'Blur:No Distance Left to Run' on tv

Guest LawskiHoopza

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm never going to let this one go until I get every last one of the Prodigy goers to admit they had a howler of siesmic proportions.

You hear me, never!

There's terrific sport to be had to watch them squirm and say things like "but...but...but the bass was everso low!" and "but...but...but...firestarter was extra shouty!"

Me and my dad walked away from the prodigy because it was so terrible.

We then went to John Peel to watch Echo and the Bunnymen.

We walked past the pyramid stage whilst 70,000 people were singing along to "Tender"

I pretended not to be dissapointed.

A few thoughts.

Have always been a massive fan of the Prodigy so watched them last year at Glastonbury. I got within about 20 yards of the front barrier and the noise was loud enough for me (Which I think was a main point of the complaints at the time) - During Diesel Power it was ringing through my head!

Enjoyed it enough and I've seen Blur twice before so not too bothered.

Watched that docu last night too. Thought Albarn came across as a bit of a twat really as did Coxon, but I guess that's what fame does to you. Suprised to learn he and Justine Frichamann dabbled with heroin, but yet they booted Coxon out for drinking too much?!

To be honest I kinda forgot how much of a big band they were and how quickly it happened. Interesting insight all the same.

Just watched last night's Glasto set (got the DVD so skipped the doc this time) with a large glass of vino and it took me right back there. The opening bars of tender, end of a century and the universal all gave me shivers and yes brought a tear to my eye. Shame they didn't show the whole set, (To the End was a complete blub-fest for me and my mate) but still a great reminder of the best gig I've ever been to.

Going to bed with a nice Glasto glow (nothing to do with the wine I promise :P )

Edited by LadyP

A few thoughts.

Have always been a massive fan of the Prodigy so watched them last year at Glastonbury. I got within about 20 yards of the front barrier and the noise was loud enough for me (Which I think was a main point of the complaints at the time) - During Diesel Power it was ringing through my head!

Enjoyed it enough and I've seen Blur twice before so not too bothered.

Watched that docu last night too. Thought Albarn came across as a bit of a twat really as did Coxon, but I guess that's what fame does to you. Suprised to learn he and Justine Frichamann dabbled with heroin, but yet they booted Coxon out for drinking too much?!

To be honest I kinda forgot how much of a big band they were and how quickly it happened. Interesting insight all the same.

Blur was my favourite band when I was a teenager but as I'd seen them twice back then and hadn't seen Prodigy before, I decided to watch them instead (even though I secretly wanted to see Blur!)

Fortunately, we watched Nick Cave and as the crowd started to arrive for Blur, we realised getting out of the Pyramid stage area was going to be a bit too much work and we were basically right at the front of the outer section, so we wandered right up to the barrier.

I am so glad I changed my mind! I'd forgotten just how much I loved them and I just loved screaming out every single lyric. I couldn't believe that I remembered them all. I felt like a teenager again and it's one of my favourite G-memories.

I recorded No Distance Left To Run and the gig on after but I haven't watched them yet.

I hope this year has a moment like that!

Blur was my favourite band when I was a teenager but as I'd seen them twice back then and hadn't seen Prodigy before, I decided to watch them instead (even though I secretly wanted to see Blur!)

Fortunately, we watched Nick Cave and as the crowd started to arrive for Blur, we realised getting out of the Pyramid stage area was going to be a bit too much work and we were basically right at the front of the outer section, so we wandered right up to the barrier.

I am so glad I changed my mind! I'd forgotten just how much I loved them and I just loved screaming out every single lyric. I couldn't believe that I remembered them all. I felt like a teenager again and it's one of my favourite G-memories.

I recorded No Distance Left To Run and the gig on after but I haven't watched them yet.

I hope this year has a moment like that!

It is amusing me greatly to see all the Prodigy goers STILL trying to justify their horrific decision.

"but...but...but I've seen Blur before!"

"but....but.....but Prodigy was really loud!"

Please keep it coming! I nearly just laughed up a lung.

Just admit you missed one of the greatest Glastonbury sets of all time and we can put this whole sorry saga behind us.

You know that nagging, tight feeling all you prodigy goers have in your stomach? That feeling of slight nausea that wont go away? That's called regret. And do you know what? You will have to live with it for the rest of your lives.

You will never quite understand what we are talking about if you werent there. We can all talk about it for years (and I assure you we will be) and you will forever be on the outside, pressing your noses against the cold glass trying to get a look in.

Well I'm sorry, but this was a true moment of magic. Everything just fell into place. Such a very very very rare event and it was a true priviledge to experience it. Unforgettable.

And you missed it.

Still, I hope you all enjoyed Smacking your bitches up, or whatever it is you did during that stale prodigy set that was exactly the same as all their other gigs.

It is amusing me greatly to see all the Prodigy goers STILL trying to justify their horrific decision.

Just admit you missed one of the greatest Glastonbury sets of all time and we can put this whole sorry saga behind us.

You know that nagging, tight feeling all you prodigy goers have in your stomach? That feeling of slight nausea that wont go away? That's called regret. And do you know what? You will have to live with it for the rest of your lives.

You will never quite understand what we are talking about if you werent there. We can all talk about it for years (and I assure you we will be) and you will forever be on the outside, pressing your noses against the cold glass trying to get a look in.

Well I'm sorry, but this was a true moment of magic. Everything just fell into place. Such a very very very rare event and it was a true priviledge to experience it. Unforgettable.

And you missed it.

Still, I hope you all enjoyed Smacking your bitches up, or whatever it is you did during that stale prodigy set that was exactly the same as all their other gigs.

And you missed it.

And you missed it.

yeah alright, i'll play!!

its getting to the point now where you sound desperate for people to agree with you

'no....no...it really was magic.... they played tender.........and elvis appeared........and pixies surrounded us all'

'you wont know cos you wernt there, but i met father christmas that day too'

now, it may seem like that to you kids and newcomers to the band, but to those of us that saw them at the peak of their powers, it looks a good gig, and i'm glad you got the chance.

but, they couldnt even play anything 'new', its not like catching em at the T&C or Reading in 91, when it was vital and important. or mile end in 95, when they were the best band in the world

just a gig for those too dull witted enough to have missed em 1st time round, and now think that they did anything different to their entire career. just for the noobs. :P

of course it was, they will never play GF 09 again.

everything else is about 4 blokes playing a gig, which is never going to be 'unique'

i'll go with my bro's opinion over that of an 'internet' buddy, and man that claims to come from 'wayne coyles nostril'

cheers all the same

My fave gig of the Blur tour was Glasto (went to Wolves & HP too), and probably enjoyed it more this time 'round than back in the day - but maybe I'm just pining for my youth! Who knows!

All I will say, is that I'm really glad Graham & Damon patched things up and made my summer last year!