Day splits/clashfinder

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Well, why not? Give those people settling down with their chairs and blankets for the afternoon something to think about.

(oops, well spotted)

Ha well the garden opener slot is a particular favourite of mine so I thought I'd have a quick nosy see which chilled out folky wondrousness I had to look forward to to ease the hangover away...yeah, nah

On 5/2/2024 at 5:38 AM, xxialac said:

About a month until day splits. Looking forward to seeing how each day shapes up. Feel like there won't be any times where nothing is on this year!

the clashes this year are going to be particularly brutal 

33 minutes ago, Hurray4theWhiffWhaff said:

@SweepingTheNation any chance of having a go at adding the comedy? Thanks!

Problem is it's rare for comedians to announce their days in advance (or at all - Lee, Long and Harouni don't list EOTR on their official sites yet) and the times aren't released until the programme so it'd be complete guesswork all round, whereas with musicians you can get some idea from styles, size and other dates of where they might play.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Clashfinder updated: https://clashfinder.com/s/eotr2024/

As you can see there's one fewer in Big Top on Sunday than last year, and as it surely isn't Cornelius playing at 11pm I've left it as a gap just in case.

Any reason you’re thinking that about Cornelius? Too small a name?

I had already thought of him as a post headliner Big Top act before the splits came out. 

22 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Clashfinder updated: https://clashfinder.com/s/eotr2024/

As you can see there's one fewer in Big Top on Sunday than last year, and as it surely isn't Cornelius playing at 11pm I've left it as a gap just in case.

More thanks from me - sterling and rapid work. Yes, "the Big Top is closed [by] Shibuya-kei pioneer Cornelius" does sound like the normal 11pm slot to me. I'm hoping Big Special will be the first 11pm Folly slot (were only 2 surprises each night last year, although that varies), because that is a natural time for them (they are great!) that will hopefully bump Flamingods to remove a bad clash with Phosporescent. My Truck tix mean I don't have to worry about NewDad or Idles clashing. Overall, this is really great for me. Is it too early to get excited?

1 hour ago, Herman Trout said:

Great work on the clashfinder, much appreciated. I think the Richard Dawson highlighted might be someone different though ... having been dead for 12 years.

Ha! Those are nothing to do with me, they're added automatically from the MusicBrainz database.

4 hours ago, edwinizza said:

Any reason you’re thinking that about Cornelius? Too small a name?

I had already thought of him as a post headliner Big Top act before the splits came out. 

Cornelius is definitely a big enough name. Too big for Big Top slot, arguably. His London date is the Barbican..

Been hanging on for day splits to see if there are any other additions to my taste but regrettably not.

I know line ups are subjective but there's nothing at all on the Sunday to float my boat, and only a couple of things on Fri or Sat. Altogether the weakest EoTR line-up for my personal tastes since I started going in 2009. I appreciate others think it is brilliant - horses for courses.

Faced with dropping £625 on it (2 x Tier 4 adult and 1 x Tier 4 child) we're going to give it a swerve this year, it will be the first year of non-attendance for me since 2009.  I'd already bought a large campervan ticket so will throw that at the mercy of Twickets resale whenever possible, I see those have sold out. 

I'll be interested to see how ticket sales go this year. My personal feeling is that it won't sell out, but I hope I am proved wrong.  At the moment there is lots of Tier 4 availability, but too steep for me considering what I want to see. My wife and son come mainly for the camping rather than the music (it's a bit too alternative for them), we use it as an opportunity to catch up with our group of EoTR buddies who meet up there once a year. In that respect it works out as a very expensive camping holiday for the two of them!  We'll probably do Latitude instead, much as I hate feeding the Festival Republic coffers, its line-up this year is a bit more suited to my wife and son, so we'll likely do that instead. Unfortunately the days of us doing both are long gone. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LowerMead said:

Been hanging on for day splits to see if there are any other additions to my taste but regrettably not.

I know line ups are subjective but there's nothing at all on the Sunday to float my boat, and only a couple of things on Fri or Sat. Altogether the weakest EoTR line-up for my personal tastes since I started going in 2009. I appreciate others think it is brilliant - horses for courses.

Faced with dropping £625 on it (2 x Tier 4 adult and 1 x Tier 4 child) we're going to give it a swerve this year, it will be the first year of non-attendance for me since 2009.  I'd already bought a large campervan ticket so will throw that at the mercy of Twickets resale whenever possible, I see those have sold out. 

I'll be interested to see how ticket sales go this year. My personal feeling is that it won't sell out, but I hope I am proved wrong.  At the moment there is lots of Tier 4 availability, but too steep for me considering what I want to see. My wife and son come mainly for the camping rather than the music (it's a bit too alternative for them), we use it as an opportunity to catch up with our group of EoTR buddies who meet up there once a year. In that respect it works out as a very expensive camping holiday for the two of them!  We'll probably do Latitude instead, much as I hate feeding the Festival Republic coffers, its line-up this year is a bit more suited to my wife and son, so we'll likely do that instead. Unfortunately the days of us doing both are long gone. 

So funny... this is my fav since I started attending (granted, it will only be my 4th) and Sunday is clasheriffic 🤣

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LowerMead said:

I'll be interested to see how ticket sales go this year. My personal feeling is that it won't sell out, but I hope I am proved wrong.

Last year there were those who predicted tickets would sell so badly it would have to be cancelled. Instead it sold out nearly two months in advance.

Edited by SweepingTheNation