West Holts 2024

CaledonianGonzo

Has anyone spotted that Julian Marley is playing what is probably a Glastonbury warm up show at the cheese and grain on 24th June.

I might try to get myself to Frome for that. Not sure if it's possible on public transport for immobile me.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Has anyone spotted that Julian Marley is playing what is probably a Glastonbury warm up show at the cheese and grain on 24th June.

I might try to get myself to Frome for that. Not sure if it's possible on public transport for immobile me.

That’s interesting. Could we be spoilt and have both him and Steel Pulse I wonder?

28 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That’s interesting. Could we be spoilt and have both him and Steel Pulse I wonder?

Lucky if you do enjoy the pulse. Not entirely sure that I want to see them again. Last time was handsworth revolution in full. They'll never top that for me.

13 hours ago, Neil said:

Lucky if you do enjoy the pulse. Not entirely sure that I want to see them again. Last time was handsworth revolution in full. They'll never top that for me.

I've only seen them once (1978!!) so I really must catch them one more time...

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I've only seen them once (1978!!) so I really must catch them one more time...

they were great on west holts about ten years back I've seen them a few other times they normally only do a medley of Handsworth Revolution tracks. with a selection of other tracks of theirs - very good, and normally very slick, which they should be as they've been around for about 40 years.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 9:19 AM, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm completely obsessed with Black Pumas now.  Both albums are solid throughout, but Colors and More Than a Love Song are both STONE. COLD. BANGERS.  I haven't been this excited about a newly discovered act in ages.  Loving it.

I really couldn't agree more...... they are certainly my number 1 must see....

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Justice just started at Coachella 

Looks like they've seen that Glastonbury has an outdoor theatre stage and Coachella should have one too but then didn't know what to do with it except put bands on it.

Given that every other headliner act seems to be in day order it’d be strange for that to not be the case for Holts also.

Justice vs Coldplay was the dream, but I’ll happily take them closing out my festival. The SZA clash is annoying, but given the raves Justice’ Coachella set seems to be getting, I doubt I’ll be thinking of what’s going on elsewhere on the night. 

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Justice were good but as an attendee of the 2017 set it was hella similar.

That's my slight concern. 2017 was so good. The crowd were 100% up for it. Trying to recreate that, in exactly the same slot is something I'm not sure about. And I like The National. And I've only ever seen one Other headliner ever (Chems, 2015).

So, I think that might be my Sunday night (before heading to the Glade Dome for Psytrance Sunday 😄).

Ben

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That's my slight concern. 2017 was so good. The crowd were 100% up for it. Trying to recreate that, in exactly the same slot is something I'm not sure about. And I like The National. And I've only ever seen one Other headliner ever (Chems, 2015).

So, I think that might be my Sunday night (before heading to the Glade Dome for Psytrance Sunday 😄).

Ben

* De-friends * 

My entire team are super-hyped for Justice again and fair play, but I'm definitely seeing the attraction of SZA. Don't want to end the weekend on a solo mission but equally SZA is a bit of a special talent, and it could well end up being a You Should Have Been There sort of show.