Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

5 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Another AA+ act that might be a Sziget-style booking is Maroon 5. They have nothing scheduled between July 7 and September 27.

Saw Maroon5 last year and its really nothing enjoyable. Imagine Dragons are way bigger and better if there is that comparison. Maroon are just bland.

what about Gwen Steffani? Saw her last year with Maroon5 and she was much more enjoyable and show was fun.

1 minute ago, billybigballs said:

More importantly, who are the 41 people who liked it!

I was completely shocked by how many people were rushing to the main stage after Lorde’s set to see him. I dont like him personally, but heard he was pretty good compared to other acts..

3 minutes ago, rowexx said:

I was completely shocked by how many people were rushing to the main stage after Lorde’s set to see him. I dont like him personally, but heard he was pretty good compared to other acts..

He IS pretty good, but he's at Sziget more often than Dreher!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Gabi Ruiz said:

So, people complaning about Macklemore going to Sziget (he did 2014, 2017, 2019 and 2023) but Dua Lipa (2018, 2022, "imagine 2024") is ok?

Exactly! Macklemore is old old old news..he peaked in 2012 and he’s just the thrift shop and cant hold us guy for most of the festival goers. Dua Lipa on the other hand releases bop after bop and has a new album coming out. Its not a matter of whether you like her or not…she’s one of the biggest pop stars of the moment

12 minutes ago, rowexx said:

Exactly! Macklemore is old old old news..he peaked in 2012 and he’s just the thrift shop and cant hold us guy for most of the festival goers. Dua Lipa on the other hand releases bop after bop and has a new album coming out. Its not a matter of whether you like her or not…she’s one of the biggest pop stars of the moment

Were you there last year? I was quite far back and everyone were dancing almost through all the songs, so defo not a two somg guy even if ppl would struggle tk name the songs.

41 minutes ago, Gabi Ruiz said:

So, people complaning about Macklemore going to Sziget (he did 2014, 2017, 2019 and 2023) but Dua Lipa (2018, 2022, "imagine 2024") is ok?

Yes.

Add "imagine 2024" for Macklemore as well, and it's 5 v 3.
He performed at Sziget twice as much as Dua Lipa so far.

And every time Dua Lipa comes to Sziget she's more popular than she previously was. For Macklemore it's the other way around.

Edited by kristofm
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, rowexx said:

Of course it is. If Dua Lipa comes, she would have acted in 3 of the last 5 Sziget. You complain that Macklemore performs a lot at the festival, but the reality is that you don't like him. People ask for bands in this thread like The Strokes, The Killers and things like that, when their peak was 20 years ago. You use arguments to justify that you like some bands and not others.

Over the last few years, Macklemore has played on every stage all over the land and I doubt there are people who haven't seen him yet. He is the incarnation of un-exclusive... But it's always a big party, that's true. My bet is on Dua Lipa. 

36 minutes ago, Gabi Ruiz said:

Of course it is. If Dua Lipa comes, she would have acted in 3 of the last 5 Sziget. You complain that Macklemore performs a lot at the festival, but the reality is that you don't like him. People ask for bands in this thread like The Strokes, The Killers and things like that, when their peak was 20 years ago. You use arguments to justify that you like some bands and not others.

I dont like The Killers either, but I totally agree they’d be a strong headliner. Can’t say the same about Macklemore

Edited by rowexx
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Gabi Ruiz said:

I can't believe this is even a discussion. In 2023, prior to Sziget, Mackelmore toured the UK playing at Academy venues with a capacity of around 1,500. The Killers play stadiums with capacities of between 40,000 and 70,000. 

Yes, Mackelmore is fun. I enjoy his set, but he does not sell vast quantities of tickets or add prestige to a line-up - and a headliner is meant to do both.

• Upvote 2