Download 2025

Andre91

I think it’s more likely we’ll get Sleep Token headlining over Korn and I don’t think they’d get both as that’s too much of a risk unless they’re really struggling. 

Sleep Token / Blink-182 or MCR / Iron Maiden

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think co-headlines work at a single site festival. I think KoRn are comfortably bigger than Deftones over here too. 

Thats fair. I think both could actually headline but I’d not be against Korn headlining outright and Deftones getting 75/80 minutes underneath. 

20 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

It's 25K which is more than the O2 (which is 20k) and Downloads headliners logic is should be able to sell 2 nights at O2....Korn also doing smaller venues sure but point is they still pull in the fans and could deffo headline.

I'm not really a fan of Limp Bizkit but I would argue they should be headlining over AX7 and I wouldn't be surprised if they got a bigger crowd. Korn got a bigger crowd than Biffy in 2022. 

I read that the capacity has been reduced from 25 to 20k. I find Limp Bizkot a bit of a novelty act, not that I dislike them but I really need something on the day to invest and with Sum 41 not far from announcing their final UK shows there isn't much in it. Corey solo isn't great and Hoobastank are probably the one for me lol. I'd be going home after Limp Bizkit so I need to find £100+ in shorter Limp Bizkit and Sum 41/Hoobastank and Corey lol.

I wouldn't be surprised of any proper Download sub like Korn getting a bigger crowd that Biffy Clyro at Download. I think all of main headliner, sub and maybe even 3rd, zippo headliner and sub with get a bigger crowd than Biffy will to headline.

APEX: Sleep Token / Deftones / Spiritbox / Malevolence

OPUS: Judas Priest / Opeth

AVALANCHE: Fightstar

DOGTOOTH: Whitechapel

APEX: Blink-182 / YUNGBLUD / Pierce The Veil / Turnstile 

OPUS: Sabaton / Meshuggah

AVALANCHE: Feeder 

DOGTOOTH: Igorrr

APEX: Iron Maiden / Gojira / Lamb of God / Mastodon 

OPUS: Don Broco / The Gaslight Anthem

AVALANCHE: The All American Rejects

DOGTOOTH: Napalm Death

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

APEX: Sleep Token / Deftones / Spiritbox / Malevolence

OPUS: Judas Priest / Opeth

AVALANCHE: Fightstar

DOGTOOTH: Whitechapel

APEX: Blink-182 / YUNGBLUD / Pierce The Veil / Turnstile 

OPUS: Sabaton / Meshuggah

AVALANCHE: Feeder 

DOGTOOTH: Igorrr

APEX: Iron Maiden / Gojira / Lamb of God / Mastodon 

OPUS: Don Broco / The Gaslight Anthem

AVALANCHE: The All American Rejects

DOGTOOTH: Napalm Death

Yungblud subbing Download over Glastonbury and Reading high options I dont see.  Also why are The Gaslight Anthem going to sub second stage whern they have the same slot at Trees that Don Broco do.Except for that it is probably not that far off but a lot of saved money. I'd stick Papa Roach in there as they are more than likely going to be about.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Yungblud subbing Download over Glastonbury and Reading high options I dont see.  Also why are The Gaslight Anthem going to sub second stage whern they have the same slot at Trees that Don Broco do.Except for that it is probably not that far off but a lot of saved money. I'd stick Papa Roach in there as they are more than likely going to be about.

Reading or DL are as likely as each other, I think. I just think he’d be a great fit under Blink. 

They might have the same slot at Trees but that doesn’t take away the fact that Broco play arenas and Gaslight don’t. Broco will have a new album out come 2025 so I think they will get a long overdue big slot at DL. 

Papa Roach and Download must have some sort of problem because they haven’t played in a decade despite being around consistently. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Reading or DL are as likely as each other, I think. I just think he’d be a great fit under Blink. 

They might have the same slot at Trees but that doesn’t take away the fact that Broco play arenas and Gaslight don’t. Broco will have a new album out come 2025 so I think they will get a long overdue big slot at DL. 

Papa Roach and Download must have some sort of problem because they haven’t played in a decade despite being around consistently. 

To be fair, Gaslight Anthem played Wembley Arena last and BMTH played Download sub off the back off that. So on that basis there isn't that much difference. I don't believe Doc Broco was difficult getting tickets either. They are one for those who would sell a tour out if they did a few but spaced.

And yes I forget that about Papa Roach. As long as they play RAR if I go there I don't mind.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Letlive regrouping for a farewell tour next year. Not sure if they’re planning on festivals but if they are then Download will surely be all over that. 

Would prefer to see them somewhere smaller like Outbreak or Trees but Download would be able to chuck more money at them.