BBC radio 1 big weekend 2024

jj200

On 5/13/2024 at 7:18 AM, gregory said:

My final guesses are Griff, Perrie Edwards, Florence, Hozier, and then possibly something bigger/international a la Olivia / Billie / JT / Dua  / Zayne / Twenty One Pilots / Troye Sivan. 

I've covered enough bases there to hopefully look right one way or another 😄 

🤣

21 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

So Friday that wasn’t a dance day anymore is…. a dance day 🤣

London Grammar is very good though, happy with that. 

think its about making it a bit bigger than usual so they could convince c&s / sell more tickets as they are a pretty big name

naff additions to sunday but ah well. still excellent valu

Was bored so ranked the Sunday acts by monthly listeners on Spotify:

Coldplay 73,001,052
Sabrina Carpenter 56,025,473
Teddy Swims 39,042,992
beabadoobee 16,996,772
Declan McKenna 9,452,425
Olly Alexander 8,846,727
Vampire Weekend 7,033,956
AJ Tracy 5,774,406
Remi Wolf 4,623,121
Olivia Dean 3,791,883
London Grammar 3,637,324
Everything Everything 547,992
Sea Girls 470,967
CMAT 395,071
Fizz 99,794

Interestingly a couple of the Introducing acts have more listeners than Fizz and CMAT

Beth McCarthy 404,831
Etta Marcus 315,540

20 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Interesting to see how long the Coldplay set is… 

Similar sort of length as Harry styles i would imagine (about 12 songs/just short of an hour)

I took a crack at creating a setlist based on their tour and condensing it to the hits. 

(Intro: Flying Theme- ET)

1. Higher Power

2. Adventure of a Lifetime

3. Paradise

4. Viva La Vida

5. Something Just Like This 

6. Yellow

7. Clocks

8. Fix You

9. Hymn for the Weekend

10. My Universe

11. A Sky Full Of Stars

• Like 1

8 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Interesting to see how long the Coldplay set is… 

They have got an act less on the stage than previous years, so I wonder if they'll get a little longer and/or Vampire Weekend will also get closer to an hour (as their name is as big as Coldplay's on the poster)

39 minutes ago, gregory said:

They have got an act less on the stage than previous years, so I wonder if they'll get a little longer and/or Vampire Weekend will also get closer to an hour (as their name is as big as Coldplay's on the poster)

That’s what I’m thinking… anything over an hour is obviously a massive bonus. Can’t wait still! 

Sorry for the slightly off-topic question, but how does the location get selected for big weekend?

is there a chance for example that it could go to Reading or Leeds next year, because it’s being organised by the same people who organise R&L?

Edited by FestivalJamie

5 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Sorry for the slightly off-topic question, but how does the location get selected for big weekend?

is there a chance for example that it could go to Reading or Leeds next year, because it’s being organised by the same people who organise R&L?

If I was putting money down, I'd predict Bradford to be the very likely 2025 destination as the BBC have shown recent form for going to a the newly named "City of Culture" (albeit Coventry was delayed a year due to COVID).

9 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

They tend to like to go to places that would otherwise not have access to live music or atleast not with artists of that scale. For that reason I think any city with a preorganised large festival will not get picked for Big Weekend

On 5/14/2024 at 11:16 PM, nathanh said:

Similar sort of length as Harry styles i would imagine (about 12 songs/just short of an hour)

I took a crack at creating a setlist based on their tour and condensing it to the hits. 

(Intro: Flying Theme- ET)

1. Higher Power

2. Adventure of a Lifetime

3. Paradise

4. Viva La Vida

5. Something Just Like This 

6. Yellow

7. Clocks

8. Fix You

9. Hymn for the Weekend

10. My Universe

11. A Sky Full Of Stars

It’s a shame they don’t play Speed of Sound anymore. My all time fav. 

Stage start times from the access guide:

On Friday, live music begins at 15:00 with Radio 1 DJ's Matt & Mollie opening the Radio 1 Main Stage followed by Becky Hill at 16:00, Kenya Grace will open the Radio 1 New Music Stage at 16:45. The BBC Introducing Stage and Radio 1 Dance Stage both start at 15:00.

On Saturday, live music begins at 13:00 with the Joel Corry opening the Radio 1 Main Stage. Alfie Templeman will open the Radio 1 New Music Stage at 13:15. The BBC Introducing Stage and Radio 1 Dance Stage both start at 11:30.

On Sunday, Radio 1's Nat O'Leary kicks things off on the Radio 1 Main Stage at midday followed by AJ Tracey at 13:00. FIZZ will open the Radio 1 New Music Stage at 13:15. The BBC Introducing Stage and Radio 1 Dance Stage both start at 11:30.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, drfisher said:

Does everyone have their tickets now through Ticketmaster? Bought a pair through Viagogo for Face value but not received them yet, just getting a bit worried if they’ve changed their mind!

Viagogo is a massive vianono