Eurovision 2024

Nikky

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The Ukrainian army has also been killing and destroying lives, should they also be banned from all events?

oh god. Well I guess Ukraine are defending themselves against an invasion from an overwhelming more powerful country, whereas Israel are killing and destroying 1000s of lives because of a terrorist attack. So a few nuanced differences.

Just now, steviewevie said:

oh god. Well I guess Ukraine are defending themselves against an invasion from an overwhelming more powerful country, whereas Israel are killing and destroying 1000s of lives because of a terrorist attack. So a few nuanced differences.

Exactly. It's very nuanced. Ukraine was attacked by Russia. Israel was attacked by Hamas. Just because Ukraine is struggling to enact as good as a response as Israel, isn't really the performers fault.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Certainly not Dana, that’s for sure😊😉

I’ll be honest, I’ll take Bambie Thug over Dana any day! Much more interesting and beats the hell out of us sending a Turkey puppet! 😁

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Exactly. It's very nuanced. Ukraine was attacked by Russia. Israel was attacked by Hamas. Just because Ukraine is struggling to enact as good as a response as Israel, isn't really the performers fault.

Ukraine was invaded by Russia. Hamas are a terrorist group that carried out a terrorist attack on Israel, and which Israel has responded by basically destroying Gaza and killing shitloads of innocent civilians.  Subtle differences. 

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Ukraine was invaded by Russia. Hamas are a terrorist group that carried out a terrorist attack on Israel, and which Israel has responded by basically destroying Gaza and killing shitloads of innocent civilians.  Subtle differences. 

Sure, that's right. Any innocent lives killed in any war, dating back to centuries, is a horrible consideration. But perhaps if Hamas didn't use schools and hospitals as bases for their military operations this number would be a lot lower. Their use of human shields is well documented. Accordingly, if Hamas gave up the hostages, the ceasefire would be signed.

• Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Sure, that's right. Any innocent lives killed in any war, dating back to centuries, is a horrible consideration. But perhaps if Hamas didn't use schools and hospitals as bases for their military operations this number would be a lot lower. Their use of human shields is well documented. Accordingly, if Hamas gave up the hostages, the ceasefire would be signed.

Ok, so bomb them anyway and blame Hamas?