Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

Glass Beams just announced by Way Out West, so they'll be back in Europe next August. They have a sold out show at Botanique next April and could be a wonderful Spring addition.

Osees (I know they would be a 2023 repetition but sometimes it happens) don't have any Belgian show announced this year and are playing London Aug-15 and Green Man Aug-17, so they're also a possibility for the Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Glass Beams just announced by Way Out West, so they'll be back in Europe next August. They have a sold out show at Botanique next April and could be a wonderful Spring addition.

Osees (I know they would be a 2023 repetition but sometimes it happens) don't have any Belgian show announced this year and are playing London Aug-15 and Green Man Aug-17, so they're also a possibility for the Sunday.

Glass Beams would be WOOOOOOOWWWWW

Osees are always welcome!

• Like 1

As far as I know, no announecemt this week because they are closing a medium/big name for Sunday in order to sell the big quantity of Sunday daytickets remaining. All eforts in the last names booking are being done for Sunday even fighting with minor festivals like Lokerse, Alcatraz or Brakrock in order to book some bands that decide to tour in the last minute. I think that once that this name will be closed they will do a big announcement. But things are changing so fast in PKP HQ since the surprising amount sold in the 1st 24 hours, so let's wait.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SarahEmpre said:

As far as I know, no announecemt this week because they are closing a medium/big name for Sunday in order to sell the big quantity of Sunday daytickets remaining. All eforts in the last names booking are being done for Sunday even fighting with minor festivals like Lokerse, Alcatraz or Brakrock in order to book some bands that decide to tour in the last minute. I think that once that this name will be closed they will do a big announcement. But things are changing so fast in PKP HQ since the surprising amount sold in the 1st 24 hours, so let's wait.

Solo or band, any idea? 

4 hours ago, SarahEmpre said:

Interesting. There's still a lot of big names touring and available who would fit, like for example Kasabian, The Libertines, Liam Gallagher, The Prodigy...

A name shared with Rock Werchter, like The Hives or Idles, is also possible but they won't announce it before July so ut doesn't make much sense.

45 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Interesting. There's still a lot of big names touring and available who would fit, like for example Kasabian, The Libertines, Liam Gallagher, The Prodigy...

A name shared with Rock Werchter, like The Hives or Idles, is also possible but they won't announce it before July so ut doesn't make much sense.

Prodigy are at Lokerse, Libertines at Dour. LG or New Order would be good for me, not sure how many tickets they'd shift though.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DDave said:

Prodigy are at Lokerse, Libertines at Dour. LG or New Order would be good for me, not sure how many tickets they'd shift though.

maybe the mysterious Paredes headliner then

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

maybe the mysterious Paredes headliner then

Or Florence maybe? Whoever it is will have to play before The Offspring or they ask the Offspring to move down a slot. Difficult to do when they've been announced as subbing QOTSA. If it's the Marquee I suppose Rise Against could be moved down a slot. 

LG would play under The Offspring. 

Still find it odd they are looking for a big name before giving us more names. As I've said on the festileaks board, the bookers might be rewarding themselves with a name as they've sold out the weekend in record time, alternatively the Sunday sales might be that abysmal they are acting now. 

Edited by DDave

I still think The Offspring is a small sub for a mainstream festival like Pukkelpop, even if the festival has plenty of other stages. They have been announced as big name in the first announcement but who knows what's exactly in their contract. We can still dream - a little bit - about a decent sub. It's not Graspop where they can headline the second Main Stage. An act like Liam Gallagher would never play below them anyway. Earlier this month, Merol announced a big show at Lotto Arena for November. Weird timing but maybe they thought the Sunday would sell better...

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2024 at 11:20 AM, SarahEmpre said:

As I told you last week they were waiting for a medium/big artist for Sunday and now they have the green light to announce it.

Friday and Saturday names are most of them small, do not expect too much.

Selling out Sunday daytickets has been the logical plan in PKP Headquarters in the last weeks.

See you tomorrow 11am

Edited by SarahEmpre
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SarahEmpre said:

As I told you last week they were waiting for a medium/big artist for Sunday and now they have the green light to announce it.

Friday and Saturday names are most of them small, do not expect too much.

Selling out Sunday daytickets has been the logical plan in PKP Headquarters in the last weeks.

See you tomorrow 11am

I bet that Idles are playing 3rd down in the Main Stage on Sunday once their day in Rock Werchter is sold out. 

QOTSA / The Offspring / Idles makes sense.

Edited by johnybegood

Intrigued about the Sunday medium/big name, someone 'very popular' according to someone on Efests, and doesn't sound like a forum favourite so I think that rules out Idles, at least for now. Probably a name for the younger crowd? 

London Grammar is a good shout. 

Noah Kahan is still available but hardly qualifies as a medium name anymore. Doubt his management would let him play under The Offspring. Would shift tickets though.

It'll be Oscar and the Wolf, or Joost, no doubt.