Mad Cool 2024

MK1

Jack White teasing new music on Instagram.

He has a pattern of announcing new albums and tours on short notice in January (2014, 2018) or December (2022).

He played Mad Cool in 2018 and 2022. Mad Cool in 2022 was one of only two festival appearances during his summer tour.

Could he be one of the missing names?

17 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Jack White teasing new music on Instagram.

He has a pattern of announcing new albums and tours on short notice in January (2014, 2018) or December (2022).

He played Mad Cool in 2018 and 2022. Mad Cool in 2022 was one of only two festival appearances during his summer tour.

Could he be one of the missing names?

He loves touring European festivals since U.S. festivals are more hip-hop rap oriented now compared to 6 years ago. It's very likely to happen.

On 1/3/2024 at 12:15 AM, corndog said:

idk if Jack White returns this quickly after just playing in 2022 but man would I welcome that. One of my favorite shows every time he comes around. 

He would want headline most likely too. There would also be a slight chance for Glastonbury as he does not skip the festival in some way but it can only really be sub or secret set.

35 minutes ago, charlierc said:

There's speculation elsewhere that Kings of Leon are touring in '24. However, I'm wary they did Mad Cool in both 2017 and 2022 so would that be overkill?

they are doing deichbrand festival in germany, i don't think thats a somehow exclusive show

13 minutes ago, eivomracsy said:

they are doing deichbrand festival in germany, i don't think thats a somehow exclusive show

Well, they're in the UK on 4th July for a concert as part of the British Grand Prix weekend at Silverstone but there's speculation elsewhere on here that they're doing other UK stuff in June. So makes sense they're in Europe, even if this German festival isn't until later on in July.

Could The Killers play again 

There doing a few UK and Ireland dates finishing up in London on the 11th July. Maybe a flight down to Madrid for the last day on the 13th July

Really no idea who could be the other headliners. Maneskin one because of that leak. Few bigger acts rumoured to tour like AC/DC won't do festivals

Won't happen in a month of Sundays but would love Sleep Token and Bad Wolves to play 

Edited by irishfan34

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gingerevans84 said:

Full lineup announced on Thursday.

Didn't expect it this quick 

Guessing Maneskin will be there 

Doubt it but AC/DC due to announce a tour very soon and Guns N Roses have some big announcement coming up (tbh they have over toured the last few years) 

Maybe Foo Fighters but I think they would of been announced already

I wouldn't, expect big announcements Thursday, no Foo Fighters and of course no ACDC or GUNS

There were 3 big slots to fill and another 6-8 in undercard, my feeling is Maneskhin/ Lenny Kravitz will come, one of both or, sadly,  both

My hopes are in undercard positions, I expect 2-3 additions of my taste like Cage the Elephant, Weezer, Beach House, Limp Bizkit... but I'm afraid we will settle for Snow Patrol. Dropkicks or Kooks

In 24 hours we will see

5 hours ago, Big Kahuna said:

I wouldn't, expect big announcements Thursday, no Foo Fighters and of course no ACDC or GUNS

There were 3 big slots to fill and another 6-8 in undercard, my feeling is Maneskhin/ Lenny Kravitz will come, one of both or, sadly,  both

My hopes are in undercard positions, I expect 2-3 additions of my taste like Cage the Elephant, Weezer, Beach House, Limp Bizkit... but I'm afraid we will settle for Snow Patrol. Dropkicks or Kooks

In 24 hours we will see

Do you think that 'big money act' rumour is a lie ? 

Falta todavía al menos un grupo o músico potente por anunciar. “Estamos justo cerrándolo ahora. Está casi hecho. Si lo firmamos nuestros presupuesto para este año aumentará [unos 23 millones de euros en total]”, señala Arnaiz

this is what Arnáiz said, there was even people who understood they were going to Sign a last 23 M $ act 😀😀to close lineup… I think that  phrase could mean everything, from FF to Maneskhin…he is not saying more.

Edited by Big Kahuna

i really dont see being Foo Fighters this late.

from the poster 2 headliners are missing , maneskin is headlining werchter so it wouldnt be a surprise for them to headline a day here.

no idea about the other one. Could be arcade fire since they are co headlining NOS Alive with smashing pumpkins but why not having them announced when NOS Alive announced aswell?

there was a rumour about billie eilish if so , i can see her co-headling NOS alive also with Dua Lipa

Edited by just_one

26 minutes ago, just_one said:

i really dont see being Foo Fighters this late.

from the poster 2 headliners are missing , maneskin is headlining werchter so it wouldnt be a surprise for them to headline a day here.

no idea about the other one. Could be arcade fire since they are co headlining NOS Alive with smashing pumpkins but why not having them announced when NOS Alive announced aswell?

there was a rumour about billie eilish if so , i can see her co-headling NOS alive also with Dua Lipa

It won’t be Arcade Fire, they’re headlining Bilbao BBK. 

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It won’t be Arcade Fire, they’re headlining Bilbao BBK. 

More like it won't be because there are no days left for them (they play 11 NOS, 12 Sevilla, 13 BBK and the 10th already has all its headliners announced).

They could still share something with BBK even though there's a big rivalry between the two.

Edited by Joshua Homme

1 hour ago, gingerevans84 said:

No announcement tomorrow as per Insta. Cant get any more Mad Cool than that.

Wireless was also about to announce this week but reschedule it today to next Monday. I'm wondering if it's somehow connected. Doja Cat fits both festivals, but she already has some dates...

• Upvote 1