Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone remember the place in the acoustic fild that was a wooden building that served food and drink and preached to people. The common ground cafe I think. Did it move or not still at Glastonbury?

It's been there for the past two Glastonburys. They had a break for a couple of years before that as the guys that assemble it were busy with charity projects in eastern Europe.

5719244857_9c0148d3b1_o.jpg

edit: typo

Edited by jameshunt

Food! The best thing about this thread is the ideas for me, I am a bit of a nightmare with food, love reviews to choose food. And photos, am veggie so plenty to choose at Glastonbury, Yippie

As you go from Avalon in to the Green areas(i think it is) there is a vegetarian curry place,it's a green caravan if i remember rightly,anyway they do a chick pea or lentil curry with rice,plus it's only about £4.50.The same people do other festivals and have to charge £7.50.

Thats my favourite. Eat there everyday at least until they sell out.

The massive pasties are one of my favourites, I look forward to those and a growler for months before the festival.

Also regarding le grand boufe. I actually think £7 for a really tasty snag and spuds is good value considering you can pay the same money for a crappy sausage and chips elsewhere on the site.

As you go from Avalon in to the Green areas(i think it is) there is a vegetarian curry place,it's a green caravan if i remember rightly,anyway they do a chick pea or lentil curry with rice,plus it's only about £4.50.The same people do other festivals and have to charge £7.50.

thanks, will give that a go, got a lovely thai one a few times to the right of pyramid, and a lovely lentil curry in healing fields but that left me with a run to the loo at 3am!

thanks, will give that a go, got a lovely thai one a few times to the right of pyramid, and a lovely lentil curry in healing fields but that left me with a run to the loo at 3am!

Never have a curry at a festival. Its not I don't want to try it but know to many people who have had the curry run in the morning. With the cues in the morning. Not for me