Pyramid Subs 2024

Joey Peeps

With the assumption/guess that LCD might have a new album announced but only have a single released come Glastonbury time, I think something like this is the best setlist they could go with:

1. Us v Them
  2. I Can Change
  3. new body rhumba
  4. Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
  5. (New song)
  6. Tonite
  7. Someone Great
  8. Losing My Edge
  9. All My Friends 

3 minutes ago, Little Thief said:

Heard from a very good source. Friday top 3 = PJ Harvey - LCD - headliner.

So likely:

Coldplay

LCD Soundsystem

PJ Harvey

Sunday 2016 vibes. PJ Harvey subbed LCD on the Other Stage that year, with Coldplay headlining the Pyramid. 

Just now, FloopFiller said:

With the assumption/guess that LCD might have a new album announced but only have a single released come Glastonbury time, I think something like this is the best setlist they could go with:

1. Us v Them
  2. I Can Change
  3. new body rhumba
  4. Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
  5. (New song)
  6. Tonite
  7. Someone Great
  8. Losing My Edge
  9. All My Friends 

A fellow setlister!

1 minute ago, Joey Peeps said:

So likely:

Coldplay

LCD Soundsystem

PJ Harvey

Sunday 2016 vibes. PJ Harvey subbed LCD on the Other Stage that year, with Coldplay headlining the Pyramid. 

Yeah it doesn’t exactly scream premiere Pyramid lineup that they’ve just moved two acts from Other to Pyramid, even if it was 8 years ago. Both LCD and PJ seem ambitious for their slots in the year 2024.

1 minute ago, Joey Peeps said:

So likely:

Coldplay

LCD Soundsystem

PJ Harvey

I'd be pretty happy with that trio to end the day on Friday

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah it doesn’t exactly scream premiere Pyramid lineup that they’ve just moved two acts from Other to Pyramid, even if it was 8 years ago. Both LCD and PJ seem ambitious for their slots in the year 2024.

Although I seem to recall that PJ Harvey had a much bigger crowd than LCD (huge amount of melting away when she finished!) 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Third down last year were Blondie, Lewis Capaldi and the Foos.

PJ Harvey just isn't a crowdpleaser in the year of our lord 2024.

Yup, feels a similar booking to Robert Plant a couple of years ago in that she’s a big name and popular with the older attendees but just feels a bit over booked. Imagine she’ll do fine, but hardly gonna pack the field out.

6 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah it would certainly seem an outlier. @Little Thief did your source specifically say Pyramid Stage?

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Starting to get worried that they actually have run out of cash.

Emily said herself that we wouldn’t see another lineup as strong as 2022 and last years lineup certainly had a vibe of certain acts being booked a slot or two higher than they deserved or we expected. Hopefully not gonna be something that brings down the lineups as a whole, but starting to get the feeling there’s gonna be more ‘filler’ acts in big slots - acts that are regularly on the U.K. festival circuit - and slightly less humungous names or big pop stars in lower slots a-la Katy Perry and Miley playing third down etc. 

Are the same people moaning about LCD and PJ Harvey headlining the field on the basis of crowd size the same people saying SZA crowd size doesn't matter and she scores really high critically? 

That Friday is shaping to be an excellent night of music for those who want to be there. 

PJ Harvey - genius

LCD - awesome

Coldplay - you know will put on the best live spectacle of the weekend and will probably have the biggest crowd

I may be at all three, or none, depending on options, but that's a pretty good top 3. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

LCD before Coldplay is a very weird one. On the one hand is has the potential to go the way of Beck in ‘16 with Coldplay fans just not giving a f**k or even attempting to enjoy it, but then LCD are at least a bit dancey so could perhaps get people on board..?

I’m just stoked they’re there either way and will be making sure I’m in the pit hopefully surrounded by fellow fans, but for the crowd at large it does seem like a bit of a DOA booking.

Being right in the pit was the worst place to be for Beck. That's where my mate was and he said he felt like he was the only one who was interested in Beck. Everyone else was just there for Coldplay. Whereas I was further back and had a great crowd around me (we both then went to the Other for LCD)