Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

12 hours ago, JackP1994 said:

I’m sure it would’ve been mentioned in here if it had, but any of you page monitor’ers seen Glasto pop up on Oxfam since yesterday eve?

My laptop failed me and reset itself resulting in everything logging out at some point today!

nothing lost - I’m 100% certain if any places came I’d see it on WhatsApp, fb group or on here 😄

• Upvote 1

Apologies if already answered- but if successful with Oxfam early shifts, does this require Saturday or Sunday arrival? (And inunderstand for normal shifts it's latest Tureday, but Monday allowed). I can't seem to find an answer to the former online. Thanks!

Just now, Mr. B said:

Apologies if already answered- but if successful with Oxfam early shifts, does this require Saturday or Sunday arrival? (And inunderstand for normal shifts it's latest Tureday, but Monday allowed). I can't seem to find an answer to the former online. Thanks!

Saturday arrival. You need to be ready to start your first shift on the Sunday (or in a small number of cases, later that Saturday but they should warn you if that's the case).

• Thanks 1

Anyone know if I can change the registration of the car I'll be taking down, assume it's just a case of emailing Oxfam? Mine died at the weekend and unlikely I'll be able to use that now so going to have to swap! 

55 minutes ago, thewomble said:

Anyone know if I can change the registration of the car I'll be taking down, assume it's just a case of emailing Oxfam? Mine died at the weekend and unlikely I'll be able to use that now so going to have to swap! 

Tbh just tell Adbox at the Festival.

The main reason to get the registration number is so that if there's an issue, they know who to contact - but that'd be very rare.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

Hi friends 👋 

I almost passed out when I saw the email…..I’ve got a spot with Avalon bars 🥳😍🍻 

SEE YOU ON THE FARM! 

Amazing!!! So pleased you’re finally sorted 👏🏻👏🏻😄

17 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

Hi friends 👋 

SEE YOU ON THE FARM! 

Congratulations @BillieBobs 😀😀
just goes to show that you should never give up hope - if you really want to be there, it can happen! 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Congratulations @BillieBobs 😀😀
just goes to show that you should never give up hope - if you really want to be there, it can happen! 

Thank you so much! The email came out of the blue so absolutely agree not to give up hope 🥳🍀🤞

57 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

Hi friends 👋 

SEE YOU ON THE FARM! 

Ahhh this is brilliant news, so pleased for you. See you on the pub crawl! 🍻

1 hour ago, BillieBobs said:

I am so excited for the pub crawl 🥳😂😍

Well done as I can see over the last few months that you have tried lots of working angles. It's paid off for you 

5 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Well done as I can see over the last few months that you have tried lots of working angles. It's paid off for you 

Thank you. I still can’t believe it 😂😍 Been so excited all day. Hope to see a few more e festers get there 🥳🤞🍀

17 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Whole forum seems very quiet this close to gates opening 

Yeah it is… a lot of old active posters are no longer here and that’s sad… but I do think that the people who are here are lovely… nice vibes around the forum this year, despite the lower post count! 

Good that you’re back skip… 😀

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BillieBobs said:

Hi friends 👋 

SEE YOU ON THE FARM! 

Super news. Really felt for you in your battle to get to Glastonbury. At least now it’s been worth the never say die attitude 

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Super news. Really felt for you in your battle to get to Glastonbury. At least now it’s been worth the never say die attitude 

Thank you so much! I’ve officially come out of hiding now and getting excited for the festival again 🥳