Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

I've been checking out some of the band names already booked. Editors and Fontaines DC are OK, Yard Act is REALLY good. 

Still say there needs to be someone to bring the party. The Offspring would do that. They are in Austria on Aug 15th, so possible. Keane, while not my fav, would be touring a big 20th anniversary show, so that would at least be something big.

16 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Soon = 1-2 weeks, soonish = 3-4 weeks 😄 

If it is actually a band that pulls and not another Janelle Moane level booking, why they leave it till practically end of April, early May? Eho on earth buys Festival pass in May?

2 minutes ago, Akujin said:

If it is actually a band that pulls and not another Janelle Moane level booking, why they leave it till practically end of April, early May? Eho on earth buys Festival pass in May?

As told befote by someone else, if it's No Doubt, they probably have some sort of contract to be exclusive to coachella, so sziget has to wait to the end of April.

If it is Twenty One Pilots it might be after their tour goes on sale, so the 5th of April.

Other band might have similar explanations, but now I can't think of more.

Sziget must have a reasonable amount of confidence that the band will sell tickets if they are allowing them to hold off announcing until sometime in April.

No Doubt subbed by Charli XCX would be immense.

Edited by billybigballs

42 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Sziget must have a reasonable amount of confidence that the band will sell tickets if they are allowing them to hold off announcing until sometime in April.

No Doubt subbed by Charli XCX would be immense.

Yeah, that would restore some lost magic. Having a No Doubt EU exclusive and an opening act who has game. Charli would be a perfect sub.

This is from No Doubt's wiki page: "Later that same day, it was announced that No Doubt would be performing at Coachella in April 2024. On February 2, a source close to the band revealed to Us Weekly that “the whole group has some ideas for new material and are open to a tour directly after [their] performance.”" 👀

This is the article from Us Weekly: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/inside-no-doubts-coachella-reunion-plans-source/

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I do love how everyone's getting excited (myself included) about a potential No Doubt / Charli XCX double-header, when we all know it's actually going to be Bastille / Macklemore 😉

Well, they either hope they're selling tickets well with the current lineup and risk announcing a Bastille / Macklemore-type band as headliner for the 7th or they really have an ace up their sleeves like No Doubt.

I'm very disappointed. Because most of this line up is for the under 22 years old, let's be honest : soooooo many edm-electro-techno names... ! And most of them are quite unknown . It's disrespectful to Sziget fans who have been attending it for years. Like "you're more than 26 ? go f.ck yourself."

When Bands/Artists like Placebo, Biffy Clyro, Keane, Snow Patrol, Idles, TDCC, NBT, Wet Leg, Justice, Korn, Deftones, The Offspring, Maneskin, The Kills, Architects (maybe too much metal lol..), Bring Me The Horizon, etc... etc.... ETC..... can be available in August, and Sziget only take "SOLO - NOT TOO EXPENSIVE" artists .............. yes, I take it as a lack of respect. It makes me angry. And sad.

I personally like 9 acts of this 2024 line up. Only 9 ...

I'm sorry @Sziget2024_Leaks that must be annoying to read this kind of comments 😕 thanks again for your presence here, but please, can you tell me, tell us, what's the direction taking by the new owners ..? "only young people", " cut the line up budget", "no more bands", etc...? The difference in line up this year is completely frightening.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Because most of this line up is for the under 22 years old, let's be honest

I saw people elsewhere suggesting that Sziget should book Maneskin as the last headliner because they're not targeting young people good enough 🙄

14 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I'm very disappointed. Because most of this line up is for the under 22 years old, let's be honest : soooooo many edm-electro-techno names... ! And most of them are quite unknown . It's disrespectful to Sziget fans who have been attending it for years. Like "you're more than 26 ? go f.ck yourself."

When Bands/Artists like Placebo, Biffy Clyro, Keane, Snow Patrol, Idles, TDCC, NBT, Wet Leg, Justice, Korn, Deftones, The Offspring, Maneskin, The Kills, Architects (maybe too much metal lol..), Bring Me The Horizon, etc... etc.... ETC..... can be available in August, and Sziget only take "SOLO - NOT TOO EXPENSIVE" artists .............. yes, I take it as a lack of respect. It makes me angry. And sad.

I personally like 9 acts of this 2024 line up. Only 9 ...

I'm sorry @Sziget2024_Leaks that must be annoying to read this kind of comments 😕 thanks again for your presence here, but please, can you tell me, tell us, what's the direction taking by the new owners ..? "only young people", " cut the line up budget", "no more bands", etc...? The difference in line up this year is completely frightening.

I was struggling all day to put this exact feeling into words but you just did it. I agree 100%. 
 I have never been so non-enthousiastic about a festival lineup in my life.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Dukkai said:

there was a great comment on FB today.. a person said that Ticketswap is gonna make so much money this year on Sziget, it is gonna be silly 😄

He's totally right. From the current lineup, I like only 2 headliners + 7-8 more smaller acts. I might be interested to see 4-5 more and I also have to listen to some of the rest.

But I wouldn't have bought any tickets if I knew the lineup would look like this. The only way it would worth the money is if they really have a big band for the 7th. And Maneskin don't do it for me, to be honest. I like them, but they're almost everywhere, so it wouldn't be something really special. Most of those who wanted to see Maneskin, already bought tickets to see them elsewhere.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

8 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

He's totally right. From the current lineup, I like only 2 headliners + 7-8 more smaller acts. I might be interested to see in 4-5 more and I also have to listen to some of the rest.

But I wouldn't have bought any tickets if I knew the lineup would look like this. The only way it would worth the money is if they really have a big band for the 7th. And Maneskin don't do it for me, to be honest. I like them, but they're almost everywhere, so it wouldn't be something really special. Most of those who wanted to see Maneskin, already bought tickets to see them elsewhere.

Are you still #1 Sziget fan tho? 🙂

Jooes aside, totally agree that this is a complete diseegard of fans eho have been goimg to Sziget for 10-15 years.

There has always been disappointments about lineup releases but I have not seen such strong consensus about how shite a lineup is.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Are you still #1 Sziget fan tho? 🙂

😂 I'm going anyway because I enjoy the overall atmosphere which feels special. But I'm a bit worried that the lineup might change that too. That's because Sziget used to book at least 1-2 big star names yearly which I think also helped to create that special festival feeling.

2023 had Billie Eilish and Imagine Dragons. 2022 had Justin Bieber (no fan of him but he was a big name), Arctic Monkeys, Dua Lipa. 2019 brought Foo Fighters, 21 Pilots and Ed Sheeran to Sziget. We had Arctic Monkeys returning from hiatus in 2018, we had Kendrick Lamar who just won a Pulitzer, Lana Del Rey, Mumford & Sons as festival exclusives and the list goes on.

None of the current headliners are as popular as these names were back then. Even in 2017, when they had similar lineup issues with the lack of headliners, they managed to bring P!nk at least.

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Upvote 1

Is this the ideal line-up based on who's touring this summer? No.

Is it worth the 40 euros per day I paid for my six day ticket? Absolutely.

Liam doing Definitely Maybe - I'm in.

Fred Again.. showing why he's truly headline material - yes please.

Editors, Fontaines, Yard Act and Nova Twins bringing the guitars. Thank you very much.

Plus excellent female representation with Raye, Halsey, Aurora and Janelle.

And one more headliner (plus Jungle and Charli?) still to come.

Perfect? Not even close.

But as awful as comments of socials would have you believe? Not at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7