UK Politics

kalifire

2 hours ago, philipsteak said:

I was on statins for a while when I was diagnosed with type 2. My cholesterol wasn't even particularly high but like so much with diabetes it put you at higher risk. 

Decided to come off them when I went into remission

can't remember what they're called but i did have those lumps on my eyelids which denote high cholesterol, but since I've been on statins they've gone away.

Sunak holding a press conference this morning. Expectation is he will scrap the house of lords as they keep thwarting the will of the people and his Rwanda bill. Apparently they want Afghans who served with British forces exempt, bloody wokerati metropolitan elite.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Interest rates haven't brought down house prices significantly if at all, so now first time buyers are facing silly high prices plus higher interest rates on mortgages. Only way to do is it be rich already or have wealthy and generous parents.

I remember me saying demand will hold prices up and being told they'd fall loads.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Interest rates haven't brought down house prices significantly if at all, so now first time buyers are facing silly high prices plus higher interest rates on mortgages. Only way to do is it be rich already or have wealthy and generous parents.

And this is a very bad thing for society. More and more young people basically being forced to take 35 year long mortgages to scrape on to the property ladder. And they wonder why no one has kids anymore.

20 hours ago, stuie said:

Just some more divisive rhetoric from our failed unelected prime minister. He hasn’t got time to make any reforms like this. 

its a good way for him to highlight labours need to raise taxes for the tories that hate taxes and might still be persuaded to vote tory.

Stonewall have had to correct their lie about the research included in the Cass report. I hope the likes of Billy Bragg Dawn Butler and the Scottish Greens will push the correction as quickly as they pushed the lies.