2013 Lineup

Guest Dukeeyyy

I was listening to a bit of Black Flag earlier and thinking about how great it would be if they reunited. Then I randomly wondered where they'd play at Reading and Leeds if they were to.

Obviously not gonna happen. :lol: But if they did, surely they'd have to sub?

Edited by Vacant0

• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

Right. (like to point out i guessed the headliners right, it wasn't as soon as this, but kesabian and Foos were a given.) Anyway these are the bands who i think will headline

Friday

Mumford & Sons. Defiantly big enough to headline in-terms of album sales. NME lick their bum, they're massive in terms of popularity, as much as some of you hear would hate to admit it their a ticket drawer and giving them their first headliner slot would be a big crowd pull. Many bands have headlined of 2 albums: I.e Franz Ferdinand 2006 and the strokes of just 1...

The Killers Festival favorites, with a new album on the way it seems insane they won't be playing a festi, unless Evis has grabbed them reading would be the next obvious choice

Blur/Green Day/Metallica. Blur just because Neil heard something through the grape vine about them headlining this year makes me think they've been asked to play next year

Green day: with the success of the show this year, new album(s) etc makes me feel they'll play, unless download grab them (which if they're playing in June make mores sense)

Metallica: Yes i'm going on the '5 year rule' with a possible new album release Metallica could be a shout, i'm not so confident just as it does seem the festival has gotten slightly less heavy since '2008' but this is not a proven fact

Nme.

Jack White, Seems to play the festival a lot, with a lot of hype around him & album success would make a good nme headliner. he also plays white stripes stuff. ( the time, did you SEE how mental everyone went when 7 nation army came on at werchter)

Knife party- something tells me this band will get huge with all the hype around them

Frank Turner. With the 'pre-ceremony' slot at the Olympics, successful wembly show and increasing media attention Frank Could Be put forward as a NME headliner.

Supporting Headliners: Queens of the stone age, I want them to be headliners so badly. but i just think unless this album is AMAZING they won't be,

Bloc party: has their return pushed them up into the 'headliner' catagory'?

Biffy Clyro: Biffy Clyro could headline, i'm just suggesting they'll sub

tbh, i think your dead right on that T line up.

Do you not think though that Greenday could play both R/L and the emerates, thus they'd just be a UK festival exculsive? don't get me wrong i'm playing the devil advocate here, i can't think of a band in recent history that has played stadium shows then gone on to headline reading

(personally i don't want green day at reading till they've gotten bored of 'uno,dos,tres' because i have a strong belief its going to be sh*t)

I reckon there'll be a curveball headliner in there that no one is expecting. To be honest there'll have to be if they're going to get my ticket money.

How many times have we seen Bloc Party/Biffy/Metallica/The Killers blah blah blah blah do the festival rounds?

I know there isn't much choice but Reading does always seem to manage at least one big surprise. Maybe a big classic rock headliner like AC/DC or Aerosmith? Or some Indie Dinosaurs like The Who? Or Pearl Jam or Eminem alongside a more recent established headliner and then maybe a new one? Just something a big different would be nice!

Edited by Justiceforcedave