Camper Van Ticket

tedmaul

Errrrrr..... I seem to have missed the camper van ticket sale.  It must have been announced with no email and then happened without me noticing.  Gutted as I'm taking two small kids and a trolley which makes off-site camping with shuttlebus pretty difficult.

Does anyone know if they will be doing a camper van ticket resale (or have a camper van ticket to spare)?

I'm thinking of getting a Bath and West camper ticket on the off-chance I might be able to swap with someone who has an on-site camper ticket.

Edited by tedmaul

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Didn't they fix that this year?

nope .... lots of people getting refunded automatically  and some accidentally for all purchases so they've had to chase See to get one reinstated 

edit actually I think they did for some purchases 

Edited by Crazyfool01

28 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

nope .... lots of people getting refunded automatically  and some accidentally for all purchases so they've had to chase See to get one reinstated 

edit actually I think they did for some purchases 

Interesting. I only saw a post somewhere where it showed they couldn't get another one as their reg had been used. 

49 minutes ago, tedmaul said:

Errrrrr..... I seem to have missed the camper van ticket sale.  It must have been announced with no email and then happened without me noticing.  Gutted as I'm taking two small kids and a trolley which makes off-site camping with shuttlebus pretty difficult.

I did see a post on Glasto Chat Facebook group (posted by a member of the shuttle bus staff) that sleeping kids in trolleys were fine using the shuttle buses. Just to try and avoid turning up directly after a headliner as there may be a bit of a wait. 😊

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Interesting. I only saw a post somewhere where it showed they couldn't get another one as their reg had been used. 

That only comes up if a transaction has been completed before a new one is attempted. So if 2 people are trying at roughly the same time both can complete the transaction. 

Here is the message, better than nothing but duplicates are still possible. On a positive note as least SeeTickets are cancelling and refunding the duplicate in full. 😊

Polish_20231208_140234002.png

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

That only comes up if a transaction has been completed before a new one is attempted. So if 2 people are trying at roughly the same time both can complete the transaction. 

Here is the message, better than nothing but duplicates are still possible. On a positive note as least SeeTickets are cancelling and refunding the duplicate in full. 😊

Polish_20231208_140234002.png

I see. Suuuurly it can't be too hard to fix this?

Edited by Gnomicide

On 12/8/2023 at 1:02 PM, tedmaul said:

Does anyone know if they will be doing a camper van ticket resale (or have a camper van ticket to spare)?

I'm thinking of getting a Bath and West camper ticket on the off-chance I might be able to swap with someone who has an on-site camper ticket.

I've just seen this. f**king livid right now.

No emails from GFL about the camper ticket sale but they'll happily send over links to buy merch. FML 

2 hours ago, Nice hymer said:

I've just seen this. f**king livid right now.

No emails from GFL about the camper ticket sale but they'll happily send over links to buy merch. FML 

I think the cv ticket sale date was only announced on the official Glastonbury website a few days before 

14 hours ago, gazzared said:

I think the cv ticket sale date was only announced on the official Glastonbury website a few days before 

Correct. Added to the website on Monday 27th November, with the sale on Friday 01st.

I've had emails in previous years. It's left me stuck as Bath & West isn't practical for our group.

I'm reasonably confident that we'll bag some tickets along the way, but still an inconvenience (on top of rescheduled sales etc)

GFL & Seetickets appear to have dropped the ball. Internal issues or complacency? 

There was hardly any chatter this year, I didn't see anything here, on Twitter or Facebook before the sale.

Who checks the GFL website every few days (or even more frequently), how did people hear about the sale?

I'm at a bit of a loss tbh, thought I had a pretty solid news flow but obviously not....

15 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

Who checks the GFL website every few days (or even more frequently), how did people hear about the sale?

I'm at a bit of a loss tbh, thought I had a pretty solid news flow but obviously not....

I check here daily, the reddit group daily, and have the ticket page as my browser homepage so anytime i restart my browser, I get the current ticket page.

8 hours ago, Nice hymer said:

Correct. Added to the website on Monday 27th November, with the sale on Friday 01st.

I've had emails in previous years. It's left me stuck as Bath & West isn't practical for our group.

I'm reasonably confident that we'll bag some tickets along the way, but still an inconvenience (on top of rescheduled sales etc)

GFL & Seetickets appear to have dropped the ball. Internal issues or complacency? 

There was hardly any chatter this year, I didn't see anything here, on Twitter or Facebook before the sale.

I may be in a minority but after someone in our group secured my Glastonbury tickets my next big worry was securing a east CV ticket so I was checking the website for information every few hours