UK Politics

kalifire

19 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

? No idea ? I don’t personally . But no restrictions … maybe some issue with upload ? Has one been removed ? 

I think it was something taken from a few weeks back when you said you didn’t like the DM being posted but that was just you personally saying it, there hasn’t been any mods ruling on it. 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Hmm a newspaper being informed about the content of a statement to a police force? 

This time it might have been leaked by the witness himself becuase there is bad blood between them. According to the Sunday Times he's  Matt Finnegan who used to work for Rayner. He sued her for unfair dismassal and disability discrimination. She paid him off but made him sign an NDA which isn't great. He then wrote a "fictional" novel about a northern female union offical who becomes a senior Labour MP nicknamed the Diva.

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I think it was something taken from a few weeks back when you said you didn’t like the DM being posted but that was just you personally saying it, there hasn’t been any mods ruling on it. 

Yep that’s accurate . If there’s anything from mods that is made clear in the post either by stating MOD at the end or now some of us are using different colour font to distinguish posts . Personally I think the daily mail and scum are hateful rags and I hope their existence along with GB news dissapear from the influence they have on U.K. politics maybe that has my bias on it but maybe I just don’t like these rags spreading hate 

Just now, Ommadawn said:

Who knows? - they don't like links from The Sun so I guess the same might hold true for other papers.

As I said before fill yer boots and see post above … you are manifesting something that doesn’t exist and was stated as a personal opinion . Which like every other user I’m allowed to have and was also made very clear to you and other users at the time 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yep that’s accurate . If there’s anything from mods that is made clear in the post either by stating MOD at the end or now some of us are using different colour font to distinguish posts . Personally I think the daily mail and scum are hateful rags and I hope their existence along with GB news dissapear from the influence they have on U.K. politics maybe that has my bias on it but maybe I just don’t like these rags spreading hate 

Maybe as a mod you should be more impartial?

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

Maybe as a mod you should be more impartial?

I’m not giving up my long standing beliefs or opinions because I voluntarily mod on here sorry . But we do have a team so try and make things as fair as is possible and discuss many decisions that are made for balance 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m not giving up my long standing beliefs or opinions because I voluntarily mod on here sorry . But we do have a team so try and make things as fair as is possible and discuss many decisions that are made for balance 

I'm not asking you to - just don't force them on other people here.

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

That's fair enough, I can see why you would feel that way about those papers being shared.

Its healthy to check other news sources, you dont have to agree with them. Just reading the Guardian or tailored social media distorts your view of the world. At the moment the Sun has good political reporting and their recent online interviews are worth watching. The Mail is still as bad as you'd expect.

15 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Its healthy to check other news sources, you dont have to agree with them. Just reading the Guardian or tailored social media distorts your view of the world. At the moment the Sun has good political reporting and their recent online interviews are worth watching. The Mail is still as bad as you'd expect.

Personally … hopefully I don’t need to use this each time the scum is a hateful rag who long since cooked its goose over the hillsborough made up bullshit and I’d not touch that rag . I’m more than happy without the need to see the bollocks they print . Distorted or not . They distort things in their own way anyway 

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Personally … hopefully I don’t need to use this each time the scum is a hateful rag who long since cooked its goose over the hillsborough made up bullshit and I’d not touch that rag . I’m more than happy without the need to see the bollocks they print . Distorted or not . They distort things in their own way anyway 

If you don't read the articles how do you know they're bollocks? The point is The Sun is the most popular news site after the BBC so the public at large don't share your disgust, (BTW Hillsborough was 35 years ago tomorrow, many won't even have been born then so sadly it's less of an issue today.) You need to be aware of what is being reported so you know what effect this is having on the people who do read The Sun and Mail, better to read and point out the distortions etc. than to pretend no one has those opinions.

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

If you don't read the articles how do you know they're bollocks? The point is The Sun is the most popular news site after the BBC so the public at large don't share your disgust, (BTW Hillsborough was 35 years ago tomorrow, many won't even have been born then so sadly it's less of an issue today.) You need to be aware of what is being reported so you know what effect this is having on the people who do read The Sun and Mail, better to read and point out the distortions etc. than to pretend no one has those opinions.

im fully aware what they report without needing to click links ... I can see front pages well enough , I work in a supermarket , many of those front pages are shared across other sites also I dont pretend anywhere that people dont share these views , I just dont personally and never will hope thats ok 

I look at the newspaper front pages every day on the BBC news website.

I look so I can see how the different papers choose to 'report' the main stories of the day and how utterly twisted some of them are when using their 'facts'.

I would not choose to read further than the front pages in most of them and if I want to find the realities of what is going on I find Channel 4 news and the BBC to both give reasonably fair and balanced reporting.

For an 'outside' view point I will look at CNN and Al Jazerra too as it is often interesting to see how things are seen by others with often very different opinions.

Sadly all too many of the UK newspapers now re so bias that what they report is often so misleading you can never really know what is going on by reading it............................. and I have had so many conversations with people over the years whose opinions and 'facts' are entirely based upon what is reported and how it is reported in their publication of choice (most often the Daily Hate, aka Mail).

Anyway - I took a week off this place as it had become far to polarised and the toxicity levels were rising fast as well as the self promotion of some 'I'm alright Jack' type folks, childish little remarks and with the occasional UK political conversation.

Ta ta for now

Edited by Nobody Interesting

2 hours ago, gizmoman said:

This is the scum's political editor

20230714_021432.jpg