R1: DMA’s 

FR: 100 gecs

Doja Cat seems to have stalled, really don't think she will be MSE

I think Lil Uzi Vert might be MSW too

Edited by gfa

34 minutes ago, gfa said:

Doja Cat seems to have stalled, really don't think she will be MSE

I think Lil Uzi Vert might be MSW too

She’s doing a big arena tour so I don’t think she’s stalled too much. 

Also, there isn’t a MSW anymore. 

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

She’s doing a big arena tour so I don’t think she’s stalled too much. 

Also, there isn’t a MSW anymore. 

Haha just woke up - I mean as the second headliner then

There's one O2 date that didn't sell out straight away and still has a good few 1000 tickets left including floor standing - hardly a main headliner

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Haha just woke up - I mean as the second headliner then

There's one O2 date that didn't sell out straight away and still has a good few 1000 tickets left including floor standing - hardly a main headliner

The tour isn’t until summer 😂 give the gal a chance. If it’s not her, I can see them getting O Rod. 

On 1/21/2024 at 5:24 PM, Andre91 said:

BMTH have sold around 130,000 tickets on this tour. There’s nothing weak about that. 

Implying that only stadium acts can be considered solid MSE headliners is as bad as the people who said the same about Download year after year. 

Yeah, BMTH are... well, now the main stages are gone, it's irrelevant, but that's a band who are an outright bill-topper now. They're shifting the tickets to justify it.

2 hours ago, VCK2 said:

Will next year be the year we finally get RATM?

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

No. They’re done. 

Yup.

If they're willing to announce this in a US election year when you'd imagine there might well be demand for them to play, then I think it's a sign they're not coming R&L this time.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:38 AM, gfa said:

They aren't like the Killers over here who are essentially an AM equivalent popularity wise for younger people

Foos are definitely not like AM here.

No but they do shift tickets. Seven UK stadium dates all sold out and a f**king massive crowd to their Churn-Ups set at Glastonbury last summer means that the demand is very much there.

Guess it's the case of second-guessing what the modern R&L crowd is into as much as anything. Though even then FFs drew a big number to Reading 2019 judging by the recording.

20 hours ago, charlierc said:

No but they do shift tickets. Seven UK stadium dates all sold out and a f**king massive crowd to their Churn-Ups set at Glastonbury last summer means that the demand is very much there.

Guess it's the case of second-guessing what the modern R&L crowd is into as much as anything. Though even then FFs drew a big number to Reading 2019 judging by the recording.

Definitely the latter - i did agree they are obviously still big in response to your first sentences.

Glastonbury is clearly far more their audience

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Definitely the latter - i did agree they are obviously still big in response to your first sentences.

Glastonbury is clearly far more their audience

Certainly I'm still seeking Twickets tix for their shows in Cardiff as a friend who lives there also wants to go. Though I'm willing to wait a while given the show isn't for four months and I got tickets very late in the day for Arctic Monkeys in Middlesbrough.

It's quite the about-turn tbf to think Grohl's acts have gone from being synonymous with Reading thanks to Nirvana and four Foo Fighters headline shows there to now being more of a Glasto-crowd.

41 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Certainly I'm still seeking Twickets tix for their shows in Cardiff as a friend who lives there also wants to go. Though I'm willing to wait a while given the show isn't for four months and I got tickets very late in the day for Arctic Monkeys in Middlesbrough.

It's quite the about-turn tbf to think Grohl's acts have gone from being synonymous with Reading thanks to Nirvana and four Foo Fighters headline shows there to now being more of a Glasto-crowd.

Foo Fighters are still very much suited to Reading and would sell well. They’ll likely play again within the next couple of years

Loads of acts cross over with Glastonbury

Foo Fighters are just as well suited to R&L now as they were in 2019, 2012, 2005, 2002 or any other year they’ve played. They’re a multi-generational defining band who will always have immense pull and interest the youth as they are one of the biggest bands in the world who are constantly pulling in young and new fans. They are far more a part of R&L’s identity than any other festival in this country and that isn’t going to change for the rest of their career. They would pull as big a crowd in 2025 and sell as many day tickets as they did at any other time they’ve headlined. There’s very few bands who sit in this bracket and Foos are at the top of it. 

• Upvote 3

Some predictions for the big stages… 

MAIN: Paramore, Olivia Rodrigo & Foo Fighters 

CHEVRON: Bicep, Chase & Status & Becky Hill

RADIO 1: Bombay Bicycle Club, IDLES & Little Simz 

I think they’ll go back to having 3 Main headliners next year. Maybe they had most of this year’s six booked when they thought they’d still have two Main Stages so that’s why they’re billed as headliners even though we know they’re glorified subs. 

If they do persist with marketing six headliners, I’ll go with this: 

MAIN: Paramore, Olivia Rodrigo, Foo Fighters, Tyler the Creator, Tame Impala & Kasabian. 

Edited by Andre91

On 2/14/2024 at 7:34 AM, Andre91 said:

Foo Fighters are just as well suited to R&L now as they were in 2019, 2012, 2005, 2002 or any other year they’ve played. They’re a multi-generational defining band who will always have immense pull and interest the youth as they are one of the biggest bands in the world who are constantly pulling in young and new fans. They are far more a part of R&L’s identity than any other festival in this country and that isn’t going to change for the rest of their career. They would pull as big a crowd in 2025 and sell as many day tickets as they did at any other time they’ve headlined. There’s very few bands who sit in this bracket and Foos are at the top of it. 

Yeah Foos are basically THE quintessential R&L band. If the festival is going to lean more towards rock again they'd be a perfect headliners, be a huge draw, plus they absolutely love playing so if they are available they'll be there.

1 minute ago, VCK2 said:

Yeah Foos are basically THE quintessential R&L band. If the festival is going to lean more towards rock again they'd be a perfect headliners, be a huge draw, plus they absolutely love playing so if they are available they'll be there.

I’d put money on Foos being there next year. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think they’ll go back to having 3 Main headliners next year. Maybe they had most of this year’s six booked when they thought they’d still have two Main Stages so that’s why they’re billed as headliners even though we know they’re glorified subs. 

MAIN: Paramore, Olivia Rodrigo, Foo Fighters, Tyler the Creator, Tame Impala & Kasabian. 

I don't see Paramore doing it next year, their time was this year. Next year the album is too late gone.

If the top two each day on the same stage are getting headline length sets then they will continue to market it because that's what they are. It is following in the vein of your Werchters etc.

Foo Fighters nailed on I agree. Olivia will depend on if Glastonbury have snatched her again. I doubt Becky Hill will be about next year.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Chase & Status would be a huge Chevron booking - doing bigger shows than the prodigy even at the minute (who are a big booking in their own right)

I think they'd be more suited to being a Dance second headliner

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

I don't see Paramore doing it next year, their time was this year. Next year the album is too late gone.

Foos with Paramore subbing, maybe? I know that's what Bonnaroo did last year.

Tbf we don't know if doing the Eras run with Taylor might give them a big popularity uplift. And the fact they sold out their arena run last year fairly easily hints a crowd is out there for them.

Edited by charlierc

43 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Foos with Paramore subbing, maybe? I know that's what Bonnaroo did last year.

Tbf we don't know if doing the Eras run with Taylor might give them a big popularity uplift. And the fact they sold out their arena run last year fairly easily hints a crowd is out there for them.

It’s been discussed before but I think Paramore are main headliner or bust. They sold out the biggest tour of their career on this record, won tonnes of awards and the most critical praise of their careers and they’re supporting the biggest tour in the world. They’re only going to get bigger support Taylor. If they’ve got a record out in 2025, I’d bet on them being at R&L. A slam dunk booking. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’s been discussed before but I think Paramore are main headliner or bust. They sold out the biggest tour of their career on this record, won tonnes of awards and the most critical praise of their careers and they’re supporting the biggest tour in the world. They’re only going to get bigger support Taylor. If they’ve got a record out in 2025, I’d bet on them being at R&L. A slam dunk booking. 

Can't seenit happening, they aren't aren't going to tour the UK for 3 years straight. Last albums was early 2023, given how deep into this year they are supporting Taylors tour, I feel 2026 I the spot. I think This is Why overall was crap but Reading missed the boat massively to not get them on a UK Festival exclusive after the Taylor tour this year and book Blink, Paramore and Fred instead of Liam again.

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

Can't seenit happening, they aren't aren't going to tour the UK for 3 years straight. Last albums was early 2023, given how deep into this year they are supporting Taylors tour, I feel 2026 I the spot. I think This is Why overall was crap but Reading missed the boat massively to not get them on a UK Festival exclusive after the Taylor tour this year and book Blink, Paramore and Fred instead of Liam again.

They’re free from their label now. I don’t think we’re going to be waiting too long for new material. They’ll capitalise off the most successful year they’ve ever had.

This Is Why isn’t crap, btw. It just isn’t. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

They’re free from their label now. I don’t think we’re going to be waiting too long for new material. They’ll capitalise off the most successful year they’ve ever had.

This Is Why isn’t crap, btw. It just isn’t. 

Boring as sh*t, just my view although I will admit these days I am not as bothered about the older material. It is better than After Laughter but that well yeah. I've just kinda moved past Paramore but they are for the younger generation especially when their latest releases.

Capitalising would have been doing Reading this year, not doing it after another album 2 years later that might not be all that, touring a 3rd year in a row. I really don't know why they chose that a Taylor support slot had to stop everything....she didn't needed them to sell out that tour.

Bit of a downer to make a point of we've got big plans and big things coming next and that was a support slot.

Edited by northernangel