UK Politics

kalifire

57 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It's also an election budget, they'll call one for May with these tax cuts.

they'll probably promnise more cuts in the future too, just to make the election argument about tax - tories have won a few elections using tax.

i don't care about tax as i'm out of the tax system with tax free income.

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

expectation management...

One term Labour government than?

Not very inspiring from a party that's so far ahead in the polls. If they can't turn things around in five years, why vote for them?

Edited by Ommadawn

12 hours ago, lost said:

From what I've read. The issue is she may of declared it as her primary residence to evade capital gains tax when she was living somewhere else.

This issue is growing. Looks like she may have evaded paying tax of around £3000. That's the sort of thing the Tories do isn't it?

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

they'll have to reverse these pre election tax cuts...whoever gets in power will have to.

Nah, they can just cancel some more of that green shite!

59 minutes ago, Neil said:

they'll probably promnise more cuts in the future too, just to make the election argument about tax - tories have won a few elections using tax.

i don't care about tax as i'm out of the tax system with tax free income.

Very noble, Neil.

I still pay tax and would be delighted to pay more tax if the government were spending it wisely.

55 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

One term Labour government than?

Not very inspiring from a party that's so far ahead in the polls. If they can't turn things around in five years, why vote for them?

The Tories have had fifteen years to f**k things up. Cant fix big problems very quickly. I prefer they're honest about what they can achieve. Bullshit is for the dreamers the kippers and the never gets.

45 minutes ago, LJS said:

Very noble, Neil.

I still pay tax and would be delighted to pay more tax if the government were spending it wisely.

I'm happy to  pay required taxes, the income I have is  not taxable (pip is tax free my accountant said) not quite true for all of my income now I think about it (but that part is well under the income tax threshold). My NI stamps are (I believe) paid via my UC claim.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess will be like Attlee's government.

Which was one of the best governments and PMs we’ve ever had.

The country is in such a bad state that it will take Labour time to turn it around especially if Hunt wrecks the country further with big tax cuts next month. 

35 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Which was one of the best governments and PMs we’ve ever had.

The country is in such a bad state that it will take Labour time to turn it around especially if Hunt wrecks the country further with big tax cuts next month. 

yeah, they are inheriting a sh*t state of affairs...and if Hunt really steals one of their tax raising policies just to cut more taxes that makes life even more difficult for them. Maybe Reeves won't support any tax cuts, which is exactly what Hunt will want I guess.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I guess will be like Attlee's government.

There are similarities with how he got the leadership after a bad defeat and how he is criticised for being modest. We just need the radical transformibg government when he wins. 

25 minutes ago, lazyred said:

There are similarities with how he got the leadership after a bad defeat and how he is criticised for being modest. We just need the radical transformibg government when he wins. 

Sadly I really do not see there being much, if any, chance of that happening.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Sadly I really do not see there being much, if any, chance of that happening.

The real radical stuff isnt noticed by the likes of Owen Jones because they don't rely on them. The short NHS waiting times, the Sure Start centres  anf the tax credits from the lBlair / Brown years. All dismissed because Iraq and now Gaza are easy to protest. and feel good about.