2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

No - Just used a standard template for each field so I could correct stuff quickly.. made one template per reg no and postcode so I could do @1 @2 @3 @4 @5 in the fields as I tabbed down the page, tried doing the lot in one go but couldn't get it to work reliably...

https://www.getmagical.com/share/shortcuts?shareId=85c9a907-408b-4146-b44e-7fa53adca32e

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Penrhos said:

No - it's a plug-in. you setup a macro you trigger by a hotkey - in my case "#1"

So when I got to the booking page I clicked in the first box and entered #1 - the macro then ran and filled in my reg no, tab, postcode, tab, next reg no, tab, postcode, tab, etc until all the boxes were filled in I checked and clicked purchase.

What did you use to make it tab to the next field? I tried 'TAB', but doesn't seem to be right.

3 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Just been reading last years thread.

Just hitting "Clear all cookies" seems a bit drastic. Or do I need to do this to clear the "cache"? Can I just get away with deleting only Seetickets cookies? I'm being thick again. I know I used to know what a/the cache is.

No probs with deleting all cache and cookies ahead of the sale. You may just need to ok the prompt to accept cookies when you next first open the Seetickets page....and possibly the same on other websites you use.  You might also get logged out of some sites, including this one, and just need to log back in again. All best done in advance of 0900 tomorrow obvs.

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

No probs with deleting all cache and cookies ahead of the sale. You may just need to ok the prompt to accept cookies when you next first open the Seetickets page....and possibly the same on other websites you use.  You might also get logged out of some sites, including this one, and just need to log back in again. All best done in advance of 0900 tomorrow obvs.

But presumably we only really *need* to clear the seetickets.com cookies & cache? Saves all the re-logging in, etc. for other sites?

Yes - delete all seetickets cookies and data just to be sure no nasties left over from Thursday's sale.

I just setup a macro for each reg no & postcode as I couldn't work out how to get it to tab between fields. still significantly quicker than trying to cut-n-paste from notepad or sheets.

Edited by Penrhos
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, billum said:

But presumably we only really *need* to clear the seetickets.com cookies & cache? Saves all the re-logging in, etc. for other sites?

Yes but on most browsers it's not simple to remove specific cookies....most have the option to individually remove Cache, Cookies, Browsing History, or all of them with tick boxes, but not cookies for individual sites etc without digging into deeper options.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Yes - delete all seetickets cookies and data just to be sure no nasties left over from Thursday's sale.

I just setup a macro for each reg no & postcode as I couldn't work out how to get it to tab between fields. still significantly quicker than trying to cut-n-paste from notepad or sheets.

mind sharing how you set up the macros please? Does it require external app?

thanks!

1 minute ago, J3mmo said:

What happens if the Lead Booker (whose name goes in first) doesn't pay the balance? Does it assign Lead Booker status to the 2nd name on the list? Or cancel the whole group?

It’s ok, any valid uk debit or credit card works, doesn’t have to be connected to the lead booker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Yes but on most browsers it's not simple to remove specific cookies....most have the option to individually remove Cache, Cookies, Browsing History, or all of them with tick boxes, but not cookies for individual sites etc without digging into deeper options.

Using an incognito tab is a quick way to get a "clean" session if you dont want to clear cookies, data etc.

On 11/17/2023 at 12:16 PM, hoppi27 said:

What link are we hoping for for Sunday?

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2024-deposits/worthy-farm/3500000  ?

Or 3500010? I remember it being 2500000 last year, so 3500000 seems more fitting but who knows.

3500000 seems likely based on last year. Is there anyway of finding out for certain, in advance?

Edited by Eggbo

16 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s ok, any valid uk debit or credit card works, doesn’t have to be connected to the lead booker.

Thanks...was thinking also about where do tickets get sent, don't they normally all get sent to the Lead Booker?

3 minutes ago, orelean said:

Could be a bit risky in the sale, you don’t anything you get from getting through to the booking page getting cleared accidentally…

Incognito works by creating new temporary storage for cache etc when you open the incognito window, any data accumulated during the session persists until the incognito window is closed. Closing an individual incognito tab doesn't clear it, only closing the entire window.

In theory a website could try to detect you are using an incognito window and block you but it relies on bugs/flaws and google update incognito mode whenever one is found to prevent such blocking.

I typically run a normal session and an incognito one during the ticket sale on my personal pc, along with a single session on my phone and another on my work pc connected to the work vpn

Just something people who intend to pay using a Santander card, I went to buy something by credit card today and the app needed an update before I could pay which took a while to download and install, so you might want to double check your app is up to date, as you don't want the stress of waiting for the app to update when you reach the payment screen in the morning! I suppose it might be worth checking your banking apps are up to date whoever your provider is, just in case...!