Coach times - experience

Claire0406

I pulled together a list of times a few years back (there's a thread on here somewhere). It wasn't definitive and things may have changed but Taunton had coaches as early as 06:00 and as late as 15:45 

Anecdotally, there's been quite a few people suggest that where a departure point has more than one time, resale tickets are more likely to get allocated to the later one.

11 minutes ago, Claire0406 said:

Going to try for coach tickets tomorrow for first time, what’s everyone’s experience with times? Are they all relatively early? I don’t mind either way but just good to know, ideally going from Taunton which is close to glasto

I've been from Taunton five times. Until last year, they were all really early, around the 6:30am mark and all on Wednesday, which was great. However, last year it was Thursday at 1:45pm, and by the time we'd left and got through traffic, it was around 3:30pm when we finally arrived at gate A. Far from ideal. There doesn't appear to be a pattern in which coach allocation you get, either. I used to think the earlier you book, the earlier the coach, but that can't be true. Last year I got tickets two minutes into the initial Thursday coach sale and still ended up arriving late afternoon on day two! Of course the most important thing is being there but upon reflection, I paid an extra £50 for a day and a half less.

Anyone know the score with coach times from Edinburgh? Took a National Express last time which left Tuesday evening, arrived at the site first thing Wednesday morning - hoping for something similar but not sure how many/what time the official coach(s) run

Going off topic, but having not travelled to Glasto via coach before, was wondering what the situations like with luggage? I assume it will be put in the storage below, however is it okay to bring a trolley for alcohol, other camping gear etc?

2 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

Going off topic, but having not travelled to Glasto via coach before, was wondering what the situations like with luggage? I assume it will be put in the storage below, however is it okay to bring a trolley for alcohol, other camping gear etc?

My understanding is that you'll be at the mercy of your individual coach but be aware of how many people are on there and how much luggage everyone will have. If you know anyone else going by car who has spare space it might be easier to see if they can bring alcohol for you and arrange to do a car run at some point with them.

23 minutes ago, irm96 said:

Anyone know the score with coach times from Edinburgh? Took a National Express last time which left Tuesday evening, arrived at the site first thing Wednesday morning - hoping for something similar but not sure how many/what time the official coach(s) run

Again this is 2nd hand info, but the times I had were 9 and 10:30 pm on the Tuesday.

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

My understanding is that you'll be at the mercy of your individual coach but be aware of how many people are on there and how much luggage everyone will have. If you know anyone else going by car who has spare space it might be easier to see if they can bring alcohol for you and arrange to do a car run at some point with them.

I've seen a few crates on trolleys go under the coach before. I've also been on a few times where it didn't look like everyone's bag was going to fit let alone everyone with trolleys of beer.

I personally wouldn't risk a trolley of ale unless you're prepared to leave it at the coach stop.

I've always been lucky with a friend going down in a car - this is definitely the best way (just go meet your friend in the carpark!).

Bottle of decanted spirits in the big bag and there's always the shuttle bus to a supermarket?

Just now, cheesey_toastie said:

I've seen a few crates on trolleys go under the coach before. I've also been on a few times where it didn't look like everyone's bag was going to fit let alone everyone with trolleys of beer.

I personally wouldn't risk a trolley of ale unless you're prepared to leave it at the coach stop.

I've always been lucky with a friend going down in a car - this is definitely the best way (just go meet your friend in the carpark!).

Bottle of decanted spirits in the big bag and there's always the shuttle bus to a supermarket?

Seems like more and more people come in their own tents rather than share. It's why there's no room in the camping fields IMHO and probably takes more space on the coach. 

4 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

One of our camping group who drives buys the beers for those who are arriving by coach. Then on the Thursday there is a group stroll out to his car to get the beer. It's all very civilised apart from the year when he ended up parked in what felt like the next county and it took forever to get out there.

1 hour ago, Claire0406 said:

Going to try for coach tickets tomorrow for first time, what’s everyone’s experience with times? Are they all relatively early? I don’t mind either way but just good to know, ideally going from Taunton which is close to glasto

ive had 3.45 on wed in resale and 9.45ish in main sale on the wed . its a pretty quick 1 hour journey both times . ideally the wed late one made me think id missed a fair chunk of the day , but needs must . youll probably get dropped here living nearby but if you need resident parking 10 or so mins walk away chuck me a dm . 

Did anyone go from Bath last year? We've managed to get Bath, Wednesday tickets - never done the coach before! Pretty easy I'm assuming? Just leaving our beer and tents with our mates who are going down Tuesday eve! 

This is what they were saying about baggage back in 2022:

Please do not bring an excessive amount of luggage on the coach. We would advise to bring one large bag/rucksack and one tent/sleeping bag per person, plus one piece of hand luggage. Trollies or Wheelbarrows are not welcomed. Remember there are lots of other passengers on the coach and we cannot be held responsible if your luggage will not fit on the coach.

My experience of Taunton coaches is the resale is definitely usually the last ones (so 3.45pm). When we got main sale, it was early in the morning. Our coach broke down last resale success so we were super late in 🤣

Our driver took the wrong route and ended up going down a dead end … fortunately I was on the bus and managed to shout directions to the driver to take an about turn in my old secondary school . Reversing out of that road would have caused us a fair delay 😀

Anybody ever taken a kid (under 13, so no festival ticket) on the coach? I'm going to have a punt tonight, I know it's very unlikely that I'll bag a ticket and I don't really want to get the coach, but I'll be wanting to take my littl'un with me if I do get a ticket. I think I read on Glastonbury site a while ago that extra coach seats could be bought for kids, is that done at same time as booking???

14 minutes ago, dirtysteve said:

Anybody ever taken a kid (under 13, so no festival ticket) on the coach? I'm going to have a punt tonight, I know it's very unlikely that I'll bag a ticket and I don't really want to get the coach, but I'll be wanting to take my littl'un with me if I do get a ticket. I think I read on Glastonbury site a while ago that extra coach seats could be bought for kids, is that done at same time as booking???

"If you are travelling with children aged 12 and under, who do not require an entry ticket for the Festival, you will need to book these additional coach seats whilst making your ticket + coach travel booking. If the additional seats required are not available when booking, please contact coachtravel@seetickets.com upon completing your booking in order to purchase your additional coach seats (NB: standard fares apply)."

18 minutes ago, dirtysteve said:

image.png.e6e167c2a1d720756c2a1fc8a308c300.png