2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't see it m8.

I see it as this. Every angle is covered and naturally those nme headers on Kas and Foo's day even the crowd out. AC said Reading will have a great lineup this year and he won't be too bothered I doubt about R&L getting a couple of his top bands (excluding headers), but he needs to keep them from Soni, as they're undercard and ours are vastly different

The Cure

Chase and Status

Justice

Kasabian

The Maccabees

Foo Fighters

TDCC

when was the last time they headlined a festival in the UK?

It is also irrelevant to compare foreign festivals. Black Keys are headlining Coachella, but they couldn't be that high for a major UK festival.

The Cure aren't as big as some people try to make out.

-Bestival, last year.

-The Cure are headlining festivals all across europe, with headliners that Reading have had in the past. We are part of europe, so they are comparable. America is a little bit different, Arctic Monkeys supported The Black keys who are huge in america, shame they aren't bigger over here.

-The Cure are a headline act, end of discussion.

-Bestival, last year.

-The Cure are headlining festivals all across europe, with headliners that Reading have had in the past. We are part of europe, so they are comparable. America is a little bit different, Arctic Monkeys supported The Black keys who are huge in america, shame they aren't bigger over here.

A headline act is only a headline act for a sized audience it can draw, and where the promoter thinks they're a worthwhile act to have as headliner.

For example: James are a headline act - but a headline act for a festival of Wychwood's sort of size (where James are headlining this summer) and not of R/L's size.

And there was no 'headline act, end of discussion' but a short discussion ending in 'not headline act' when The Cure suggested they headline Glastonbury again a few-ish years ago. The impression I got from the public comments was that ignoring the lack of draw of The Cure nowadays and only going on them not being the best headline act in the world anyway when they've done it previously. Having seen those, I agree wholeheartedly.

I love the cure on record, but I wouldn't bother to see them again. No spark.

-Bestival, last year.

Edited by rug568

I don't think The Cure are that unknown to R+L's demographic. I'm 16 and finishing school this year, and everyone I'm going with (myself included) are very excited to see The Cure (if they do headline), a lot more so than Kasabian! Generally the school leavers that go to festivals have quite informed music knowledge, so I don't think the reaction would be as bad as a lot of people are making out. :)

I don't think The Cure are that unknown to R+L's demographic. I'm 16 and finishing school this year, and everyone I'm going with (myself included) are very excited to see The Cure (if they do headline), a lot more so than Kasabian! Generally the school leavers that go to festivals have quite informed music knowledge, so I don't think the reaction would be as bad as a lot of people are making out. :)

one thing I will say though, indeed they are yet to be 100% confirmed but should Kasabian play, fairplay to strictly as they've had them as 75% sure for a long long time now, and must have been adamant about it and not changed.

they do also have rammstein and green day yes, rammstein of which i can't see