to tell me they wont be booked, but stranger things have happened... occasionally.

Bon Iver

Belle & Sebastian

actually they haven't sold out any arenas yet for their tour. maybe if you did some research before typing stuff like that then it wouldn't make you seem silly. (can still get tickets for all of the dates online via their site ;) )

also they'd surely be more suited to V, because damn their music is garbage