Silver Hayes Lineup 2024

Crazyfool01

46 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Levels will be rammed as most going to the Dove (Bicep) Dj set won't realise it is just DJing and not their live show.

That said if they don't know, then these same people won't know the bicep albums anyway and won't care or notice the difference as long as they get 'Glue' in the last 10mins so they can film it on their phones.

I have no idea what my point is.

I think your point is, you don't like fair-weather bicep fans very much 🤣

• Upvote 1

As expected, despite not really knowing too many on the poster, SH has over taken already as my favourite poster thus far.

Listened to Palms Trax's set from Dekmantel about 5 times this week already.

The slide into Rock the Space at about 24 mins in has me flying on my commute bike rides like a f**king falcon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

As expected, despite not really knowing too many on the poster, SH has over taken already as my favourite poster thus far.

Listened to Palms Trax's set from Dekmantel about 5 times this week already.

The slide into Rock the Space at about 24 mins in has me flying on my commute bike rides like a f**king falcon.

Based on his online sets, Palms Trax is arguably my favourite DJ. So many of his sets have absolute bangers that could not be more up my street and such a nice energy, genuinely fun music. Have never actually watched this set so there is the morning commute sorted!

Another of his sets from Dekmantel in 2018 is up there with my most watched ever - from about 11mins through to 35 or so is absolute gold. 

Although the only caveat is when I actually saw him before I didn't enjoy it that much, didn't play much of this style of music and felt a bit more generic but it happens. Will definitely be at him at Glasto. Any ideas or guesses what time he will be on at?

• Thanks 1

I have probably the most basic question going, and one I should know already, but how are line ups on late night (DJ heavy) stages organised?

Obviously for day time it's acts in ascending order of popularity all leading up to the headliner 

Is it that the biggest name/ headliner plays last (as per day stages) but that'll leave them with the smallest crowd going - as lots will be in bed? Or do they play at like 1/2am when there's a bigger crowd? Or is it a bit more random depending on the DJs own preference? I imagine not all of them want to be staying up to 5am if they can help it! 

Edited by kemosabe

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

I have probably the most basic question going, and one I should know already, but how are line ups on late night (DJ heavy) stages organised?

Obviously for day time it's acts in ascending order of popularity all leading up to the headliner 

Is it that the biggest name/ headliner plays last (as per day stages) but that'll leave them with the smallest crowd going - as lots will be in bed? Or do they play at like 1/2am when there's a bigger crowd? Or is it a bit more random depending on the DJs own preference? I imagine not all of them want to be staying up to 5am if they can help it! 

It's quite variable, but there are some fairly consistent patterns. The less well known names will usually play earliest, opening the stages at times when there will likely be fewer people there. The biggest names will generally play in one of three models: Pre/at the same time as live stage headliner - programmed there specifically to draw those who really like/prefer dance music, and to avoid crazy crowds if they played after the live stages finish; 'Peak time' - timed for when there is likely to be the biggest crowd/interest, before only the hardcore ravers are left! This would be 2am-4am, or thereabouts; Closing/sunrise - some pretty huge names will like to take the faithful through to the end, especially if that includes sunrise at an outdoor set. I've seen some pretty wonderful sunrise sets in the Temple, at IICON etc, delivered by some 'big' names. 

But that's very much a generalisation, and remember that DJs playing Glastonbury (especially successful, busy ones) are almost always playing elsewhere during the weekend, and so their slot will likely fit around their other commitments. 

Something like that! 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

59 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's quite variable, but there are some fairly consistent patterns. The less well known names will usually play earliest, opening the stages at times when there will likely be fewer people there. The biggest names will generally play in one of three models: Pre/at the same time as live stage headliner - programmed there specifically to draw those who really like/prefer dance music, and to avoid crazy crowds if they played after the live stages finish; 'Peak time' - timed for when there is likely to be the biggest crowd/interest, before only the hardcore ravers are left! This would be 2am-4am, or thereabouts. Closing/sunrise - some pretty huge names will like to take the faithful through to the end, especially if that includes sunrise at an outdoor set. I've seen some pretty wonderful sunrise sets in the Temple, at IICON etc, delivered by some 'big' names. 

But that's very much a generalisation, and remember that DJs playing Glastonbury (especially successful, busy ones) are almost always playing elsewhere during the weekend, and so their slot will likely fit around their other commitments. 

Something like that! 

Ben

Lovely description, Ben.

I can’t wait to be with the faithful, being taken through til sunrise at the new Genosys! 

13 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

His Essential Mix is great: 

and this set is awesome: 

Not actually listened to his Essential Mix but have listened to to the Sunrise at Nachtdigital many many times. First saw him at Lost Village a few years ago 

17 hours ago, LeFreak said:

Based on his online sets, Palms Trax is arguably my favourite DJ. So many of his sets have absolute bangers that could not be more up my street and such a nice energy, genuinely fun music. Have never actually watched this set so there is the morning commute sorted!

Another of his sets from Dekmantel in 2018 is up there with my most watched ever - from about 11mins through to 35 or so is absolute gold. 

Although the only caveat is when I actually saw him before I didn't enjoy it that much, didn't play much of this style of music and felt a bit more generic but it happens. Will definitely be at him at Glasto. Any ideas or guesses what time he will be on at?

Thanks for the link, I'll have to give it a go when I'm on the way to work tomorrow. 

Regarding times, absolutely no idea. It's just one huge alphabetical list, don't even know a day yet unless he's self confirmed on Insta or X or something.

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Thanks for the link, I'll have to give it a go when I'm on the way to work tomorrow. 

Regarding times, absolutely no idea. It's just one huge alphabetical list, don't even know a day yet unless he's self confirmed on Insta or X or something.

If you go to the Silver Hayes Instagram page they have the stage and day splits up. He's definitely Friday on Assembly anyway. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

My own Jobse fave is this bad boy 

https://on.soundcloud.com/YAFsH

This has taken me to the end of many long runs, the last 30 mins is great for getting you over the line! 

Hoping to catch him for some daytime dancing this year.

Thanks for the link, really enjoying this!

On 4/29/2024 at 6:55 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

Any recommended YT sets from that lineup you can link me to?

Optimo (Espacio) are definitely worth checking out if you don't know them. I spent almost every Sunday night of my 20s at their residency at Sub Club in Glasgow.

• Thanks 1