UK Politics

kalifire

52 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Not convienced that's a sacking matter. What do they expect if they ask a politican to host a radio show.

I only said sacking (removing the whip) as that is what Starmer said Sunak should do to Tories found guilty.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

27 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yes but they're good at campaigning on local issues.

not so great -  cos they're anonymous  no one knows if they're having an effect, they did get well known in Brighton - for f**king stuff up. if Bristol gets a green controlled council i won't care, - I will report their f**k ups sure there'll be many, i move out of Bristol proper next week [will still be only  3 miles from  the city centre]), living in South Gloucestershire council area.

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Need some more posters up in Bristol I guess 😉

that would show them having the doorstep support they'll need to win, nothing showing them as having enough support at the moment to remove a well known and well liked MP here, greens will throw everything at it, will be embarrassing for them  if this week's leader doesn't win an MP seat.

I'll let you know if i see anything chance on my journeys thru the residential streets of central Bristol. just like I've let you know about the visible downwards  change  in support in recent years.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

not so great -  cos they're anonymous  no one knows if they're having an effect, they did get well known in Brighton - for f**king stuff up. if Bristol gets a green controlled council i won't care, - I will report their f**k ups sure there'll be many, i move out of Bristol proper next week [will still be only  3 miles from  the city centre]), living in South Gloucestershire council area.

how do you know they're anonymous? This is local elections.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

how do you know they're anonymous? This is local elections.

they launched their  national locals campaign in bristol last week, and i had no recognition of the people they used to do it, and that's despite me taking an interest in politics.

and more interest than the local green publicist.

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Need some more posters up in Bristol I guess 😉

who are the greens in taunton then?!!?

28 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Seems decent 

IMG_8279.png

Moat people just laugh at people like this, but then most people just laugh at parties like Monster Raving Looney despite their policies becoming law in many cases.

Here are just a few:
24 hour legal drinking
Lowering the voting age to 18
Abolishing dog licenses
Commercial radio becoming legal
Per passports
Abolition of the 11plus

25 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I particularly support the one about shops who play Christmas music.

One year at work the music source in our shop got jammed somehow and Asda fm was playing Christmas music at least 10days into Jan … I hate Christmas 😂

23 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Moat people just laugh at people like this, but then most people just laugh at parties like Monster Raving Looney despite their policies becoming law in many cases.

Here are just a few:
24 hour legal drinking
Lowering the voting age to 18
Abolishing dog licenses
Commercial radio becoming legal
Per passports
Abolition of the 11plus

Was meant as some light relief and some humour into the thread 

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

No election here in May … apart from police and crime commissioner 

anonymous you say. 😛 

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

and mine was meant as proof that not all 'silly' ;policies are really that silly.

Still, I'll get my coat.

Didn't the Monster Raving Loony party once campaign for a 99p coin. Briliant idea.

‘Middle-class lefties’ won’t stop Labour using private sector to cut NHS backlog, Streeting says

that'll send a few people into overdrive.

if the private sector has the spare  capacity and it isn't easy for the nhs to build extra capacity then why not? make use of resources.

anything where the nhs pays a contract fee is being labelled as private sector, even when charities or not-for-profits. they need to be careful that they don't campaign to throw out good stuff that's working.

policy changes can really screw things sometimes , even 'good' changes. tory tax changes onto small landlords caused many small landlords to sell-up and quit the rental market, causing the number of rentals to fall, and then rents increased because of the reduced supply..

Edited by Neil

I don't get pension yet (not that old) but am about to get a pay rise from the government. Reckon it'll be around £100 extra pm. Thanks taxpayers. 🙂