Who’s on your cool wall 2024?

Dreamingofsunnydays

So far I have only one must see and that is Jessie Ware. Clashes at Glatonbury and rubblish timing of her gigs in Manchester mean for one reason or another I have never seen her live. I love her last 2 albums and Saturday night is made for disco dancing.

I have a large chunk of would loves but trying not to get too excited about them because whenever I do they all end up clashing.

High up my would loves of people I have never seen before is

Romy

Cyndi Lauper

Lankum

The Mary Wallopers

Newdad

Corrine Bailey Rae

Avril Lavigne

20 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Every year for the past three years we’ve put a white board on the fridge and as we listen to playlists (and from past performances) we add / delete.

The hell no is no disrespect to artists- just not our type of music!

We then take out loads when the timings come in 😂

So who’s on yours so far?

IMG_3208.jpeg

The cross demographic of people who'd 'love' to see both Anne Marie and Heiling must be limited to exclusively you

Edited by JayDiesel
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

So far I have only one must see and that is Jessie Ware. Clashes at Glatonbury and rubblish timing of her gigs in Manchester mean for one reason or another I have never seen her live. I love her last 2 albums and Saturday night is made for disco dancing.

I have a large chunk of would loves but trying not to get too excited about them because whenever I do they all end up clashing.

High up my would loves of people I have never seen before is

Romy

Cyndi Lauper

Lankum

The Mary Wallopers

Newdad

Corrine Bailey Rae

Avril Lavigne

Missed out on the Mary Wallopers last years as decided to stay where we were and watch a  Korean band in west holts drinking brothers. We were due to watch them a week later in Manchester supporting Saw Doctors- however then got covid at Glasto. They are now borderline must see after two near misses.

*hits Amazon to find a magnetic white board*

Must see -

Idles, Justice, The Breeders, Skream & Benga 

Would like -

The Streets, Camilla Cabello, Jungle, Nia Archives, Jamie XX, Sleaford Mods

Maybe - PJ Harvey, Disclosure, James Blake, Sugarbabes

Hell no - SZA, Seventeen

Indifferent to most of the others!

• Upvote 1

Seeing the subject heating I was gonna say "I'm too uncool to even have a cool wall", but I'm reassured that we all clearly have our own variations. 

Personally I couldn't begin to decide until we get more of the line up 🤷

Depends on clashes and I know some of these aren't possible but...

Must see: Idles, Little Simz, LCD Soundsystem, Squid, Noname, This is The Kit, Baxter Dury, Yard Act, Confidence Man, Fat White Family

Like to see: Fontaines DC, Danny Brown, Michael Kiwanuka, Avril Lavigne, Sugababes, PJ Harvey, Hi Vis, The National, Sleaford Mods, Jamie XX

Maybe: Most of the others to some extent!

No: Lana Del Rey, Seventeen, the bottom line of the pyramid poster, The Mary Wallopers, Peggy Gou

Edited by Chip Batch

53 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

Depends on clashes and I know some of these aren't possible but...

Must see: Idles, Little Simz, LCD Soundsystem, Squid, Noname, This is The Kit, Baxter Dury, Yard Act, Confidence Man, Fat White Family

Like to see: Fontaines DC, Danny Brown, Michael Kiwanuka, Avril Lavigne, Sugababes, PJ Harvey, Hi Vis, The National, Sleaford Mods, Jamie XX

Maybe: Most of the others to some extent!

No: Lana Del Rey, Seventeen, the bottom line of the pyramid poster, The Mary Wallopers, Peggy Gou

You hating on Lana Del Rey even though she’s not there 😂

3 of my must sees, The Streets, Sleaford mods and Orbital look like they are all playing at the same time. Not to mention my 2 faves clashing, Idles and fontaines.

What could have been 5 acts I would definitely see can only be 2... 

Choices to make.

6 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

3 of my must sees, The Streets, Sleaford mods and Orbital look like they are all playing at the same time. Not to mention my 2 faves clashing, Idles and fontaines.

What could have been 5 acts I would definitely see can only be 2... 

Choices to make.

This is why at this stage I try not to get my hopes up and only have one must see. One year I had 4 they all clashed so I have learned my lesson.

We have a similar idea - on Notes on my iPhone and it’s Definitely, Definitely Maybe, Maybe and No. Keep adding to it as we listen to new stuff and as more stages drop. Helps figure out what’s unmissable and what we want to see when the timings come through.

Well I say we but it’s mainly me. Husband occasionally has a different view but luckily mostly goes along with it …. 🤣

• Upvote 1

From the first poster...

UNMISSABLE
West Holts - Justice, Sugababes
Woodsies - Jamie xx
The Park - Orbital

WOULD LOVE
Pyramid - Little Simz, PJ Harvey
Other - Disclosure, Anne-Marie, The Last Dinner Party, Nothing But Thieves, Headie One
West Holts - Heilung, Nia Archives, Danny Brown
Woodsies - Kneecap
The Park - Ghetts
and... Honey Dijon, Skream & Benga

MAYBE?
Pyramid - Dua Lipa, SZA, Shania Twain, LCD Soundsystem, Burna Boy, Janelle Monae, Seventeen, Olivia Dean, Ayra Starr
Other - Idles, D-Block Europe, The Streets, Camilla Cabello, Avril Lavigne, Bloc Party, Confidence Man
West Holts - Jungle, Jessie Ware, Brittany Howard, Nitin Sawhney, Noname, Sofia Kourtesis
Woodsies - Gossip, Sleaford Mods, Romy, Yard Act, Kenya Grace, Mannequin Pussy
The Park - Peggy Gou, The Breeders, Otoboke Beaver, Barry Can't Swim
and... Faithless, DJ Spen, Eliza Rose, Bonobo

HELL NO
Pyramid - Coldplay, Cyndi Lauper, Michael Kiwanuka, Paul Heaton, Keane, Paloma Faith
Other - The National, Two Door Cinema Club, Bombay Bicycle Club
West Holts - Masego, Black Pumas, Corinne Bailey Rae, Steel Pulse, Squid, Jordan Rakei, Asha Puthli
Woodsies - James Blake, Sampha, Declan McKenna, Arlo Parks, Fat White Family, Alvvays, Blondshell, Soccer Mommy, Remi Wolf, Newdad, High Vis
The Park - Fontaines D.C., London Grammar, King Krule, Dexys, The Mary Wallopers, Aurora, Mount Kimbie, Lankum, Baxter Dury, This is the Kit
and... Flowerovlove

Edited by smogo
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 11:25 AM, -TLR- said:

mines pretty easy so far:

would love = Steel Pulse & Orbital

everything else can go under "Maybe?"

only change to mine is to add New Model Army to "would love"

pretty much everything else can go under the banner of "whatever".

image.thumb.png.301b60e04eb01637e8117479663db4b3.pngI keep my clashfinder updated (and move to an app that can put it in my phone calendar nearer the time) 

Purple - Unmissable

Green - Would Love

Blue - Maybe

White - Nahhhh

I try and limit it to three Purple and greens a day to avoid disappointment

Edited by EavisAintDead

On 3/19/2024 at 11:17 AM, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Every year for the past three years we’ve put a white board on the fridge and as we listen to playlists (and from past performances) we add / delete.

The hell no is no disrespect to artists- just not our type of music!

We then take out loads when the timings come in 😂

So who’s on yours so far?

IMG_3208.jpeg

Coldplay, Avril Lavigne and Cyndi Lauper being your unmissables would suggest to me that even allowing for the spirit of community, unity and togetherness at the festival we shouldn't be friends and should never attempt to even hold a conversation.