Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

We are blessed to have a quality leaker on these forums, it definitely spices things up. I would advise @Sziget2024_Leaks to be more of a chaotic gremlin like Dan Wilcox over on the R&L board but, regardless, they bring a lot of fun to the game. 

Lineups this year are looking a bit weird with places that book ‘smart’ alt lineups (Rock en Seine/ Flow/ Oya) making killer bookings while more mainstream fests (Mad Cool/ Pinkpop/ probably Glasto) falling a bit flat. 

I suspect that Sziget ain’t gonna be my cup of tea this year but I will say to any first-timers worrying that it’s a bloody fantastic fest regardless of lineup and I sure everyone is gonna have an incredible time.

For me, Sziget is a proper fest that offers so much more than the poster. Go to the circus, do a bungee jump, relax at the library, go to magic mirror and discover some fringe act you never would have seen. It’s a riot and (if you’re from certain countries) it’s bloody cheap, what’s not to love?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, On The Blend said:

For me, Sziget is a proper fest that offers so much more than the poster. Go to the circus, do a bungee jump, relax at the library, go to magic mirror and discover some fringe act you never would have seen. It’s a riot and (if you’re from certain countries) it’s bloody cheap, what’s not to love?

I'll definitely be attending this year as we have already bought tickets - Sziget truly is one of the greatest experiences, the people are nice, the music is always good regardless of the line-up, the prices are reasonable. Whatever may come tomorrow, SZ is always a buzz. ♥️                                 

6 hours ago, Dukkai said:

Considering that they haven't actually hinted to anyone who could be considered a headliner, I think that is a tall order.. if we get 2, that will be a lot it seems

Fred is headlining Syd for Solen, Way out West, R&L, Flow, and Rock en Seine, he can very much be considered a headliner. 

19 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

More crazy is that Sam sh*t is headliner. Fred Again at least headlines few festivals next summer

Sam is the only one we know of that has numbers, like it or not. Compared to previous years, this line up seems very weak so I am hoping they’ll be at least able to get someone good for the second announcement. 

Edited by pxtrik