Late ticket chance

BanjoJo

Howdy!

New here as a member but been lurking for about 15yrs

Been to glasto 6 times but missed tickets.  Me and partner gutted

Customer at work has offered me 2 legit worker type tickets and the oportunity of having my caravan in the middle of the festival in a really nice crew campsite. He wants £1800 for the package Were really tempted as itd be our holiday but were wondering if it was a fair price Was going to try to knock him down abit but don't want him to think im cheeky and with draw the offer

Is that too much do you think?

He also said that if we bring our caravan we'd have to arrive on the Monday or Tuesday which is nice

Ta everyone 

8 minutes ago, BanjoJo said:

Howdy!

New here as a member but been lurking for about 15yrs

Been to glasto 6 times but missed tickets.  Me and partner gutted

Customer at work has offered me 2 legit worker type tickets and the oportunity of having my caravan in the middle of the festival in a really nice crew campsite. He wants £1800 for the package Were really tempted as itd be our holiday but were wondering if it was a fair price Was going to try to knock him down abit but don't want him to think im cheeky and with draw the offer

He also said that if we bring our caravan we'd have to arrive on the Monday or Tuesday which is nice

Ta everyone 

If its genuine it seems a pretty fair price to me. £900 each to bring your caravan to the middle of site and get there Monday or Tuesday seems great! Just make sure it's all legit. A ticket and Lovefields equivalent of a caravan (for example) would be a lot more.

Edited by Chip Batch

Sounds a bit dodgy to me! 

Even if he's legit, it still sounds a bit dodgy. 

Worker type tickets shouldn't be sold on.

What about the work? 

15 minutes ago, BanjoJo said:

It's completely down to supply and demand.  If he's desperate to offload the ticket and there is one other person prepared to pay that price, then your best bet, if you would be happy to have it at that price, is to buy it pronto.

I know a couple of people who get in via that route each year, and only pay a punters' ticket price - approx £300.  But in this case the buyers and sellers are mates, so you can't really use that to decide the market price for this ticket. 

If I were you, I'd first decide what price I'd be happy to pay.  If it's £1800 or more, then I'd offer him £1000 and see what happens, but be ready to collapse and give him the full asking price if necessary.

My guess is that he'll be a trader, and you'll therefore be putting your caravan in a small compound somewhere in the markets area.  A great location, but could be a bit busy with people going to and fro, plus you'll need to factor in not being allowed to leave the site until 6pm on the Monday.

Edited by Mark E. Spliff
  • Upvote 1

Ta for your replies everybody 

I've talked to them and its not a scam deffo

Found out the place where I can put caravan Nice place there not a trader and they only work if that's the word for it for three hours a day when the festival is on! 

Did think of trying to knock them down on price but that could make them say dead no and I lose tickets chance

They said I've got u till tomorrow night to decide

Just got to decide if I can afford it   but it is a holiday for us

Decision time 

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

havent worker tickets now changed to a photo ID to stop the loophole that was being used by people to sneak in? id double check if i were you.

yep correct its going to be interesting to see how much that impacts numbers / overcrowding on site , think itll be significant 

5 minutes ago, BanjoJo said:

They said I've got u till tomorrow night to decide

pressure selling technique.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

havent worker tickets now changed to a photo ID to stop the loophole that was being used by people to sneak in? id double check if i were you.

Not sure mine will be. I have a photo but that is set up in the email I get sent when I have done the training. Says to bring it along when I pick up my wristbands and lanyard.

Depends where the original poster is going I guess and how that is set up. Not sure they will be on the tickets themselves. I guess workers can drop out for various reasons and they need to replace them. Unlike punters. 

They may have to do the training maybe

34 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

When did this happen? I know they added the QR's but they dont do anything. 

We still got span in last year using worker bands 

2 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

its a change for this year. due to ppl posting the loophole all over social media .

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

Ours have never been photo ID, no info to suggest that’s changed. It allows for last minute changes of crew if necessary, e.g. someone can’t make it and needs to be replaced

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yep correct its going to be interesting to see how much that impacts numbers / overcrowding on site , think itll be significant 

It’s really not going to make that much difference, if it happens . 

One thing I do know is there are significant reductions in some crew, but thankfully not ours.

37 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

No QR’s in previous years on our bands

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

It’s really not going to make that much difference, if it happens . 

One thing I do know is there are significant reductions in some crew, but thankfully not ours.

I dunno … I know of several people used this in the past … multiply that and I reckon it’s significant . Or they wouldn’t have bothered with the hassle 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I dunno … I know of several people used this in the past … multiply that and I reckon it’s significant . Or they wouldn’t have bothered with the hassle 

I don’t even know what this scam is. Surely you need: wristband, ticket and passout.

I do know another commonly scam that works, but ain’t saying.

27 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Is on the bands if you turn up early this year. Not the main ones but the allowed to be on a building site ones

is that the loop hole? - crew on site early was 'giving' their bands to mates/ other people to get in?

if so, thats been around forever

Edited by bob323

9 minutes ago, bob323 said:

is that the loop hole? - crew on site early was 'giving' their bands to mates/ other people to get in?

if so, thats been around forever

There’s an even easier one than that