Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

5 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

Thanks to the experienced hands for giving an overview of the entry process.  I am really looking forward to volunteering, both at Glastonbury and Shindig.  I've always wanted to volunteer to see the other side of the festivals, but my group had been lucky one way or another in the Glastonbury ticket sale for years, so the chance never comes up.  I am really pleased to start on this journey now. Number 17 for me at Glastonbury and first one volunteering.

one of huge massive advantage to working (to me anyway) is getting on site early, with oxfam you can be on site for Monday afternoon and chill for a few days - even better if you can get put on the early shifts and get there on sat.

relaxing around the site before it starts starts is like being in a paralel version of a chilled glasto - no crowds

Just now, bob323 said:

one of huge massive advantage to working (to me anyway) is getting on site early, with oxfam you can be on site for Monday afternoon and chill for a few days - even better if you can get put on the early shifts and get there on sat.

relaxing around the site before it starts starts is like being in a paralel version of a chilled glasto - no crowds

Do you know what the earliest time you can arrive for Oxfam on the Monday? My niece is volunteering with another group so we want to travel together but she needs to be onsite by Monday. - 

2 minutes ago, sedra said:

Do you know what the earliest time you can arrive for Oxfam on the Monday? My niece is volunteering with another group so we want to travel together but she needs to be onsite by Monday. - 

It was 10am Monday last year, unless you got early shifts.

IMG_1431.thumb.jpeg.9487c659035fa2b1eee3b985ced2b32a.jpeg

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, stuie said:

c00193d5-306f-4f9f-af3c-5a0e4f7c6522.thumb.jpeg.33d80eab88a42adc19dba29a699b19c9.jpeg

Told myself I wasn't going to try for anymore Oxfam places but may as well give it one more go this morning! If it's meant to be.... 🤞

(Could end up being awkward as I have now already made plans for that week and the other half has put holidays in at work, but whoops it's Glasto what can I do)

24 minutes ago, svphie said:

Anyone know if they take Amex for the Oxfam deposit? just as my debit is new and I don't fully trust it as haven't used it yet...

The site doesn't take Amex payments but it does now have Apple Pay, so you can add your Amex to Apple Pay.

• Thanks 1

Good luck to those trying!

Just repeating what happened to me in the first 'resale': if you are able to click proceed but it is not allocating you a spot keep trying to click proceed/reserve (do not refresh or close/go back). I kept refreshing and managed to bag a spot 45 mins + after they all initially went.

• Like 1

Just now, faymondo said:

Well that was ultra fast. Came up got as far a ticking the boxes and all gone. 

Keep trying .... places can become available again if payments fail etc.  Keep trying all day if you have to.  I got 2 places last year at about 2pm.  

13 minutes ago, barcelonista1899 said:

Good luck to those trying!

Just repeating what happened to me in the first 'resale': if you are able to click proceed but it is not allocating you a spot keep trying to click proceed/reserve (do not refresh or close/go back). I kept refreshing and managed to bag a spot 45 mins + after they all initially went.

I am in this situation. I guess I’ll just keep clicking on the proceed button?

3 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Well that was ultra fast. Came up got as far a ticking the boxes and all gone. 

i think ive still got your details , do you want me to keep trying

I secured an Oxfam volunteering space in the release a couple of months ago, but my friend failed. I just managed to bag her a space today just a few moments before 11am.

Was super stressful - selecting Glastonbury was easy, but ensuring all 3 check boxes were complete, then hitting the button and hoping you were fast enough = awful! Then the Stripe screen wouldn't accept my Apple Pay (says postcode is wrong as it's a new build) but it took the full £360 fee so when I manually entered details it was saying "insufficient funds" (as I moved the right amount in and it had already been taken once). So stressful, but finally got there after a bank transfer AND the original funds are back in (so looks like it was pending). 

Stressful but - keep trying. Peoples payments will fail as I demonstrated above. I had completely written it off as going to fail after stripe issues (as I was unsure if it was quickest to actually complete payment) but got through. Keep on going!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'll be at my laptop for the next hour and again in the afternoon if anyone wants me to try for them?  DM your details if you do.  

Just keep at it .... keep refreshing the page as if it was ticket day !! 

• Upvote 1

Got one for a friend. I cheated slightly and enabled the "glastonbury" option in the drop down myself using dev tools, then pre clicked all the boxes. As soon as it went live i hit proceed and bam... 🙂

Good luck to those still trying 

• Upvote 1