'Blur:No Distance Left to Run' on tv

Guest LawskiHoopza

Perfect Sunday night in watching this. Spine tingles every time I hear that performance of Tender
Edited by MikeyB37

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the f**k did I see The Prodigy instead of them? I don't even like The Prodigy that much, certainly not as much as Blur yet I chose to see them. If only I'd known how fantastic the Blur set would be I wouldn't have got as drunk and felt like I needed to see a "dancey" act...

The film was fantastic though.

Edited by Zacko

I'm just watching Blur's Glastonbury performance now. Was by far my best Glasto experience EVER.

Anyway there was just a close up shot of Dave Rowntree and then suddenly the flippin I heart sausage flag ends up taking up the whole shot.

ARGHHHH!

Uhoh, wheres the tissues haha

am i the only one singing out loud now?

Edited by MikeyB37

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Oh no, Human Traffic on now too, lost count of how many times i've seen it but its just gotta be done. Late to work for me in the morning then :P

Was listening to the live BLur album form the Times earlier oblivious to this.

Didn't have tingles until he shouted GLASTONBURY and the band cam back in.

Alex James said "Something changed forever during Tender" I think something changed for everyone in that field. It did for me.

I think something changed for everyone in that field. It did for me.

i was tipsily raving about this on another forum earlier. it's the closest to a weird collective consciousness experience as i think i'll ever have. it was actually tangible. i was a blur fan back in the day, not a big one, but i had seen them before. i'd actually been pretty cynical about the reunion, but i have never been so emotional during a gig ever. that one will stay with me.

i've had me some big moments to myself at glasto, to the extent of losing the power of speech, but ive never sensed that the entire crowd felt the same way before.

Anyone that saw Prodigy over Blur that night made the biggest mistake in the history of festivals. No matter how much they pretend otherwise, they know, and will always know, that they made an absolutely shocking decision. They missed out on one of the great nights in music to listen to a load of men shouting a lot.

Unlucky eh

Anyone that saw Prodigy over Blur that night made the biggest mistake in the history of festivals. No matter how much they pretend otherwise, they know, and will always know, that they made an absolutely shocking decision. They missed out on one of the great nights in music to listen to a load of men shouting a lot.

Unlucky eh

Unlucky eh

Man, I recorded it on Sky+ but only the glasto one. Can't wait to get home today - the number of times I've tried to youtube Tender! Can't wait to watch the entire thing properly, the BBC coverage I saw after missed out so much!! No crying or [i don't think] that much of us singing.

Still get tingles. Can literally still feel the breeze on my arms xP And that moment of realisation of what was going on, all the mess of noise just becoming a song and when the tears spilled over [hayfever was terrible that year right?]. Ooooh can it even get better? I think what got me most was that in the quiet moments you could hear Prodigy [at least from the back of P field!!] and thinking 'you FOOLS.'