UK Politics

kalifire

2 hours ago, lazyred said:

Reports the cabinet are split on Isreal's compliance wth international law and whether to keep supplying arms. It's more symbolic for us as USA and Germany are the big arms suppliers

israel supplies itself more than the UK supplies it.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

israel supplies itself more than the UK supplies it.

Well, clearly they should ban themselves from selling arms to themselves then.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

daily f**king mail 😞 ... do they really  need to PUT PROOF IN CAPITALS   ? this over 1.5 k or something ridiculous when the Torys are breaking the country with dodgy contracts left right and centre 

yeah but no but if she lied then she has to resign then Starmer's loyalty to her will be called into question then he'll have to go then suddenly everyone will realise they're all dodgy as f**k may as well stick with what we've got and the tories will get another 500 years in power and everyone on here will cry except the proper lefties who will be comforted that there isn't a so called labour government and they can go on protests without getting too confused.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

yeah but no but if she lied then she has to resign then Starmer's loyalty to her will be called into question then he'll have to go then suddenly everyone will realise they're all dodgy as f**k may as well stick with what we've got and the tories will get another 500 years in power and everyone on here will cry except the proper lefties who will be comforted that there isn't a so called labour government and they can go on protests without getting too confused.

lots of words ... I think well be ok though tories have f**ked it , no signs of anything narrowing polls at present 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

daily f**king mail 😞 ... do they really  need to PUT PROOF IN CAPITALS   ? this over 1.5 k or something ridiculous when the Torys are breaking the country with dodgy contracts left right and centre 

Its baffling she didn't kill this story weeks ago. Either publish the advice that she owed nothing or admit an honest mistake because it was her only house and pay a few thousand.

If Raynor has done nothing wrong and has advice to prove it them publish it and the matter is closed.

If a Tory had done what she is accused of and even if it was only a small amount people would be calling for them to be sacked.

Personally I say if she can prove she is innocent, then do it. If not then why not, what has she to hide?

Wrong doing is wrong doing regardless of amount and party - and the UK needs to restore public trust in Parliament so for goodness sake just get on and prove you have done nothing wrong.

32 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

If Raynor has done nothing wrong and has advice to prove it them publish it and the matter is closed.

If a Tory had done what she is accused of and even if it was only a small amount people would be calling for them to be sacked.

Personally I say if she can prove she is innocent, then do it. If not then why not, what has she to hide?

Wrong doing is wrong doing regardless of amount and party - and the UK needs to restore public trust in Parliament so for goodness sake just get on and prove you have done nothing wrong.

Whilst I agree if people were held to account in the Tory party they wouldn’t have a majority any longer … wasn’t this before rayner became an mp ? How much digging is acceptable ? Do MPs need to have a completely clean past .. might struggle to get any at that rate . Newspapers are going to dig and dig at Labour now hoping to get some dirt . Whilst the Tory party escape scruitiny This wragg stuff should be getting far more attention … who else is involved ? Who’s the blackmailer ? What else has been conceded to them . We need to proper journalists who are prepared to hold all to account 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Whilst I agree if people were held to account in the Tory party they wouldn’t have a majority any longer … wasn’t this before rayner became an mp ? How much digging is acceptable ? Do MPs need to have a completely clean past .. might struggle to get any at that rate . Newspapers are going to dig and dig at Labour now hoping to get some dirt . Whilst the Tory party escape scruitiny This wragg stuff should be getting far more attention … who else is involved ? Who’s the blackmailer ? What else has been conceded to them . We need to proper journalists who are prepared to hold all to account 

I think most Tory voters would laugh at your suggestion that the Conservative party has escaped scrutiny. If they had, I suspect they wouldn't be over 20 points adrift in the polls.

4 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

I think most Tory voters would laugh at your suggestion that the Conservative party has escaped scrutiny. If they had, I suspect they wouldn't be over 20 points adrift in the polls.

There’s scandal after scandal much of which fortunately couldn’t be hidden … but it’s pretty constant 

22 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

think issue is if she lied about it.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

think issue is if she lied about it.

I agree that’s plenty … but that needs to mean the Tory’s do the same and they won’t . Maybe Starmer can use it as we and mps are accountable moment in sacking her 

45 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

There’s scandal after scandal much of which fortunately couldn’t be hidden … but it’s pretty constant 

So the Tores have been investigated  then. Raynor could have used the honest mistake defence but she decided to lie instead. Lammys defence this morning is that different standards apply to govt and opposition mps