Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

14 minutes ago, rwhitehouse13 said:

I also bagged a place after signing up for Shindig - I’m going to Glastonbury!

Congratulations! 

Still got almost 2 months to pack 🙂 

Just now, deadponyclub said:

I argue we are now beyond mid morning and no sign of it opening up for non-Shindiggers

May 2nd for the General release..

• Like 1

If anyone's still after an Oxfam slot and isn't able to get online tomorrow morning, I'd be happy to help! Would rather a trustworthy/longtime poster on here though given the deposit. Will be sat at my desk all morning anyhow so gies a shout!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deadponyclub said:

I argue we are now beyond mid morning and no sign of it opening up for non-Shindiggers

That’s cos it’s tomorrow 😀

• Like 1

Hi all, to those who have volunteered with Oxfam in the past, do you know if you get sent a ticket sometime before? If not, how to you “prove” that you have got a volunteering place?

First time going solo this year, but very reassured but the number of others who are. Also, despite the frustration that others are feeling, I’m very happy with the line up as I don’t think I’ll feel any great pain if I miss any acts. See you in June!

Just now, TitchyMitch said:

Hi all, to those who have volunteered with Oxfam in the past, do you know if you get sent a ticket sometime before? If not, how to you “prove” that you have got a volunteering place?

First time going solo this year, but very reassured but the number of others who are. Also, despite the frustration that others are feeling, I’m very happy with the line up as I don’t think I’ll feel any great pain if I miss any acts. See you in June!

Hi @TitchyMitch

You won't get a ticket but you'll get a confirmation email and you need to turn up with your photo ID.  No photo ID literally means no festival and there are no exceptions. 

If you've registered a car or camper you'll get a vehicle routing pass to stick in your window, sent by post. 

27 minutes ago, stuie said:

Hi @TitchyMitch

You won't get a ticket but you'll get a confirmation email and you need to turn up with your photo ID.  No photo ID literally means no festival and there are no exceptions. 

If you've registered a car or camper you'll get a vehicle routing pass to stick in your window, sent by post. 

you have to send a photo before hand, which I assume they check when giving your wristband and lanyard out - both needed to get into the oxfam field and festival

your own photo id just gets you initially into the Oxfam field - not the festival (the oxfam field is outside the glasto wall, but secure in its own right), to pick up your oxfam photo lanyard ....you also need to show your confirmation email  (I had to!?!) - this was a bit of pain because I could not get a good signal on my phone (3 mobile) at the entrance. Ideally print the email off before going

Edited by bob323

8 minutes ago, bob323 said:

you have to send a photo before hand, which I assume they check when giving your wristband and lanyard out - both needed to get into the oxfam field and festival

your own photo id just gets you initially into the Oxfam field - not the festival, to pick your photo id lanyard up ..you also need to show your confirmation email  (I had to!?!) - this was a bit of pain because I could not get a good signal on my phone (3 mobile) at the entrance. Ideally print the email off before going

Your photo ID is required to get into Oxfam field AND register/collect your lanyard/wristband.

Your photo is already uploaded to your profile and will be on your ID lanyard which you’ll get given at registration if glasto is your first Oxfam festival of the year.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Your photo ID is required to get into Oxfam field AND register/collect your lanyard/wristband.

Your photo is already uploaded to your profile and will be on your ID lanyard which you’ll get given at registration if glasto is your first Oxfam festival of the year.

I forgot I had to produce it to get the pack - maybe because I was like a kid at xmas

Edited by bob323

1 minute ago, bob323 said:

I forgot I had to produce it to get the pack - maybe because I was like a kid at xmas

I save the kid at xmas behaviour until I open the pack and see the shift times! 🙂 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I save the kid at xmas behaviour until I open the pack and see the shift times! 🙂 

It all merged into one, since for me i thought I had extremely good shift patterns wed / thurs - afternoon and a sat morning - woo

Just now, bob323 said:

It all merged into one, since for me i thought I had extremely good shift patterns wed / thurs - afternoon and a sat morning - woo

yep... that's a good one! 

I know this is complete guess work but what have previous years been like with the Glastonbury oxfam “resale”? Is it a gone in 60 seconds sort of thing usually? The shindig dates just didn’t add up for me otherwise I would’ve been all over that to secure this year and next in one go! 

14 minutes ago, bob323 said:

I had those shifts too! same again this year would be absolutely fine with me, the thursday finish even gave enough time to dive into the SE corner and see Skindred/ho99o9 👍 I really dont mind too much what i get, though overnights that are before the music starts are much preferable to overnights during the fest . . . 

3 minutes ago, hallamer said:

I know this is complete guess work but what have previous years been like with the Glastonbury oxfam “resale”? Is it a gone in 60 seconds sort of thing usually? The shindig dates just didn’t add up for me otherwise I would’ve been all over that to secure this year and next in one go! 

Gone as fast as the system can handle it. Way less than 60 seconds for the initial burst, but with the potential for places to pop back up after if/as payments fail.

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I had those shifts too! same again this year would be absolutely fine with me, the thursday finish even gave enough time to dive into the SE corner and see Skindred/ho99o9 👍 I really dont mind too much what i get, though overnights that are before the music starts are much preferable to overnights during the fest . . . 

I just so happened to be passing when skindred when they're on. I was "forced" to watch them for 20min or so because of the huge crush at the back, one of the more enjoyable forced crushes

Edited by bob323

Thanks to the experienced hands for giving an overview of the entry process.  I am really looking forward to volunteering, both at Glastonbury and Shindig.  I've always wanted to volunteer to see the other side of the festivals, but my group had been lucky one way or another in the Glastonbury ticket sale for years, so the chance never comes up.  I am really pleased to start on this journey now. Number 17 for me at Glastonbury and first one volunteering.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

Thanks to the experienced hands for giving an overview of the entry process.  I am really looking forward to volunteering, both at Glastonbury and Shindig.  I've always wanted to volunteer to see the other side of the festivals, but my group had been lucky one way or another in the Glastonbury ticket sale for years, so the chance never comes up.  I am really pleased to start on this journey now. Number 17 for me at Glastonbury and first one volunteering.

I hope you enjoy it! 

After 16 Glasto's you'll know your way around and if you get put in a good location it's really nice to be able to use the knowledge you've built up over the years to help others. 

4 hours ago, oakdown said:

If anyone's still after an Oxfam slot and isn't able to get online tomorrow morning, I'd be happy to help! Would rather a trustworthy/longtime poster on here though given the deposit. Will be sat at my desk all morning anyhow so gies a shout!

Hi, thank you so much for this - sent you a