Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

Cloudy from 4-9:30am, so we can sleep.

Then nice and sunny.

Scorchers on Thursday, Friday and Sunday. But a bit cloudy (yet warm) on Saturday.

This would be perfect please, weather gods...

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just been looking at some videos of 2005 and 2007, anyone who says it might be nice to have a bit of rain should take a look. :ph34r:

I know it sounds lame but if that sort of rain happened again I would probably go home! :)

I joined in with the Weather Thread for my first Glasto this year and firmly believe the staunch NRNC campaign influenced the beautiful weather than followed.

So for this reason, I again pledge N.F.R.N.F.C for 2011. Its no good pleading for the odd 'patch of cloud' or a 'drop of rain', for the Weather Gods will see this as a sign of weakness and will smite us with downpours.

Stay firm. Rain is for sadists and ducks.

I joined in with the Weather Thread for my first Glasto this year and firmly believe the staunch NRNC campaign influenced the beautiful weather than followed.

So for this reason, I again pledge N.F.R.N.F.C for 2011. Its no good pleading for the odd 'patch of cloud' or a 'drop of rain', for the Weather Gods will see this as a sign of weakness and will smite us with downpours.

Stay firm. Rain is for sadists and ducks.

I'll be honest... last year i lathered myself in suncream after the first day. (Last year is 2010!) When i got sunburnt to buggery, I tanned so amazingly well that i kept my tan up until the start of October, now it appears that sounds like i am dirty, but i just got slaughtered in the sun for 10 hours a day! it was great! lost so much weight, but remained fresh as a daisy!

I'd take it exactly the same, but can i request a realllly big tree placed above the other stage, so we can have a teeny bit of shade :)

I'll be honest... last year i lathered myself in suncream after the first day. (Last year is 2010!) When i got sunburnt to buggery, I tanned so amazingly well that i kept my tan up until the start of October, now it appears that sounds like i am dirty, but i just got slaughtered in the sun for 10 hours a day! it was great! lost so much weight, but remained fresh as a daisy!

I'd take it exactly the same, but can i request a realllly big tree placed above the other stage, so we can have a teeny bit of shade :)

Actually - I can deal with the mud - I hate that it spoils how everything looks, but I've got used to working with it now, you just need to accept that you're going to be muddy, and it doesn't bother me too much.

It's the relentless persistent driving rain that pisses me right off - you know that special Glastonbury rain which comes down so hard you can't even look up - I bloody hate that! :(

Sun please!

This time last year on a weather thread I cheerfully predicted that there would be No Rain in 2010. But I didn't expect to end up with the opposite extreme. Having done Glastonbury in the worst floods and the biggest scorcher what I would like is a bit of certainty / consistency throughout the week. It's a drag if you have to take full sets of wet weather gear and full sets of hot sunny gear. It would be nice to be fairly sure it's going to be warm and dry for the whole week or even wet. Worst of all is changeable.

*facepalm*

Clearly, huge swathes of you aren't getting this.

Compromise positions are an outward sign of weakness. The weather pixies force their dirty little wedges into these cracks in our resolve and allow the cl**ds/r**n/m*d (edited for decency) into our paradise. So they can point at us all and laugh like the little cnuts they are.

Don't tempt fate, she is evil and will kick you in the nuts without hesitation.

Here endeth the sermon, now can all the non-believers please f**k off out of the thread and leave the devout to our worship of Ra the Sun God. Thanks muchly.

NFRNFC:2011. (sun coloured for added heat).