2000 Trees 2024

sacred shape

Already finding some gems that I haven't been aware of, or rediscovering. My Thursday is pretty busy and all of these are on Friday, so my days are getting stacked. 

Turnover 
Crawlers 
As December Falls
Bears in Trees 
Mouth Culture

• Upvote 1

Pretty disappointing lineup all round for me this year. There's a good few bands I'll happily watch but not one I'm particularly excited about.

Outbreak seem to have nicked a lot of the names I was hoping for (e.g. Basement, Touche Amore, TWIABP, Nothing etc.)

Don't think they'll ever top the 2022 lineup. Jimmy Eat World, Turnstile, Idles and Thrice was just such a pull. Plus Knocked Loose demolishing the main stage... hoping they've got something big in store for the final headliner, love The Chats but does seem pretty small considering who they've had.

On 2/1/2024 at 5:05 PM, theramm said:

Gaslight are bigger than the bulk of their recent headliners though. 

Probably. I mean, at their peak around 2012, TGA were very impressive.

Then Get Hurt and internal dissatisfaction damned them. Live shows dropped off, then everything else with the hiatus.

Bit of a shame.

54 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Probably. I mean, at their peak around 2012, TGA were very impressive.

Then Get Hurt and internal dissatisfaction damned them. Live shows dropped off, then everything else with the hiatus.

Bit of a shame.

Since the hiatus they played Wembley?!?

5 hours ago, theramm said:

And only shifted about 5,000 for it, by all accounts. (Please do correct me if wrong though!)

The point is that they looked like they had the world at their feet in 2012. A #2 record, double sell-outs at Brixton and third down at Download in 2013.

Then Get Hurt arrived in 2014 to a relatively muted response and corresponding shows that suddenly seemed more complacent and disjointed on stage. (Ah, I meant the quality of the live show, sorry! Again, can only speak from experience, but saw them twice on Get Hurt and they were merely average.)

The proper reunion run in 2022 felt much more alive. Saw the Manchester show on there - where they mostly ignored The '59 Sound, no less - and that was mad in how much better it was.

Sincerely hope they can build back up to both rousing prowess as a blockbuster live act with commercial heft. I just think that they may well be at their ceiling now.

On 2/2/2024 at 12:27 PM, Rusty Spoon said:

I thought Neck Deep were nailed on but surely they can't be the third headliner whilst struggling to sell Ally Pally and playing twice at Reading the next month? Especially with The Chats already down as headliner. 

Completely agree. If Neck Deep end up being the third headliner, announced in say 2 months. When Reading is already on sale, then it'd be a seriously bad choice. 

On 2/1/2024 at 9:38 AM, Ferd89 said:

Is there likely to be another release of 4 day tickets or do you think they've all gone?

I think that was the final one, might see in the next announcement but I'm still expecting Boston Mannor at least to play again on the weekend, would be nice to get The Xcerts and Pet Needs too.

On 2/3/2024 at 4:20 PM, theramm said:

Tickets for the Wembley Arena show were being given away on seat-filler websites in the end (after initially being reduced to a buy-one-get-one-free offer) 

Do love TGA, and with three Roundhouse shows, they're over the 5,000-capacity threshold for London, which is nice to see again.

But reckon it'll need something of a revival for them to justify headlining venues in the Wembley Arena / Alexandra Palace bracket again.

Anyway, against the caveat they've given that they won't overdose on History Books, here's my dream.

Great Expectations
History Books
Handwritten
Wooderson
Positive Charge
The Spirit of Jazz
Stray Paper
Michigan, 1975
Get Hurt
10 Film Noir
11 Little Fires
12 Too Much Blood
13 American Slang
14 Empires
15 Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts
16 "45"
17 I Live in the Room Above Her
18 Senor and the Queen
19 We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner
20 The '59 Sound

58 minutes ago, jonday81 said:

Frank Turner is back in the UK the weekend before Trees so it’s possible. It’s a solo set however so maybe he won’t headline.

IMG_8200.png

also straight off the back of the first leg of the full band tour so either option is possible  there have been plenty of occasions where he's played full band and solo shows the same weekends