Download 2025

Andre91

On 2/2/2024 at 11:51 AM, gabrielomachado said:

•  

2025: Iron Maiden / Ghost / My Chemical Romance
2026: Green Day / Parkway Drive / Slipknot
2027Biffy Clyro / Sleep Token / Metallica

Like this. Parkway Drive one who I felt were in line to step up a year ago, but... just having some reservations now.

Hope they do though!

15 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Like this. Parkway Drive one who I felt were in line to step up a year ago, but... just having some reservations now.

Hope they do though!

I don’t think Parkway will ever quite reach the point where they’re considered a headliner and will instead remain consistent subs like Korn, Deftones, Alter Bridge etc.

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

I don’t think Parkway will ever quite reach the point where they’re considered a headliner and will instead remain consistent subs like Korn, Deftones, Alter Bridge etc.

Hope we're wrong! I guess the problem is if we reach the stage where the old hands have packed it in, we've got to find 'em from somewhere.

50 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Sleep Token are now in the conversation. 

They add a second night at The O2, I'll consider them nailed on and a major miss if Download don't book 'em.

52 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They should be, but then BMTH should have been for at least five years before they actually headlined. Unfortunately Download doesn't seem to have a great track record for striking while the iron is hot.

14 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

They should be, but then BMTH should have been for at least five years before they actually headlined. Unfortunately Download doesn't seem to have a great track record for striking while the iron is hot.

Well, Download did have Bring Me 100% booked as headliners in 2016 so definitely believed in them back then; but did the dumbass move of trying to bump them to sub when Rammstein magically became available before announcement (to which BMTH then understandably dropped out due to the level of disrespect).

I think Download is going to strike whilst iron is hot this time and follow-through. They will probably be a MUCH cheaper headliner than usual, will get a ton of press/hype around 'promoting a new UK band up' which Copping loves to spout in interviews, and balanced out by the inevitable Iron Maiden 50th anniversary set. Its a win-win all-round. 

Can you whip up one of your posters quick? 😄 

Edited by FrogLobster

1 hour ago, FrogLobster said:

Well, Download did have Bring Me 100% booked as headliners in 2016 so definitely believed in them back then; but did the dumbass move of trying to bump them to sub when Rammstein magically became available before announcement (to which BMTH then understandably dropped out due to the level of disrespect).

An absolute fumble, with hindsight, but then again, who knows.

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I was very much of the opinion that Download would do what Download does best and not book them this early on despite their immense popularity and clearly being big enough to do it, but I dunno… maybe the fact they struggled so much for headliners this years will lead to a changed attitude in regards to booking headliners. I still think they’re more likely to sub, but Download would be very smart to just give them the gig now (but they’ll probably just book Slipknot, SOAD and Maiden instead). 

20 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

I was very much of the opinion that Download would do what Download does best and not book them this early on despite their immense popularity and clearly being big enough to do it, but I dunno… maybe the fact they struggled so much for headliners this years will lead to a changed attitude in regards to booking headliners. I still think they’re more likely to sub, but Download would be very smart to just give them the gig now (but they’ll probably just book Slipknot, SOAD and Maiden instead). 

On 1/30/2024 at 10:52 AM, FloopFiller said:

Because there’s literally zero chance of Download making such an ambitious headliner booking. Almost certain they’ll get a good slot, possibly even sub, but no way they’ll be headlining this early on.

From 'literally zero chance' to 'maybe they struggled with 2023 so they would be smart to give them the gig'. What a difference 6 days makes! 😄 

Edited by FrogLobster

10 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

From 'literally zero chance' to 'maybe they struggled with 2023 so they would be smart to give them the gig'. What a difference 6 days makes! 😄 

Haha yeah, I still don’t think it’s gonna happen, but after having thought about the struggles they had this year I can see how they might realise what a smart idea it would be to secure them in the headliner roster sooner rather than later, but maybe that’s still giving them too much credit.

4 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Haha yeah, I still don’t think it’s gonna happen, but after having thought about the struggles they had this year I can see how they might realise what a smart idea it would be to secure them in the headliner roster sooner rather than later, but maybe that’s still giving them too much credit.

Copping looooooves saying he has promoted bands to top slots, especially UK 'homegrown' bands, so could see him leaning into this for extra marketing buzz.

From a business POV I imagine Sleepy T are significantly cheaper than the usual headliners on rotation so can save some dosh. But also already have a built-in rabid fanbase who fly cross-continent and world just to see them. Saw people online had flown over for the Wembley show from parts of Asia and Australia which is mental. Can imagine day tickets would shift decently.

Edited by FrogLobster

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

If they pick someone like SOAD when Sleep Token are selling the tickets they are it'll be insane. Give them the f**king ball.

I deffo think System are fair game. 8 years is easily a long enough gap for them to come back and play some of the best metal songs ever.

9 hours ago, Beese Churger said:

I deffo think System are fair game. 8 years is easily a long enough gap for them to come back and play some of the best metal songs ever.

The chances of SOAD again are dwindling. Serj has gone on record saying he hates touring and can't do long flights often due to health issues, drummer said publicly they have wasted time with Serj fronting the band for all these years, they aren't getting any younger, etc

Id kill for one last Europe show from them to see these songs live one more time but I doubt they have it in them unless its retirement money for Serj; which they would probably get more of at their own headliner.

Edited by FrogLobster

1 hour ago, FrogLobster said:

The chances of SOAD again are dwindling. Serj has gone on record saying he hates touring and can't do long flights often due to health issues, drummer said publicly they have wasted time with Serj fronting the band for all these years, they aren't getting any younger, etc

Id kill for one last Europe show from them to see these songs live one more time but I doubt they have it in them unless its retirement money for Serj; which they would probably get more of at their own headliner.

It's not really all Serj's fault though, the drummer John (who is also is brother in law) has all these right wing pro-Trump views and cries like a baby whenever they are challenged, so that's hardly conducive to a functional band.

24 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

It's not really all Serj's fault though, the drummer John (who is also is brother in law) has all these right wing pro-Trump views and cries like a baby whenever they are challenged, so that's hardly conducive to a functional band.

Yep, John is a dumbo in his views and that definetly doesn't help with inside-band communication. Makes it even less likely to see another Europe tour.

Edited by FrogLobster
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Beese Churger said:

Play them with some of the lowest amounts of passion ever. 

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Play them with some of the lowest amounts of passion ever. 

I've seen a lot of people being critical of Sleep Token live too mind. And on track I personally find their music to be void of passion, the vocals just sound like indie pop to me and I hate all the pop elements to the music too.  

8 hours ago, foolee said:

Yeah seems like a great time to push them up. Think it might be Sleep Token / SOAD, MCR or Blink-182 / Iron Maiden. The middle one depends on who will be touring and who wants to do it I think. 

I doubt SOAD ever come back tbh. I'd like them too but if just feels like they are done in terms of any dates outside the US.

MCR I think can just do their own stadium dates and be done, like Rammstein. 

52 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I doubt SOAD ever come back tbh. I'd like them too but if just feels like they are done in terms of any dates outside the US.

MCR I think can just do their own stadium dates and be done, like Rammstein. 

Do you think they hype will be there with MCR now that most who would’ve wanted to see them has?