Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

4 hours ago, John L said:

So looks like no Catfish or Gerry Cinnamon either as both at R&L.

Courteeners look a really good shout now but a bit awkward to place in the South. Castle headline against a dancier act maybe? 

I don't think Catfish are ruled out myself, but I'm unsure without looking if there has ever been a headliner shared.

Noel and Pulp I think have to be almost odds on. I think Noel will do at least two of Victorious, Kendall and Y Not.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I don't think Catfish are ruled out myself, but I'm unsure without looking if there has ever been a headliner shared.

Noel and Pulp I think have to be almost odds on. I think Noel will do at least two of Victorious, Kendall and Y Not.

Catfish are absolutely ruled out.

It's also funny pretty much every year for the past 4 years? Maybe more, on here it's people saying Noel must be nailed on, then never plays 😂

23 hours ago, northernangel said:

To be honest I've only said this year, it's not even one that would be a ticket persuader for me.

It wasn't directed at you, just his name is always touted about, I saw him last time there, he was dull as dishwater.

Yeah he's got name value, but he's actually very boring, my opinion anyway. 

Not sure Noel will be there. It just looks so B-list when Liam is at R&L the same weekend.

Paul Weller would strike me as a “we couldn’t get anyone else” headliner.

Pulp are looking very likely aren’t they. I could tolerate Fatboy Slim as a headliner if they put The Courteeners against him on The Castle. I’d like them to give someone like Fontaines DC a headline slot - a newer band that I think could pull it off. I’d need to find some female artists high up to balance things out a bit. Think Girls Aloud could be the Saturday special guests?

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

It wasn't directed at you, just his name is always touted about, I saw him last time there, he was dull as dishwater.

Yeah he's got name value, but he's actually very boring, my opinion anyway. 

Yeah the oasis stuff was good in Nottingham this year at Splendour but generally after seeing him when he first went solo I'm good, not a lot of stage presence. He would do much better acoustically maybe.

14 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah was Jamiraqoui and The Streets up there.  

Yeah and when I think of those names, I don't think of him as a smaller name and so sort of makes sense that he would be that sort of headliner for Victorious.

Be interesting to see who they would put on Castle against him. You would hope an indie name but it did not go that way this year with JK.

9 minutes ago, Dales said:

Yeah and when I think of those names, I don't think of him as a smaller name and so sort of makes sense that he would be that sort of headliner for Victorious.

Be interesting to see who they would put on Castle against him. You would hope an indie name but it did not go that way this year with JK.

Last 3 Fridays have been Madness, Stereophonics and Jamiraqoui.  Yeah… its going to be Fatboy isn’t it

Just now, sisco said:

Last 3 Fridays have been Madness, Stereophonics and Jamiraqoui.  Yeah… its going to be Fatboy isn’t it

Yeah. To be fair I think I would be happy enough to See Fat Boy Slim. I have not seen him since my clubbing days back in the 90s and early 00's. I just hope they don't do anything stupid like put Courteeners on the same time on the Castle and cause me to have to make a hard call. To be honest, no idea what he even plays these days.

Fat Boy against someone I don't care about is fine but can't take another Mumford v Marr call to make.

5 minutes ago, Dales said:

Yeah. To be fair I think I would be happy enough to See Fat Boy Slim. I have not seen him since my clubbing days back in the 90s and early 00's. I just hope they don't do anything stupid like put Courteeners on the same time on the Castle and cause me to have to make a hard call. To be honest, no idea what he even plays these days.

Fat Boy against someone I don't care about is fine but can't take another Mumford v Marr call to make.

Reckon they’re more likely to sub the main stage myself.  Guess we’ll see Fatboy and a few others next week anyway