Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

11 minutes ago, DDave said:

QOTSA and Offspring confirmed. 

Offspring is such a lame f**king booking. 

Best hope for a good Undercard, then. 

Offspring being booked at the top end of a festival when they have ONE big song with mass appeal which came out almost 30 years ago.

I'll probably seek to go to Field Day instead. Really disappointed in this terrible group of headliners.

QOTSA is the best rock act that a festival can book nowadays, imo. Their last álbum is awesome.

The Offspring used to be one of my fav bands in the 90’s in my punk & skate days, along with Bad Religion, NOFX, Millencolin and Pennywise. But yes, as Dave said is not an inspiring booking, I would have preferred Korn instead.

3 minutes ago, Cw91 said:

Considering attending this year after RW last year.....reviews on wether to fly over or not? Logistics wise is the festival run well....similar to RW in arena?

Where are you travelling from? I have travelled from UK a good few times and trail and error'd it.

PKP is MILES better than RW, which I found to be quite shite with nothing to do.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Where are you travelling from? I have travelled from UK a good few times and trail and error'd it.

PKP is MILES better than RW, which I found to be quite shite with nothing to do.

Ireland, cool....might look into it

13 minutes ago, Cw91 said:

Considering attending this year after RW last year.....reviews on wether to fly over or not? Logistics wise is the festival run well....similar to RW in arena?

The most well organised festival I've been to which is a bit pull for me. Everything logistic wise runs really smooth from getting to site, getting in, getting a drink to having a piss. 

• Upvote 2

There are fewer people better distributed at Pukkelpop, you can even be relatively close to the stage without having to fight to arrive 1 hour before the show.

There are 8 scenes, lots to do on the side. Every year I don't manage to tick all the boxes on my checklist so even regardless of the line-up, you always get what you pay for at Pukkelpop and you won't be bored.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

20 minutes ago, DDave said:

I think that's the first time ever there's not been an alternative/indie act (i.e. not a rock band) booked as a sub/headliner 

It is. And it's a strange choice for this kind of festival.
Wondering if some Marquee headliner could be announced as co-headliner like they did with The National in 2019 (The Smile maybe?)

Just now, gigi21 said:

It is. And it's a strange choice for this kind of festival.
Wondering if some Marquee headliner could be announced as co-headliner like they did with The National in 2019 (The Smile maybe?)

New Order would be my choice. Even though they're playing 15 minutes away from me the week after I think they'd be great in the Marquee, they're really polished live these days. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DDave said:

The most well organised festival I've been to which is a bit pull for me. Everything logistic wise runs really smooth from getting to site, getting in, getting a drink to having a piss. 

Second this, I tell everyone I know to try it once, it has everything, a good vibe, good community, good music, good food, good arts. 

The crowd is good despite in 2022 having two people try and fight me over absolutely nothing (one asked me to take a photo of their friends and then tried to punch me when they said he photos were blurry) but in thousands of people there are always a few rotten eggs.

I genuinely love this festival.

• Upvote 1

i second what people have said

my fav festival i have been too by far. everything about is easy and great. if the houses on the main road outside still do their own set ups and sell beer as well, then thats just the cherry on top

one downside is the amount of clashes if into alot of genres, but i love a clash, means its a good festival.

• Upvote 1

Agree with all the positive comments. Been to a ton of festivals but Pukkelpop has been my favorite since my first time in 2022. So cool vibes, a lovely field, really easy to move from a stage to another, easy to get a drink, etc. I went in 2022 for the Arctic Monkeys day, in 2023 for Billie Eilish day and hopefully in 2024 for the QOTSA day if I find a few more acts I really like that day (shouldn't be too difficult with all the acts around).

I agree with the other comments about the festival. Personally my favourite one, I always felt relaxed, attended to a lot of concerts, more than any other festival I've been, without ever being in a hurry or feeling overcrowded. Good beers, decent food, free trains and buses, 200+ concerts, lots to do, gadgets, secret shows and concerts in the town announced daily... Definitely recommended.

My two cents about the lineup so far: as I wrote many times, I live in South Italy, I don't have many chances to attend to international concerts and I'm always more interested in undercards than big names, so I have to wait, as usually. Personally I'm ok with all the 7 names announced so far and I'd also gladly attend to a couple of them, but I think they won't sell many combitickets. This, combined with the lack of a really strong headliner, give me hopes on strong announcements coming during next weeks.

That said, I have a bad feeling about my personal tastes and PKP: I'm mostly a listener of psychedelia, indie rock, avant-pop, post-punk, nu jazz, experimental sounds, etc... Cross-genres music I'd say. And one of the things that attracted me the most to PKP in the 2015-2019 era (when I choose to come 3 times) was that it used to be stacked of acts I love and I don't have the possibility to catch in the place I live in. Nowadays I feel it's going into a different direction, always booking diverse kinds of acts but more into specific styles (I mean, pop acts, rap acts, dance acts, classic rock acts, classic punk acts...) and every year I feel like it's gradually drifting away from my tastes, even if the ticket sales are the same, more or less.

Giving the amount of good artists touring Europe next August, I'd like to be proven wrong during next weeks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, gigi21 said:

I agree with the other comments about the festival. Personally my favourite one, I always felt relaxed, attended to a lot of concerts, more than any other festival I've been, without ever being in a hurry or feeling overcrowded. Good beers, decent food, free trains and buses, 200+ concerts, lots to do, gadgets, secret shows and concerts in the town announced daily... Definitely recommended.

My two cents about the lineup so far: as I wrote many times, I live in South Italy, I don't have many chances to attend to international concerts and I'm always more interested in undercards than big names, so I have to wait, as usually. Personally I'm ok with all the 7 names announced so far and I'd also gladly attend to a couple of them, but I think they won't sell many combitickets. This, combined with the lack of a really strong headliner, give me hopes on strong announcements coming during next weeks.

That said, I have a bad feeling about my personal tastes and PKP: I'm mostly a listener of psychedelia, indie rock, avant-pop, post-punk, nu jazz, experimental sounds, etc... Cross-genres music I'd say. And one of the things that attracted me the most to PKP in the 2015-2019 era (when I choose to come 3 times) was that it used to be stacked of acts I love and I don't have the possibility to catch in the place I live in. Nowadays I feel it's going into a different direction, always booking diverse kinds of acts but more into specific styles (I mean, pop acts, rap acts, dance acts, classic rock acts, classic punk acts...) and every year I feel like it's gradually drifting away from my tastes, even if the ticket sales are the same, more or less.

Giving the amount of good artists touring Europe next August, I'd like to be proven wrong during next weeks.

I agree. I would like to go to Pukklepop once, however, I think I missed the timing... I always like to measure my taste for the festival by doing some clashfinders. If you take the 2019 one, it's excellent, 10 to 12 bands per day. Last year's, in comparison, is not very encouraging. Added to this the price of accommodation, I think we have better options in the same weeks...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, joselito said:

I agree. I would like to go to Pukklepop once, however, I think I missed the timing... I always like to measure my taste for the festival by doing some clashfinders. If you take the 2019 one, it's excellent, 10 to 12 bands per day. Last year's, in comparison, is not very encouraging. Added to this the price of accommodation, I think we have better options in the same weeks...

I just checked the PKP 2019 Friday Clashfinder. Among others, we had:
Main Stage: Stormzy > Blackwave > Mura Masa > Post Malone > Martin Solveig
Marquee: Inhaler > Dermot Kennedy > White Lies > Franz Ferdinand > The National
Club: Nilufer Yanya > Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes > Big Thief > Sharon Van Etten > Raketkanon > IDLES > Crystal Fighters
Dance Hall: Modeselektor > Jon Hopkins > James Blake
Castello: Yves Tumor > Kamaal Williams > The Comet Is Coming

In one day. From early afternoon to late night.

Edited by gigi21

5 hours ago, gigi21 said:

I just checked the PKP 2019 Friday Clashfinder. Among others, we had:
Main Stage: Stormzy > Blackwave > Mura Masa > Post Malone > Martin Solveig
Marquee: Inhaler > Dermot Kennedy > White Lies > Franz Ferdinand > The National
Club: Nilufer Yanya > Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes > Big Thief > Sharon Van Etten > Raketkanon > IDLES > Crystal Fighters
Dance Hall: Modeselektor > Jon Hopkins > James Blake
Castello: Yves Tumor > Kamaal Williams > The Comet Is Coming

In one day. From early afternoon to late night.

2019 was perfect.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, joselito said:

2019 was perfect.

Still mad I miss that f**kin' Sunday...

From noon to midnight, just 12h non-stop: Pennywise - Poppy - Airbourne - Pvris - Billie Eilish - Ghosteman - A Day To Remember - Bullet For My Valentine - Anderson Paak - Charlie XCX - Prophets Of Rage - Twenty One Pilots. Madness!

Which day do you think we can expect names next week? Already on Monday?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Archi said:

Still mad I miss that f**kin' Sunday...

From noon to midnight, just 12h non-stop: Pennywise - Poppy - Airbourne - Pvris - Billie Eilish - Ghosteman - A Day To Remember - Bullet For My Valentine - Anderson Paak - Charlie XCX - Prophets Of Rage - Twenty One Pilots. Madness!

Which day do you think we can expect names next week? Already on Monday?

I really don´t know, but it´s a possibility, like they did last year.

7 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

The Libertines are playing Cabaret Vert (2 hours by car to Hasselt) on Saturday.

Can you see Pukkelpop booking them for the QOTSA & Offspring as 3rd down in the Main Stage?

I doubt that. If they would be booked, probably in the Marquee somewhere in the late afternoon / early evening.

• Upvote 1