Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

16 hours ago, billybigballs said:

How much are we betting the announcement will be made next Thursday so they can make puns on socials about people 'leap'ing with joy at the announcement.

Maybe you are right with the date. But then leaks has to start his quiz in monday. But I expect a disaster announcement again. My hopes are for the europestage...

2 hours ago, gunghoglen said:

Keane would be a bit of a surprise to me, did not think Sziget was targeting an older audience anymore. Decent band with a massive hit, and they are on a big anniversary tour. If I was going for older bands, I'd bring The Offspring, they are a massive party.

I think they are big now again because Somewhere Only We Know is everywhere on Tiktok so young people know them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ads1 said:

How about Justin Timberlake? He's just announced the European Tour in July/August! 

Would be a great boost to the lineup, however looking at his tour schedule he seems to be the UK on the days we’re missing a headliner. Too bad

Is Tame Impala ruled out for some reason? The “alter ego” thing could refer to him.

Sziget leaks have denied the other guess but hasn’t denied the Tame impala guess… ofc he could have well just ignored it 😄 

Any reason ehy he would be ruled out?

1 hour ago, SweetJesus said:

RHCP were substitute for Foo Fighters, that's why they played 2 years in a row.

That's exactly my point. If they're 1 sub short on a certain day and NBT is available, having them twice in a row is better than nothing.

12 minutes ago, thetime said:

Sziget marketing it as a festival holiday, with the sights of budapest tells you everything. 

to be fair the city of Budapest has been a partner for ages and it isn't something they don't usually do - marketing the city is part of the festival's identity

1 minute ago, iamdebrii said:

to be fair the city of Budapest has been a partner for ages and it isn't something they don't usually do - marketing the city is part of the festival's identity

Not as visually, I have been going for about 10 year and is certainly noticeable this year. Which implies they are trying to sell it more due to the shite line up. 

I love Sziget and Budapest, but is not a good sign to me. 

55 minutes ago, thetime said:

Not as visually, I have been going for about 10 year and is certainly noticeable this year. Which implies they are trying to sell it more due to the shite line up. 

I love Sziget and Budapest, but is not a good sign to me. 

The fact that the leaker disappeared for more than two months and the first act he hints at on his return is Tom Odell probably tells you all you need to know about the likely quality of the next announcement. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

The fact that the leaker disappeared for more than two months and the first act he hints at on his return is Tom Odell probably tells you all you need to know about the likely quality of the next announcement. 

He also hinted at Raye, who is an excellent booking - so it's swings and roundabouts. Its unlikely he was going to hint at a headliner when the announcement was at least 10 days away.

25 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

Wasn't it Skrillex? The alien emoji.

1 hour ago, So Sad Simon said:

Any hints on when the announcement will actually be made @Sziget2024_Leaks? It'll be March at the end of the week so feels like it's not far away.

Sometime in the next 15 days if you look at what @Sziget2024_Leakssaid last week, which was something along the lines of us not having to wait later than 12 March.